• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

( Group 1 ) Return to the Temple.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun's eyes widen visibly at the mention of pursuit. If these are outlaws this might be a chance to assist in your capture. With that idea in his head, he practically overlooks the man's strange request. "Uh, if I may ask, who was it that was in pursuit of you?"

Scurry

First Post
Jessern looks incredulously at the oblivious young man. "The fiends." he says flatly. "The shadowy beasts I just asked you to warn others of."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun looks confused, and sounds it when he resonds. "Wait... Shadowy Fiends? Are you saying that the town is really full of shadowy fiends? Well... That is strange... I suppose it would be best for us to avoid it... What did they look like?" He seems completely serious in his questioning. A curious and thoughtful look on his face as he speaks.

hero4hire

Explorer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Chao's glare turns upon Eric and he draws himself up to his full (if admittedly less than impressive) height as the cleric casts his spell. "Do you doubt my intentions, priest? As an honorable scion of the Shin family, I have half a mind to take offense at such doubt."

[sblock=OOC]
Spellcraft DC 16 to determine spell being cast. Does not detect as evil.

Return to the Temple: Twistedmindinc (1d20+11=30)
[/sblock]

Erik simply shrugged his massive shoulders. His glare was replaced by a look of resignation."I doubt anyone's intentions unless verified by Cuthbert himself. Mine own companions hath been subject to such. If this were a different time and not in an area rife with Spies from an Evil Cult mayhaps I would have time for niceties. Until then, even a Scion of Shin must undergo such scrutiny." He turned to his companions. "The Cudgeler has weighed thier souls and finds no evil amongst them. They seem spirited enough, perhaps we can help eachother." He once again looks upon the newcomers. "Tell me of these shadow-fiends."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Chao raises one eyebrow. "I'm afraid they were shadowy, you see, and the area was swathed in darkness, so we could not discern fine detail. Might I ask in return, in lieu of inspecting your souls, what task it is that you are upon?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Chao raises one eyebrow. "I'm afraid they were shadowy, you see, and the area was swathed in darkness, so we could not discern fine detail. Might I ask in return, in lieu of inspecting your souls, what task it is that you are upon?"

Erik tamed his bushy white mustache as he told the others what he knew."Priests have been spotted in the nearby Moathouse. From thier description I believe them to be worshippers of the Evil Elemental Eye. I believe we have already encountered one of thier spies in Hommlet. Though just how many have are under this dark influence I cannot say. Hence my caution when dealing with strangers."

Borson

First Post
Serin chuckles at Yun's excitement about the dragon, "If there be a dragon, there be treasures." He says this in a way to help peak the interest, sort of sweeten the pot for the others to join them, as they appear to be the sort that knows how to handle themselves in battle.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Chao's gaze turns on the other two newcomers with faint disdain. "If there is danger threatening this town then I shall aid it as my duties demand, you need not attempt to lure me in with tawdry hints of wealth." After this statement, his blank look relaxes somewhat and what might almost be considered a smile brightens his face for a moment. "Which is not, of course, to say that I'd turn down a share of the treasure. You said there might be a dragon, do you know of what color it was?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun thinks for a moment, trying to remember what he was told about the dragon. "It was... Blue, I believe. Yes. That is what we were told about it by the trapper we met. He also said it was the biggest he had ever seen." He smiles slightly at the thought.

Last edited:

Remove ads