• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hellmouth OOC thread

Timothy

First Post
The classic werewolf is good enough. I would to control it eventually though.

The problem with the watcher is that I have to know a lot of meta rules, which I myslef do not know, so I suggest making the watcher an NPC, so you can give us directions through him, but we still have to think of some details (That the watcher doesn't think of himself, but that we have to ask him)

Jarval

Explorer
Just to pitch in my $0.02 on the werewolf issue, I think the Control Shape skill mimics the Buffy TV show quite well. Oz had gained some control over his shapechanging by late season 4.

Jemal

Adventurer
On the Werewolf front... I'ld say Control Shape as a cross-class skill until you've lived as a werewolf for a year, and then it becomes a class skill. Can't be used untrained.
For further details, see the Monstrous Manual (D&D 3e) entry.

Now, As for the watcher.. Yep, I'll have him be an NPC. I'm planning on not having a slayer for this one. The Watcher with you will be assigned to watch for any potentials, but the Slayer is busy in another town (Sunnydale), where the first Hellmouth was. The hellmouth in Brightvale is the second one to open, and it's got the watchers council VERY worried, b/c now there are 2 gates to hell on the earth, and only one has a slayer. This one's been open for about 2 years.

Anybody who wants to know about vampires, etc, well if you have the appropriate Knowledge skills then you can make knowledge checks to know something about them. (I'll automatically make the checks for you whenever they apply and tell you what your characters 'remember' about them).

Timothy

First Post
On the Werewolf front... I'ld say Control Shape as a cross-class skill until you've lived as a werewolf for a year, and then it becomes a class skill. Can't be used untrained.

Okay, let's do it then.

For further details, see the Monstrous Manual (D&D 3e) entry.

Does that mean that I do get the template, I would like so, but it is probably to powerful. Or do you mean that I have to look at it for further details for changing shape?

If I may make a suggestion, make the werewolf a class skill via Savage Species.

Perhaps at the lower levels, instead of granting its huge, monstrous bonuses, only grant like +4 to str and +2 to Dex/Con, etc...

Maybe that might work easily with the rest.

Jemal

Adventurer
char. creation rules for anyone who is making/remaking their charater:
1st level characters, stat point buy with 30 points, starting Wealth 2 (Instead of 2d4), All have the Student Occupation.

Due to the change in the game, none of the PC's will be Slayer or Watcher, so you're all just teenage (14-16 y/o) characters who've all somehow found out about the stranget things going on, and have been recruited by the watcher to help him keep things under control since there's no slayer at this second hellmouth.

Also, I'll be giving the Rogues gallery a bump. If you're re-making your character, delete your old character (Edit it and replace it with the word "DELETED") and then post your new character. If you're just doing a little reworking, just edit the old character.

Sollir - I don't have savage species and I'm not using it anyways, we've decided he doesn't get anything special for being a werewolf (Well, he'll turn into a screaming, homicidal demon 3 days a month until he learns to control it, but we all have bad hair days, eh?).

Also, Timothy, You've only become a werewolf within the last month or so, k?

So, was there anyone besides Timothy and Sollir who'll be creating new characters?

Timothy

First Post
okay, I';m new to werewolving.

I'll have my character up asap, but asap can take a while, because of exams and easter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads