How much Gonzo do you like in your D&D? THE POLL!

How do you like your D&D?

• I like my D&D GONZO. D&D should be like Outback Steakhouse; no rules, just right.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I like my D&D STANDARD. When people say YA BASIC, that should be a compliment.

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!

Votes: 20 24.7%

• Poll closed .

JeffB

Legend
Special Snowflake answer-

Blackmoor Gonzo? Sure
Barrier Peaks? Sure.
EPT? Sure
Starport? (13A)? Sure,

Arduin? Much of it is pushing too far for my tastes. Which has always made it a Love/Hate affair for me.

I think encountering the Gonzo in the typical D&D world as unique/isolated/rare thing is fine/fun/a change of pace and I use it as a DM.

When the Gonzo becomes the norm of the D&D world , Like say Technos and other elements in Arduin or Eberron's magical tech, or even Planescape- then I'm not a fan. I'd just rather run something like RIFTS.

dave2008

Legend
INSTRUCTIONS

Please try to answer in either Gonzo or Standard.

For purposes of this poll:
1. Consider GONZO to be anything beyond the normal D&D fantasy tropes (however you construe them). Maybe planar adventures to Boot Hill and Gamma World (for you old school people). Maybe a little sci-fi mixed in. Maybe you bend the rules until the break. Feel free to explain what GONZO means to you, even if it's just an annoying blue muppet.

2. Consider STANDARD to be any regular D&D campaign, including published campaigns (such as Eberron) or homebrew campaigns than almost entirely rely on high fantasy, swords & sorcery, or other standard fantasy tropes. This can also include spelljammer and planescape.

Let the inaccurate polling based on a biased sample size begin!

Hmm, I should have read the instructions first! :cautious: I should have voted for Standard I guess. However,...

1. What I typically play would be defined as "Standard"
  2. However, what I want to play would be "Gonzo"
Maybe the third option was the correct choice afterall.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I enjoy doing both at different times.

Gonzo can be fun, but I like to "cleanse my palette" with some vanilla standard fairly often.

Remove ads