Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx states, "You are in a different world. Burying these people would be considered an abomination to their remains. We leave them where they lie. The spirits not consumed are gone. Only the vessels that held them remain. The vessels, as they perish, replenish the soil and feed the wildlife."

"As to the Orc, is it even necessary to know its exact location. Are you wishing to follow into the Abyss?"

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Dengar: Painfully aware of why they came to this realm, "We are resting, right? This is most assuredly not something that resembles resting. The orc was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I left that foul, oversized creature to you all because it's painfully obvious to me that we need to regain our strength. Sphynx, forgive me as a may well be confused, but isn't this the place you went to restore yourself, returning to our plane seconds or perhaps minutes after leaving?"

Sphynx's reply regarding the lack of burial of those killed by the orc do not fall on deaf ears. "Listen to the Sphynx, gentlemen! He knows of what he speaks."
Pausing for a moment, he walks toward Sphynx and whispers to him, asking him could this giant orc-spawn be related to the rutterkin they destroyed on their wayward wizard's private Oerth?"

Dengar fills disoriented; this plane hopping is for the young of body, mind, and heart! Not used to this feeling, he sits in the grass on the hill, determined to settle himself in where he is.

MacConnell

Dengar: Painfully aware of why they came to this realm, "We are resting, right? This is most assuredly not something that resembles resting. The orc was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I left that foul, oversized creature to you all because it's painfully obvious to me that we need to regain our strength. Sphynx, forgive me as a may well be confused, but isn't this the place you went to restore yourself, returning to our plane seconds or perhaps minutes after leaving?"

Pausing for a moment, he walks toward Sphynx and whispers to him, asking him could this giant orc-spawn be related to the rutterkin they destroyed on their wayward wizard's private Oerth?"
Sphynx.png

Sphynx nods. "Yes I came here to rest. I was unaware of the difference in the passage of time from here as compared to there until I returned. I originally discovered this world during an astral travel. I did not 'create' it as Nimbar is prone to surmise, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that that creature is not of this world. If it was originally of Oerth, it is an abominable aberration of its kin and should no longer be even considered related. Its presence could be simply be coincidence or anomaly due to the considerable folding of space that has recently occurred with so much planar travel. I don't believe it is of direct portent to your current endeavor."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sphynx said:
Sphynx nods. "...You are in a different world. Burying these people would be considered an abomination to their remains. We leave them where they lie.

Pondren nods. "Yes, just like the Wolf Nomads, who take their deceased to Mount Feronel, and lay them on the peak, so that the sky spirit can gather their souls more quickly."

Sphynx said:
Sphynx nods. "...I did not 'create' it as Nimbar is prone to surmise, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that that creature is not of this world.

Pondren gasps. "You knew Nimbar The Watcher, Master of Mystics? What was he like? I read once, in Blackferne's Guide to Oerth History, that he was capable of calling Hurricanes from clear skies! I also read that he and another Elven Wizard fought Vecna to a stand-still, and almost destroyed him; of course, that was before Vecna ascended to godhood. I wish I could have known him. Alas, he's been dead over 240 years now."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Pondren gasps. "You knew Nimbar The Watcher, Master of Mystics? What was he like? I read once, in Blackferne's Guide to Oerth History, that he was capable of calling Hurricanes from clear skies! I also read that he and another Elven Wizard fought Vecna to a stand-still ... Alas, he's been dead over 240 years now."

"240 years? Has it been that long? I would not classify the battle with Vecna as a 'stand-still'. But alas, the clever bag of bones had several fail-safes in place preventing his utter demise. From Vecna's point of view, I would have called that fight a complete loss."

Sphynx walks over and extinguishes the campfire making sure there is no risk to the surrounding countryside by leaving it to smolder, untended. He takes some of the meat and smells it before putting it back down.

"If you came here to rest, it seems the respite is now earned. Are you all still involved with the fallout repercussions of the fool apprentices experiment gone awry or is it something else that has you all fatigued?"

Last edited:

Nezkrul

First Post
"They need their beauty sleep. Working a lot of miracles has got Dengar getting sleepy, and old Delbin here could probably use some orange juice and a nap. I'm not sure about Pondren, he seems fine."

Jynx finishes his meal, and walks around the camp, checking to see if there were more visitors to this camp than just the corpses and the Orc, before the party arrived.

"We did find some magical robes and a book that they wanted to read, study, figure out what makes them special."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sphynx said:
"240 years? Has it been that long? I would not classify the battle with Vecna as a 'stand-still'. But alas, the clever bag of bones had several fail-safes in place preventing his utter demise. From Vecna's point of view, I would have called that fight a complete loss."

Pondren stares at you incredulously, as recognition dawns upon him. "The Elven Wizard... that was YOU?"

Stifled snickering is heard from the rest of the party (Dengar, Delbin, and Jynx) as Pondren makes the connection. Pondren looks around, noting the amused looks on everyone's faces, and says, "Oh, I see. It seems that I am the last one to know. I must apologize; it seems that I did indeed underestimate all of you when I first hired Nixx to kidnap Mr. Keartanen here;" referring to Dengar's seldom-used last name, "So...is there anything else I should know? If you're the Elven Wizard, am I to assume that Nimbar is alive also?"

Jynx said:
"We did find some magical robes and a book that they wanted to read, study, figure out what makes them special."

Pondren asks, "Can I look at the book, please?"

Last edited:

MacConnell

Pondren stares at you incredulously, as recognition dawns upon him. "So...is there anything else I should know? If you're the Elven Wizard, am I to assume that Nimbar is alive also?"

Sphynx replies plainly, "
I try to avoid making assumptions. Some things are best left to the histories where they lie."

Nezkrul

First Post
"If your are really curious about Nimbar, you could always ask your Lady of Luck if she knows the truthful answer to that question." Jynx states, casually glancing at Pondren, with a smile.

MacConnell

"If your are really curious about Nimbar, you could always ask your Lady of Luck if she knows the truthful answer to that question." Jynx states, casually glancing at Pondren, with a smile.

"Luck be a lady... for some reason that sounds like a song." Sphynx smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads