log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Heroes of Hydellor

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn turned at the new voice and frowned at the commentary. He didn't like the tone of voice. And as the others advanced on the sleepers, he moved to interject himself in the way.

"I'll allow no killing here. These people are our to be kept as prisoners. At least until we have a chance to resolve this situation."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Crimsyn held up her hand as Owyn intervened, and Alet paused his fighters.

“You don’t have authority here, outsider,” Crimsyn pointed out. “This is our village. Food is hard enough to grow here without having to share with those who wish us dead. Or tried to steal it.”

“We at least need to deal with the dead,” Alet pointed out, nodding to the raid leader. Only one bandit remained upright, and sorely wounded, and he dropped his weapons. The remaining raiders were either asleep, or wandering in a daze, and that would be ending soon, and they would return to their senses.

As they confronted each other, a shimmering form rose from the raid leader, taking on the man’s insubstantial form. It looked a little confused, but then turned and faced east, as if hearing something, before it started to “walk” in that direction, much as what had happened when they had killed the kobolds.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14 thp/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Bandit Captain AC 15 0/68 PP 10
Bandit 1 AC 12 10/10 PP 10 Euphoria (6r)
Bandit 2 AC 12 12/12 PP 10 Asleep 4r
Bandit 3 AC 12 2/14 PP 10 SURRENDERED
Bandit 4 AC 12 8/8 PP 10 Asleep 4r
Bandit 5 AC 12 10/10 PP 10 Asleep 4r

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Theremin nods “I will oblige, friends. I was just trying to help you, and stop this war, which is over on the prime material plane. If you allow, I can try with the survivors, but will respect your wishes. We are now brothers in arms after all.”

Seing the ghostly figure, he inquires to Crimsyn and Alet: “what is that?
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Then they can eat what rations I can spare them. That should suffice for at least one day. Take them prisoner and then we can discuss this."

With that, Owyn pulled out hos rope and turned to find the nearest man to tie up. Then he saw the 'spirit' and yelped in surprise. "What is that?"
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
Mindra stood back and watched the situation play out between Owyn and the villagers. Then moved to relieve the sleeping raiders of their weapons, deciding that either way they weren't going to need them. When the ghostly form rose from the raid leader she stood back up in shock.

"I thought the ghostly kobolds was caused by the strange tower we were in, or by the magic released by that strange stone. But it seems to be happening again." Mindra turns to Alet. "Is this normal?"

OOC: I am not sure how many weapons Mindra can grab before the spirit rises, but she will also subtly look for valuables on the raiders as she takes their weapons.
Perception to search radiers (-5 if it should be an Investigate check): 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
Slight of Hand to take anything she finds: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Well dang! Using up some fantastic rolls! I was ready to use the inspiration that Theremin had given her, but doesn't look like it was needed.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

[OOC=Mindra]Searching bodies is Investigation, but I’m going to give you something for that natural 20 :)[/OOC]

Mindra doesn’t find too much on the bodies that are valuable, but she does find a potion of healing in the raid leader’s belt pouch.

The villagers and Owyn finish tying up the unconscious or befuddled prisoners, who all eventually awaken to find themselves captive. They struggled slightly, but the fight seemed to have gone out of them.

The party is surprised and frightened a bit by the spirit. It doesn’t seem to pay them any mind as it just continues to walk east, disappearing into the gloom and rain.

Alet nodded to Mindra’s question, then he brought his serrated greatsword down on the raid leader’s neck and messily sawed off his head. None of the villagers -- or even the captives -- seemed to flinch.

“This is the land of the dead, my child,” came the aged voice of Salor Dawnwhisper to Mindra’s question. He still seemed strong enough to walk, and he carried a bow, so he must still be able to use it. “Where the spirits go after the death of Paladine, I do not know,” he admitted. “But they go east. Always east. They leave their bodies behind, and if you are not careful, they may rise again.”

The old elf turned his aged eyes to Theremin. “You think you can stop this war?” he asked the half-elf bard. “The fighting is old and deep, and the young long for the rush of battle,” he pointed out, looking at Crimsyn and Alet. “It lets them know they are still alive.”

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14 thp/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Coriana dismisses her greatsword, watching the spirits move east. Speaking for the first time since the nature of their journey in the tower was revealed. "Bloody hell! Who cares about settling pointless conflicts, we have to find our way home!"
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
The old elf turned his aged eyes to Theremin. “You think you can stop this war?” he asked the half-elf bard. “The fighting is old and deep, and the young long for the rush of battle,” he pointed out, looking at Crimsyn and Alet. “It lets them know they are still alive.”

I do not know if I can stop it here, but it is indeed over. So why keep fighting?” Theremin then looks at the comeliest maiden he can see smiles at her, and adds in jest “as for the young, well, there are much more pleasant ways to feel alive! And if we manage to figure out how to operate the portal back to the prime plane, we can even bring those with wanderlust with us.”
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Crimsyn returned Theremin’s smile. “We know all about the ways to feel alive,” she said. “You sure you can handle them?” she asked with a smirk.

“What do you need to end this war?” Salor Dawnwhisper asked. “If the war is truly over as you say, you are right. It is pointless. We would do better to work together to survive here. Or get home, if it is possible. We could not find a way to work the portal again. Caravan said he lost the key in the fighting.”

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Crimsyn returned Theremin’s smile. “We know all about the ways to feel alive,” she said. “You sure you can handle them?” she asked with a smirk.

“What do you need to end this war?” Salor Dawnwhisper asked. “If the war is truly over as you say, you are right. It is pointless. We would do better to work together to survive here. Or get home, if it is possible. We could not find a way to work the portal again. Caravan said he lost the key in the fighting.”

Oh my, I may not want to head back home after all!” Theremin says to Crimsyn with an earnest and suggestive smile.

Talking to Salor Dawnwhisper, Theremin says “If we are to figure out how to operate the portal, I think we need to broker a truce with your adversaries first. This will allow us to operate without being attacked, and who knows, they may be aware where the key is. Do you know who their leaders are and do you have a way of communicating with them?

he turns to his companions: “friends, are you with me? We can start by by bringing back the prisoners as a gesture of goodwill, what say you?
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn listened to the discussion curiously as he checked the bonds of the prisoners, both for secureness and to ensure that they weren't dangerously tight. He was loosening the bind8ng of one man whose hands had started to turn purple when Theramin aked his question.

He paused momentarily, looking uncomfortably at the headless corpse. "It might be best to leave most of them here for now, in case it doesn't go well. But we can bring one of them with us to act as a witness to our actions and this conversation."
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"I believe Owyn makes a lot of sense. One prisoner is easier to handle, and we can offer the others if they agree to talk. If things turn sour, some hostages would be valuable bargaining chips."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

“Oh my, I may not want to head back home after all!” Theremin says to Crimsyn with an earnest and suggestive smile.

“Oh, maybe you’ll get a chance to experience it,” Crimsyn said with a chuckle. She tightened the cilice on her arm, pressing the sharp spikes deeper into her flesh.

As Owyn loosened one too tight binding on one of the prisoners, the man hissed as his hand painfully tingled with the return of feeling, though he smiled, seeming pleased with the pain.

“Do you know who their leaders are and do you have a way of communicating with them?” Theremin asked.

Salor considered. “The leader of the imperial forces was a dwarf named Ulfgar Balderk,” he said. “I do not know if this land has claimed him. We have had no real contact besides raiding each other,” Salor admitted. “I will give you a flag of truce, however.”

“If he honors it,”
Alet muttered, cleaning his serrated blade after cutting off the raid leader’s head.

“Alet and I will lead you to their village,” Crimsyn offered. “If we do not take more warriors, hopefully they will know the flag is true.”

Alet looked skeptical.

“Ulgar was an honorable dwarf,” Salor said. “We may have been on different sides of the war, but he kept to his paladin vows despite the death of Paladine, unlike many during the war. We can supply whatever you need for the journey.”

“Their village is about ten hours away, by foot or by river. On foot will go around the forest. The forest is dangerous. But if we wanted to carry more supplies, peace offerings, or prisoners, the boat would be better,”
Crimsyn said.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 


Steve Gorak

Explorer
“Say we rest for the day, and let tempers cool down. They focused the attack on the pens, so hunger may be a problem. Perhaps a gesture of goodwill will be welcome.”

Theremin heads to one of the prisoners. “Can you tell me what you were after? Surely from what you see it’s obvious that we want peace”

OOC: persuasion roll 23, second roll of advantage 11 (toad the first one was good ;-)
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Essen Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

The prisoner glared sullenly at Theremin, but he answered. “Rothe, pigs, goats, whatever we could get,” he said. “Bloody Essens.” He spat at Salor, though the old elf was too far away to reach.

That didn’t stop Crimsyn from backhanding the prisoner, though. “Watch your mouth, Imp!”

The prisoners were moved further into the village and placed under guard in a pit covered over with a lid, left with food, water, and an empty bucket. The villagers went about their normal daily routines, some fixing the fences of the pens, leaving the adventurers to their own devices.

OOC: Everyone make a Wisdom saving throw. Then let me know how you wish to go to the other village, and who/what you are bringing and when you wish to leave.


@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn frowned again, looking after the headless corpse of the leader. Even the prisoners were acting quite strangely to him.

"I'm beginning to wonder what has befallen these people here. To die willingly, even happily, over a bit of livestock?"

"I can be ready to continue on with just an hours rest. I leave the rest to you all, though I would prefer to leave this place as soon as possible."


Wiis Save: 1d20+2 11
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer


agreed, let us leave after we rest a bit and prepare. I say we go by boat, to be visible and clear in our approach, and to bring some provisions as a sign of goodwill

Theremin will play and sing an inspiring tune as the group rests. He’ll also gather as much livestock and provisions as Salor permits.

OOC: use of inspiring leader during the short rest: +8 temp hp to all
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Essen Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ???? (roughly noon; hard to tell time here)
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

While the party took a short break to bandage wounds and eat something, Theremin revived their spirits with a little song. The villagers locked away the prisoners, and then prepared a riverboat with some peace offerings of food, loading one prisoner into the boat.

Alet Caravon and Crimsyn Ledet were waiting with the boat when the party was ready. Crymsyn was in studded leather armor with her spiked chain wrapped around her. Her scarlet hair was up in braids. Alet wore chainmail, his serrated greatsword strapped to his back.

“Going through the Bone Forest is dangerous, so keep alert,”Crimsyn said.

Beturea eyed the forest north of town with trepidation. “Bone Forest?”

“It’s what we call it on this side,”
Alet said, helping her into the boat.

Sayine whimpered a bit, curling around Theremin’s shoulders.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31+8 thp/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+8 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+8 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14+8 thp/16 PP 12
Alet Caravon (+0) AC 16 24/24 PP 10 Darkvision
Crimsyn Ledet (+3) AC 15 22/22 PP 11 Darkvision

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top