• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

( Group 1 ) Return to the Temple.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Serin, Erik, and Yun set out the next day in the misty morning to scout out this infamous moat house. Unfortunately for you three, the remainder of what was to be your party split in the night. Whether it was the disagreement of views, the lack of intrigue, or a bit from column A and B.. you'll never know. All you have to prove of their existence is three nearly identical notes wishing you luck and stating that they will not be accompanying you. Your options? Well, you could've tossed in the towel or perhaps recruited some townies to make the trek with you.. to at least investigate said moat house. But! Instead you opted to take a gander all by your lonesome. A cleric, a monk, and a rogue walk into a moat house? Sounds like something that horrendous bard would've spewed back at the Welcome Wench Inn. After your brief meeting with Ole Del, you're left with a decision. A fork in the road. The one which continues on, heads into Nulb.. and the dirt -- far less travelled road, you'd guess goes to the moat house. Probably the most important thing of interest is the two men making their way down the road towards you, leaving not only dust but Nulb behind them.

Shin Chao and Jessern, you two had been adventuring together for a few months now. Wherever the coin took you; a true mercenaries job, for now. Having just finished up a job, the two of you bid farewells to the last town you aided.. and those you worked with, and headed out in to the country side to see what kind of 'trouble' you could stir up. And boy did you ever! You didn't even have the pleasure of exploring the ruined hamlet you stumbled upon as you were instantly attacked by shadowy figures. An impenetrably darkness that came to life and overwhelmed you before you really even rolled into 'town'. Barely making it out with your lives, the two of you fled down the road in hopes of leaving whatever evil lay back there.. behind you. The pure adrenaline of the near death experience carried you in a full out run for some distance, and slowly your escape's pace lessened as you continued down the road you were travelling.. in hopes of finding a less deadly town to rest. It is now, in the distance, a wagon and three travelers are spotted. They seem to be contemplating the direction they wish to voyage.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun turns to Serin, looking disapointed. "I really did want to challenge Nairb. He seemed like he could have provided a challenge." He looks back at the road, or rather, roads. "This road seems to be less traveled than the other. I guess that would make sense. I think we should leave my wagon hidden somewhere near here and continue on foot."

Borson

First Post
"Meh. Too much talk, not enough action. I've seen his kind before." Serin then tosses his head towards Erik, while looking down the road in front of him, "What you make of those two?" he says, obviously pointing out the two fellows approaching.

OOC: Spot+9

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Whom?" Yun asks before looking in the direction Serin has pointed. "Oh, those two?" He hops down from his wagon as the two stranger approach. Watching them cautiously. "Well, they are not coming from the moat house, so that is a good sign."

Scurry

First Post
Catching view of a more wholesome village to take refuge in had picked up Jessern's pace, but it slows at the sight of the wagon and the motley collection of types upon or about it. Puzzlement and caution pass quickly, though.

"Tidings to you, gentlemen." He calls as he strides forth towards them. "If any of you hail from that inviting hamlet down the way, I have dire news of your neighbors." Coming close enough to see the group's gear, their armor and weapons, prompts a reevaluating glance. No farmers or mere odd travelers these. "And even if not," he adds, "I fear it might nonetheless impact your errand, whatever it may be."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Chao shoots a glance that's more than half glare at his compatriot before turning, his fingers laced together in front of him and addressing the group. "As my loquacious friend has neglected to do so, allow me to introduce myself. I am Chao, of the Shin family, and my companion is known as Jessern Brightshield. Good day to you all."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun glances back at the others. He had hoped that one of them would decide to answer, but apparently not. He speaks in his somewhat ungainly fashion to the two newcomers. "Hello. I am Yun, and this is Erik, and Serin. We are travelling from Homlett, but... I am sorry, but I do not think I should share our business with two men we no nothing about, it is meant to be secretive. We should be on our way, but do you require any assistance?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Dire Lemming said:
Yun glances back at the others. He had hoped that one of them would decide to answer, but apparently not. He speaks in his somewhat ungainly fashion to the two newcomers. "Hello. I am Yun, and this is Erik, and Serin. We are travelling from Homlett, but... I am sorry, but I do not think I should share our business with two men we no nothing about, it is meant to be secretive. We should be on our way, but do you require any assistance?"

Erik scowled at the presence of the newcomers. He had already suspected many spies about and the appearence of the two was all to convenient. Still he reserved his final judgement until he recieved some insight, divine insight.

OOC: Cast Detect Evil

Scurry

First Post
Jessern tugs at his lightning-bolt token nervously under Erik's glare, but says nothing. Yun's cool response, juxtaposed with his consequent unconditioned offer of assistance, provokes a raised eyebrow. Jessern tosses a look over his shoulder, back towards Nulb - the gesture is mostly, well, jest.

"The pursuit seems to have dwindled away completely, so not as immediately as we did some minutes ago," he says with a grin of amusement, mingled with immense satisfaction at still being alive. "But before we leave you to your covert and no doubt meritorious expedition, perhaps I could enlist your aid? If you would be so good, to please inform those who mark your path that the village down the road at our backs is now a hostile nest of shadowy fiends, not to be trifled with or blundered upon lightly." He looks back at Erik as he finishes speaking, apparently interested in the man's response.

[sblock=OOC]Erik: As far as I know, Jessern doesn't ping evil, unless he got some on him in Nulb.
Twisted, can I get an knowledge check on the shadow creatures that attacked us? With Collector of Stories, his modifier is +12 or +10, depending on the actual creature type.[/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Chao's glare turns upon Eric and he draws himself up to his full (if admittedly less than impressive) height as the cleric casts his spell. "Do you doubt my intentions, priest? As an honorable scion of the Shin family, I have half a mind to take offense at such doubt."

[sblock=OOC]
Spellcraft DC 16 to determine spell being cast. Does not detect as evil.

Return to the Temple: Twistedmindinc (1d20+11=30)
[/sblock]

Remove ads