D&D Movie/TV Guess the D&D Movie Opening Weekend Box Office Performance, and Win a Prize!

Zardnaar

Legend
Outside of D&D circles they've had cast on every late night show this week and there are now 107 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes (back up to 91%).

More talking about buzz on social media. I don't think they've done anything to wrong promoting it.

But if it comes in lower than my somewhat low ball guess it's probably a flop.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Yeah, time zones and advanced screenings are difficult to account for, so I'm using my own time zone and the official release date. I'm not sure if that gives anyone an advantage, or how much/little of one, but it's how we're rolling.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Currently HSX has opening weekend slated to be about $36M (and apparently the studio had slated it for $30M domestic, with $36M being an "exceeds expectations") so my guess might be wildly high. But who cares, I am rooting for this movie! John Wick did $73M. I hope it beats that, though I understand the odds would be well against that.

OB1

Jedi Master
Currently HSX has opening weekend slated to be about $36M (and apparently the studio had slated it for $30M domestic, with $36M being an "exceeds expectations") so my guess might be wildly high. But who cares, I am rooting for this movie! John Wick did $73M. I hope it beats that, though I understand the odds would be well against that.
If it can do $36M and beat John Wick this weekend (projected at $30M) the good word of mouth, good reviews and ability to put up ads that it's the #1 movie in America should really help with 2nd week numbers, especially if it can get some family interest over US spring break away from Mario. Still hoping for $50+, but looks like it won't come close to my $78M prediction.

Can't believe I'm going to a D&D big budget film in 3 hours! The hype for me is off the charts!

Zardnaar

Legend
If it can do $36M and beat John Wick this weekend (projected at $30M) the good word of mouth, good reviews and ability to put up ads that it's the #1 movie in America should really help with 2nd week numbers, especially if it can get some family interest over US spring break away from Mario. Still hoping for $50+, but looks like it won't come close to my $78M prediction.

Can't believe I'm going to a D&D big budget film in 3 hours! The hype for me is off the charts!

Think my guess is close to 36 million. Can't remember think I guessed 34 or 35.

Remove ads