D&D General Hey, are we all cool with having to buy the same book twice, or what?

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Nathan Stewart has said that they don't do PDFs for their main products because they want something more convenient for newer players.

Sure. I also have a bridge for sale if you're interested.

The only reason they don't also offer PDFs normally is because of the licensing agreements they signed.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sure. I also have a bridge for sale if you're interested.

The only reason they don't also offer PDFs normally is because of the licensing agreements they signed.

Oh, you are privy to their contracts...? They don't seem to have any exclusivity, working with multiple companies and formats.

They just don't want to sell PDFs, and there is nothing anti-consumer about that.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Oh, you are privy to their contracts...? They don't seem to have any exclusivity, working with multiple companies and formats.

They just don't want to sell PDFs, and there is nothing anti-consumer about that.

I'm not. It's the only real conclusion to draw. It's strange how they sell PDFs of their older editions for which there is no DDB or VTT integration. Easily accessible official PDFs would make those services less appealing.

But sure, go ahead and take the word of a corporation (Hasbro market capitalization of over 9 billion ) that they are looking out for our collective best interest.

I'm not. It's the only real conclusion to draw. It's strange how they sell PDFs of their older editions for which there is no DDB or VTT integration. Easily accessible official PDFs would make those services less appealing.

But sure, go ahead and take the word from a corporation (Hasbro market capitalization of over 9 billion ) that they are looking out for our collective best interest.
I mean, if I shouldn't take their word for it, why should I take your word for it?

What's your agenda, huh? Wanting to have free access to other peoples work?

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
He's "looking out for us" is my guess.

Because we aren't smart enough to make decisions by ourselves, apparently.

That's exactly what I'm doing, how'd you know! ;)

Nobody is stopping you from using DDB. Not even saying it's not a worthwhile enterprise. But pretending that not having normal PDFs available isn't intrinsically tied to DDB or those other VTT licensees is obtuse.

Also, not asking for anything for free. I simply pointed out that other publishers go so far as to provide the PDFs for free with a purchase (you know, that thing that is opposite of free) as a courtesy. At the very least they allow you to buy one. I'd settle for that.

If this was about having the PDFs for free, I could have them all on my computer right now, in the time it took me to write this.

Remove ads