D&D 5E Hasbro’s Dungeons & Dragons TV and Movie Strategy

Omand

Hero
Squid games give me hopes for an interesting MouseTrap game show.

Overall, this looks like the shotgun approach - launch enough stuff at the dartboard, and something will be a hit.

I'm extremely disappointed with the recent Snake-eye Origin movie and I don't have a lot of faith that any of it is given much thought to televising these brands other than "Get something on screen!", i.e., it'll be a lot of low budget, poorly acted, half-baked crap that won't make it to a sequel or second season.
Indeed. One can hope that we will get good stories as part of this process. But, there is a great chance that there will simply be a lot of drek put out there.

If it makes money, the drek will continue. If wiser minds prevail, there will be focus on quality to preserve brands and make even more money. But if the money made hits targets set within the corporate environment, then quality may not matter much.

As I said upthread, canon will not be a determining factor on what is created.

Time will tell.

Cheers :)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Australian Survivor is about 10x more enjoyable to watch than US Survivor so that kind of exists too. The first Australian All Stars series is better than some scripted TV in terms of plot and dialogue lol.

….you don’t think reality tv is scripted?

Or, at a minimum, heavily plotted and edited for dramatic purposes?

(As an example, I was approached after buying a house to see if I wanted to appear on one of those home buying shows … so that I could “choose” the house I bought.)

….you don’t think reality tv is scripted?

Or, at a minimum, heavily plotted and edited for dramatic purposes?

(As an example, I was approached after buying a house to see if I wanted to appear on one of those home buying shows … so that I could “choose” the house I bought.)
Yeah I nearly pointed that out lol, either way Australian Survivor gets a lot less tedious and annoying than US Survivor (British Survivor only existed briefly and was awful).

Pretty sure they basically lead people to idols a couple of times at the very least re scripting though sometimes you can lead a man to an idol but he's still to dim to find it!

Mirtek

Hero
Well, I am going on a limb: whatever will come out of that, it just can not be worse than the W40K shows that Games Workshop is putting out for Warhammer+ ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases