D&D Movie/TV Honor Among Thieves Getting China release and Chinese Movie Poster

NotAYakk

Legend
I mean, why would you have to clump China and Japan into one sourcebook?

A Japan-mythology based sourcebook, and a Chinese-mythology based sourcebook, would probably both have sufficient audience.

I hope be not unpolite if I say I learnt to respect Chinese culture thanks the teleserie "Kung Fu" played by David Garradine. The "sequel" in the modern days became one of the best examples of "jumping the shark" to be avoided.

I wonder about the shens as PC race specie in 5d. About the lore they were wuxia-version elves, too linked to natural zones, and the racial traits weren't so useful.

Other point is as would be a PC specie based in Korean folklore.

aco175

Legend
I hope the movie does well overall and in all the foreign markets, but I know everyone looks to China for their approval.

NotAYakk

Legend
Also, 25% of 100s of millions is still lots of money.

The studios care about the (real) bottom line. If success in China is a mere 10% boost to box office revenue, that can easily turn films that lose money into films that make money.

Also, 25% of 100s of millions is still lots of money.

The studios care about the (real) bottom line. If success in China is a mere 10% boost to box office revenue, that can easily turn films that lose money into films that make money.

Like I though the box office numbers influence other consumers and even investors so the raw numbers do matter and well interms of marketing.

Remove ads