• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you broken a heart?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Yes.
I invariably turn into the back-end of a horse or mule when in a relationship. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes over a year.
Not proud of it.
Just saying.

If I avoid the cause, I avoid the result. Not a perfect solution, but it seems to work out better for everyone--especially the women. And since I have no desire to sire offspring, and be jackasses to them, there really is no need.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I think I may have broken my first gf's heart when I broke up with her but I'm not sure. She was ... insane ... and practially heartless. We ended up hating each other and then hooking up again a year or so later - just for funsies. Kinda faded out after that. I don't think I ever really meant as much as she liked to imply.

I know for a fact I broke a heart once. I also got the opportunity to fix it. Funny thing, when I broke hers I broke my own. Never saw that comin'. Now I know better.

Nellisir

Hero
After writing it out, deleted it. Too personal. In short: Yes, two hearts. Broke one to go out with the second; broke the second two years later (just not in love anymore, or enough). Eventually met the first one again; turned into friends (no benefits, just friends); fifteen years later, she's possibly my most trusted friend.

Janx

Hero
Ha!* No, it's just that sometimes one discussion brings up ideas for another topic. I've many times held back starting 5-6 threads in a row from a train of thought spun off from one or another discussion.

* I literally smiled and chuckled at this comment. But saying "Ha!" after that kind of comment sort of sounds like a nervous laugh.

Bullgrit

Some of the wierd threads I start are along that cascade pattern as well. One question leads to other questions.

I don't think it's good to read too much into a person's thread or post as some sort of psychoanalysis of their inner being.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Some of the wierd threads I start are along that cascade pattern as well. One question leads to other questions.

I don't think it's good to read too much into a person's thread or post as some sort of psychoanalysis of their inner being.
And how does that make you feel?

Janx

Hero
And how does that make you feel?

I have no feelings toward my prior statement. (I think I know you were joking).

It can be annoying/offensive if somebody else starts responding like they've sussed out some deep innner trauma or problem the poster is allegedly having.

Generally, I suspect BG and I just post questions like this as unrelated to anything in our own lives, just something we were pondering.

He and I don't collude on any of these questions, in case that's unclear.

Remove ads