D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"That seems fair enough," Mindra says as she takes her share and hands over the necklace. "See you all at the festival!"

Mindra leaves her pack in the inn (assuming she can get a room?) and heads out to do her shopping. Once she finishes she heads to the dance.

OOC: Mindra will dance with just about anyone, as long as they are friendly and having a good time. Along with her pack she will leave her rapier and shortbow behind, but will have a dagger on her side. And three others secreted about her person. Oh, and her lockpicks of course. :)

Oh, how much for the dress?

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
The back of Liam’s eyes hurt. They’d hurt for a while, now, but the pain was becoming unbearable. All he wanted to do was go find a room at the inn and sleep. But he did feel drawn towards the table for the Church of Paladin, with Coriana.

OOC: I’d like to have him go find a room and RP his getting his Tome, but I’d like to find out what the deal is with the intentions before doing that, in case I can use that more.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp
1 Moon/5:03 PM
Weather: 70 F; Light wind
Round 0

Prelate Edyna Tinroth looked up at Coriana with a bit of surprise. Then she looked closer, eyes narrowing slightly. “Ah, you are from Helveki?” she asked. “I do suppose you do it differently there,” she mused. “I don’t know much about the foul rites of the Asmodeans.” She spat to the side a bit.

“It is the New Moon,” she explained as Liam joined Coriana. “A new month. An opportune time for new beginnings, for starting things, or beginning a journey. We write down something we want to do this month and ask for Paladine’s blessing on it. Then we wrap it around the incense and throw it in the fire during the moon circle. Some believe you shouldn’t tell anyone your intention or it won’t come true, but that is just superstition.”

The old woman smiled and offered Coriana the pencil and paper again. “If you care to participate.”

As the festivities got into full swing, Mindra had a grand old time, dancing with several young men, some of whom occasionally made passes at the beautiful, dark haired elf. At one point she spun out from her current partner and found herself landing in the arms of a lithe, graceful half elf woman. Her brown hair was cut short, though it was styled to frame her face. Her green eyes looked deeply into Mindra’s own green eyes, though she stood a good few inches taller than Mindra. Her skin had a healthy olive tone, marking her heritage as more Helveki, though in Essess the extremes of Arideen and Helveki coloration were very mixed. There were multiple piercings in her slightly pointed ears, including a gold chain on the left one that stretched from lobe to pointed tip. Given her mixed heritage, it was hard to tell her age, though if her elven blood was good, she was likely older than she appeared.

At first Mindra didn’t recognize the sergeant in charge of the local People’s Army garrison. She had obviously changed out of her armor from before and now wore a flattering, if simple, dress, cut a bit low to emphasize a more feminine figure than any armor could.

Alene Belyr gave Mindra a bit of a shy smile. “You seem to be popular tonight,” she said. Her voice was a bit lower in the alto range. Her arms were still around the petite elven rogue, making sure Mindra had her footing in the grass before releasing her. “I don’t suppose I could steal a dance. Unless it would take you from your beaux.” She glanced around. Alene clearly felt awkward in a more civilian, less formal setting, and that shy, pretty smile appeared again, her eyes meeting Mindra’s and then moving away again with a bit of embarrassment.

OOC: Mindra and Liam could get a room at the inn. 7 cp to sleep in the stable; 1 sp for a place on the floor in the common room (no privacy or place to store your pack safely); 5 sp for a modest room with 2 beds; 8 sp for a comfortable room to yourself. 5 gp for the nice dress.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16S74xUTdEk9Dk91CPQ1ebvU7SZ-vWtuY
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 15/15 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Liam, Theremin (Sayine), Coriana
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
Genealogical documents of Irene’s heritage (Theremin?)
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra was a bit surprised at first, but it wasn't the first time she found herself drawing the attention of another woman. For a moment her thoughts went back to her friend Lia, and feelings of guilt and regret flashed through her. Quickly shaking it off, she smiled at Alene and gave a small laugh.

"You can't take from them what was never theirs to begin with," Mindra's smile widened. "Plus some of them need to learn not to make assumptions." Dropping a curtsy Mindra offers her hand to Alene. "I would love to dance with you."

OOC: Mindra will let Alene lead while dancing and is happy to dance with her as long as she wishes. If she learns about the tradition of writing down an Intention she would be interested to do so herself and will drag Alene with her to the Dawn Church. Unless she has a strong preference otherwise. Mindra isn't one to force people to do anything.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"No, Thank you. While I don't follow your ways, I certainly don't follow the Asmodeans, either. I'm too much a free spirit to tie down my intention for tomorrow, let alone a month. Thanks for the explanation though." She leaves the table, searching around for something to do.

Cori will seek out food and strong drink, if it's available. Afterwards, she stares at the dancers with a bemused smile and sees if any man or woman strikes her fancy. She finds Alene appealling from a distance, but will respect Mindra's claim. Cori supposes this may be a crew until we understand what brought us together, and a crew doesn't horn in in territory.

Coriana will dance briefly, but will excuse herself quickly as she'd like to procure a room for the night, preferably a private one.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp
1 Moon/5:04 PM
Weather: 70 F; Light wind
Round 0

Alene’s smile was genuine as it lit the half-elf’s face, as if she was not sure Mindra would accept a woman’s invitation. She took Mindra’s hand and pulled her close, her arm slipping around Mindra’s trim waist before stepping off into the dance, gazing down at the shorter elf. The sergeant proved to be a lithe and graceful dancer. She naturally took the lead, apparently being in command came naturally to her after however many years she spent in the People’s Army.

“You dance well,” Alene complimented Mindra with another blushing smile. “I want to thank you. It is...difficult to let my hair down, as it were, among the people one grew up with, and who look to you for protection. I want to thank you and your companions for the help you gave with the goblins, and for retrieving Irene.”

Alene turned Mindra a bit with a flourish, catching her again against her lithe, leanly muscled body. While she was more noticeably muscled than a full-blooded elf like Mindra, she was definitely leaner and lighter than the humans around them. “Have you done your intention for the moon circle yet?”

Edyna gave Coriana an appraising stare after her response and waggled a bony finger at her. “Well, good. Stay clear of those Asmodean heretics!”

There was plenty of food for Coriana to find. Everyone seemed to have brought something to the feast. Townsfolk brought out boar and deer and chickens as they were ready. Pies and other desserts abounded. There were plenty of large kegs of ale provided by the Sawtooth Inn, as well. And someone had definitely spiked the punch with something stronger, though no one seemed to mind. The revelry continued.

“Excuse me.” The speaker was a young man in his twenties with blond hair and green eyes, handsome, but a bit on the thin side. “I’m Anders,” he introduced himself. “And Irene said I am to assure you have a good time on pain of me experiencing great pain,” he said with a light laugh. “Would you care to dance? It’s Coriana, right?”

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam stepped up to the Paladin table, using his walking stick to help as he had the cloth around his eyes. He could see fine, but nobody else needed to know that. Though, his headache as getting worse...

“I’ll write something down,” he said to the old woman.

He held out his hand, and the woman placed the pencil and paper in them. He scribbled something in Celestial, his script long and flowing, and amounted to a simple phrase: Find Paladin.

He handed the folded paper to the woman, allowing her to do with it as she would.

Liam turned back to the dancing, enduring the headache to watch for a few moments. He saw Mindra laughing as she danced with many of the boys in town. He raised an eyebrow when Alene asked her to dance, but other than that he paid little heed.

He saw the young man ask Coriana to dance. Seemed everyone was making merry today.

He stood there for a while, tapping his walking stick to the beat of the music, looking for an opening to head to his private room at the inn.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Sure, Blondie, I'll dance with you," Cori says, throwing herself into the music. She takes a dance or two, but decides to retire early, taking a room to herself if there is one available.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredpm
1 Moon/8:00 PM
Weather: 67 F; Light wind
Round 0

Edyna smiled and rolled the paper around a small cylinder of incenses, securing it with a bit of tree sap from the bowl, and then pressed it back into Liam’s hand. “Throw it into the fire tonight at the moon circle and ask for Paladine’s blessing on your efforts this month, young man,” she said. “And thank you for everything you have done for Bredon, and Irene.”

As Liam stood watching the dancing, a young woman approached him. “Good evening,” she said. He recognized the voice as Sister Taicha Lejoti, the leader of the local Dawn Church across the green from the Paladine Church. “I brought you some punch, if you would like some,” the young woman said. “It’s Liam, right? You were very brave to go after those goblins like that.” She smiled and pushed a bit of her brown hair behind her ear. She had small dice as earrings. “Have you eaten? I can put a plate together for you. Or anything else you need assistance with.”

Coriana has no trouble getting herself one of the private rooms at the inn. It’s a bit hard to sleep, though, with the party going on outside in the green.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Ever since she talked to the old woman about intentions and belief, Coriana has had a pressure in her head, a feeling like drowning. She ensconces herself in a private room, and sits crosslegged on the floor, eyes closed, rapier and arcane rod out.

She could feel the Lord of the Deep pulling her to him. His voice, deep and sonorous, echoed in her mind. "I grant you a new gift, my human blade. You need a weapon worthy of my service. Behold Wavecaller!" She opens her eyes and her weapon and arcane focus are glowing with a sickly green energy. She touches the two objects together and there is a tremendous flash of light!

Her eyes adjust to the dim light in the room... Cori has lost the guidance of seeing in darkness, but in it's place, a greater bond and a new weapon. A long wickedly curved saber, its hilt and crossbar seemingly formed from coral, the weapon was heavier than she was used to, but she could already tell her bond with it would prove deadly to her foes.

With her business attended to Coriana returns to the party, losing herself in dance and wild abandon.

Remove ads