D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
If the movie was based on CritRoll he would make a fantastic Trent Ikithon.
Even if there is zero Critical Roll connection, a villain like Trent Ikithon is very much someone I could see Hugh Grant doing and doing splendidly.

I so badly want to see Trent die horrifically I hate that guy.

Everyone expecting the D&D Movie being made to be Serious Business D&D are going to be very disappointed it is not Serious Business D&D. There is still very wide genre options for a great movie movie that is clearly D&D.

I can see a movie about a group of friends who gather to play the game where we see the characters in the real world, then it flashes into the world of the characters played by the same actors. With occasional shenanigans and moments the world of the characters stops while real world table discussions happen, or voice overlays from the table while the game characters are doing their thing. I see tons of opportunity and a chance such a movie would be a blast to watch, and be a movie franchise. And Hugh Grant being a villain would work.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Honestly I dont think I've seen anything hes been in. As a few above have mentioned this seems to be getting worse by the day.
How the heck have you gone through life not ever seeing a Huge Grant movie? Come on man, this isn't some small time actor he's been a fixture since the 1980s! 30 movies, $3 Billion worldwide box office, major actor. Love Actually? Four Weddings and a Funeral? Notting Hill? About a Boy? Sense and Sensibility? Bridget Jones's Diary?

HJFudge

Explorer
I can see a movie about a group of friends who gather to play the game where we see the characters in the real world, then it flashes into the world of the characters played by the same actors. With occasional shenanigans and moments the world of the characters stops while real world table discussions happen, or voice overlays from the table while the game characters are doing their thing. I see tons of opportunity and a chance such a movie would be a blast to watch, and be a movie franchise. And Hugh Grant being a villain would work.

In this case I'd want Hugh Grant to be the Dungeon Master...which is the true villain of many a D&D game :D

But yes, I think that this set up would make the most interesting movie and probably the most well done. IMHO of course.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Even if there is zero Critical Roll connection, a villain like Trent Ikithon is very much someone I could see Hugh Grant doing and doing splendidly.

I so badly want to see Trent die horrifically I hate that guy.

Everyone expecting the D&D Movie being made to be Serious Business D&D are going to be very disappointed it is not Serious Business D&D. There is still very wide genre options for a great movie movie that is clearly D&D.

Right. A little like how Princess Bride cuts to Grampa Columbo reading the book to Fred. It could be done.

Sacrosanct

Legend
They're certainly not going for a LOTR vibe, that's for sure. Strikes me as a tongue-in-cheek production. I'm not enthused.

Based on actor selection? Was LoTR full of better known/bigger actors when it was filmed? Actors you recognized sure, but no one was really A list back then. Not even Christopher Lee, Ian McCellen, Sean Bean, or others. None of them were really doing anything A list prior to 2000.

R_J_K75

Legend
How the heck have you gone through life not ever seeing a Huge Grant movie? Come on man, this isn't some small time actor he's been a fixture since the 1980s! 30 movies, $3 Billion worldwide box office, MAJOR actor. Love Actually? Four Weddings and a Funeral? Notting Hill?
I recognize the name and know who he is but I looked on IMDB when I saw this thread and as far as I can remember I never saw any movie hes been in.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I recognize the name and know who he is but I looked on IMDB when I saw this thread and as far as I can remember I never saw any movie hes been in.
I swear "Love Actually" is on repeat around Christmas time on TV/Cable almost as often as "A Christmas Story". Some people love that movie (I do) and some people loathe it, but it's one of those movies you should see once just to be able to say you've seen it :)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases