• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Psion

Which is better (see full post)?

• Ghostwise Halfling, Brb 1/Psn 5

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Dwarf, Ftr 1/Psn 5

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (some other race would be better)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Mokona

First Post
I want to use D&D v.3.5 psionics to simulate a character kidnapped and replaced by fey (ie a classical story type changeling). I have two ideas and I wanted to know which one would work better. I'm also looking for advice on some feats and powers to take.

My main psionic power will be summoning Astral Constructs. Flavor-wise the Astral Constructs will be "solid" illusions of fey creatures both real and imagined. At first level the character will be a warrior-type but 2nd level and above will be Psion (Shaper) levels.

Ghostwise Halfling, 1st-Level Barbarian/5th-Level Shaper
Small Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d12+5d4+12 (36 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 22 (+4 chain shirt, +1 dastana, +2 large shield, +4 Dex, +1 size), touch 15, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
Attack:
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Abilities: Psionics, Whirling Frenzy, Ghost Speech
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 15
Skills:
Feats:

Dwarf, 1st-Level Fighter/5th-Level Shaper
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d10+5d4+24 (46 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (+8 full plate, +2 large shield, +1 Dex), touch 11, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+4
Attack:
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Abilities: Psionics
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +6
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 13
Skills:
Feats:

Last edited:

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
For feats I recomend:
Boost Construct
Over Channel
Talented
Psionic Meditation
????

Boost Construct is a most have for Shapers. Overchannel can be nice, allowing you to create higher level constructs sooner. Talented let's you Overchannel without taking damage, and Psionic Meditation let's you get back the fucus you expended using the Talented.

For the final feat there are a lot of good options. I tend to like psicrystals when I play psions. Psionic Body can be generally handy. Skill Focus (Concentration) could also be a good idea.

EDIT: I think either possibly character you mentioned could work. Flavorwise the halfling barbarian stirkes me more changling like then a dwarf fighter, but that's just a gut feeling.

Last edited:

Scion

First Post
why is the dwarf small sized?

Other than that, any chance you can get Nymphs kiss or something similar? (feat from the book of exalted deeds)

Mokona

First Post
Book of Exalted Deeds

Yes, Nymph's Kiss is an option. My party already has a Vow of Poverty Clr 3/Sor 4/Mystic Theurge 1. I'd have to play a really Good-oriented character if I took an exalted feat. Initially I was planning to play up the chaotic side of my alignment more but I'm open to suggestions that include nymph's kiss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads