Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As a matter of perspective, I bet an Asian gamer girl might actually giggle at a weeb throwing a pokeball at her and shouting “I claim you!”. (That’s nerd-flirting!)

Most, however, would not.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Amazon had to produce a commercial with an "employee" saying she can use the bathroom whenever she wants. I saw it on YouTube recently. I'm trying to find the ad. I think it's funny a company has to address something like this in a national commercial.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I watched as a little frog hopped across the road in front of me, but he couldn't clear the median. He's just bopping a long then SMACK!! Down goes Frasier.

My first thought was he failed his jump check.
Or the duration of his jump potion ended at the wrong time.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
This band is going to be playing at a local venue in May.

I thought about going to see them. I can't buy a single ticket. You buy by the table 2,4, and 8. The 2s are sold out. All tickets are $34.50 + fee + tax. Making them $40+ each. For a table of 4 it would be over $170. I can't afford it, and I doubt I can find 3 people to go.

They're not local but they filmed the video at the Georgia Guidestones. I've heard of it for years. One day I need to make a trip to see it.

Ulfgeir

Hero
This band is going to be playing at a local venue in May.

[/URL]
They are good. Seen some of their other videos.

I just saw act 1 of the opera Siegfried (part 3 of Wagner's Niebelugn ring-epos). The Gothenburg opera had that they would show one part of the epic epos per year, so 2018 I saw the Rheingold, then 2019, was the Valkyrie, and they were supposed to have done Siegfried last year. Due to a pandemic that did not happen. Now they finally showed it online instead, and broke up the premieres for each act of the opera so one per day, and only availible for a short time.

But yes, watching one act at a time at my oen leisure at home is nice. Though you do miss parts of the full experience that would have been to see it live at the opera house. But on the other hand watching an event that is about 4 hours long plus pauses in one sitting can be a bit overwhelming. The full epos takes 15-16 hours to watch.

edit: so now I only have to wait until like december for the final part that makes up the Niebelugn-epos. Hopefully I can see it in person.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
I am beyond pissed at this point - Microsoft won't let me log into my hotmail due to "suspicious activity" but so far they've twice refused to admit that I am who I say I am - seriously, who the frakkity-frack else is going to answer the "name of first pet" question with "Taco"????? (Yes, the conversations about what to have for dinner and what to name the new dog got crossed on the way home from picking him up.)
No, I don't know the exact headers of the last three emails I sent, you ridiculous microcephalics, because I haven't actually sent a personal email in months. Anyone I want to communicate with is either standing next to me at some point over the course of the day or I have their phone number.

Remove ads