Hitman style game idea

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, that sounds pretty good. It'll also allow for one hit kills with a dagger without silly amounts of modifiers.

How would you deal with a fiber wire type weapon?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dire Lemming said:
So is this an "Evil" Empire?
Well it is sort of "Evil" Empire. Depends on the way of looking at things. Those on the alliance would call them Evil and Tyrannical, but they call themself Orderly and Working for the Best of Everyone. It's sort of like police-state. The crimerates are low because the penalty for even smallest crime is death. There are no individual freedom, everyone works for the good of the society. Etc. You get the point. The alliance view them as opressing tyrannical society, they view the alliance as barbarians who need to be civilized :lol: . So since the CS itself is from the alliance point of view, it is an evil empire.

Blackrat

I'll get you couple of maps tomorrow. If you are interested in how this CS was built it started from very small. I started from a single inn in the middle of wilderness and just worked outwards.

Blackrat

Okay. I'll start describing the most defining differences from core.

Shorties: There is only one common small race. I envisioned them as very much like Hobbits. It is up to you if you like halflings or gnomes more to present them mechanically. Personally I used gnomes. The name of the race is taken straight from finnish mythology and is "maahinen", which incidentally translates as gnome or goblin. Don't use goblin though since they are a distinctive race. There is another small race who are called either elflings or fay. They had a continent spanning magical empire few millenia ago but it fell in a civil war and they never recovered. They are very rare though and perhaps best represented by Pixie's.

Trolls: Trolls are very different from core. They are also more in tune with finnish myths and therefore they range from small to large. They can also be considered civilized to a degree. They also turn to stone in daylight but when night falls they turn back. The most strong willed trolls can fight the stoning effect and only become slowed for the daytime. Trolls live in a northern land beyond a small sea from the alliance.

Hobgoblins: Hobgoblins are a common race in the alliance. Same as core but are usually Lawful Neutral rather than LE. They replace Half-orcs who are not a common race because orcs live quite a long way from the lands.

Goblins: Goblins are not rare in the alliance lands but they are not too numerous either. Most of them are like those in the core but some clans are even known for their honour or compassion.

Religion:
There are three main deities in the pantheon, they are considered siblings along with the god of the Empire, "Bahos".

Skaia: The Goddess of Winter and Love.
Aur: The God of Sun and Merchants.
The Warrior: God of War.

Bahos: The Evil God. (In the empire he is worshipped as God of Order). Bahos's worship is illegal in the Alliance. He represents everything that is evil, wrong, etc. "Be good or the Dark Knights of Bahos will take you away." ;)

Beyond these there are dozens of smaller deities holding portfolios over different aspects of life/world. I have somewhere few of them but you can just pick them from FRCS if you want.

The racial deities are derived from FRCS and MM

(On a side note. Skaia is an anagram from the name of my GF :D, Yeah I was a teenager when I started writing this setting and it just stuck when my friends insisted that it was super-cool name before they realized that it was supposed to be a placeholder)

Blackrat

Hmm. I think I'll just type it all to a RTF and attach it to here, but those are the most notable differences. Except ofcourse the lack of mages. Those manifesting magic are always feared and even persecuted in certain areas.

Blackrat

Wow, I forgot I promised you a map. This one lacks a few things still but is the most complete of my creations.

Edit: Updated the map

Attachments

• ar3.JPG
    ar3.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:

Remove ads