D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Here's where I'm coming from btw. New Zealand perspective. How big the star is mostly means how much security they have. They film stuff here a bit eg LotR.

Star
They might be on british TV, an NZ actor eg Lucy Lawless or or Temuiera Morrison or the cast of LotR. Sometimes you met them walking down the street, in a restaurant on the beach ec. They often have no security. There's photos of the LotR cast hanging out with the locals. It's fairly safe here no paparazzi. No security or very little.

Major star.
Probably won't see them on the street or local restaurant or whatever. If you do they have minders and/or a bodyguard. From personal experience if you get sent near them as part of your job there's security checks and you need to be cleared by a supervisor or something. They will ring their boss or your boss. If you meet the star or are near them don't pester them. Be polite if spoken to. Eg Prime Minister of NZ, Gweneth Paltrow dined at a village restaurant, backstage at a concert.

A lister/Major international type.

You might know where they stay, odds are you won't stumble into them in the street (it's possible though). If you do they have multiple layers of security. They've probably booked out a whole resort, floor, or hotel. If you get sent there as part of a job you probably need photo id to get in and/or they know your coming at a specific time and you've been issued with a pass.

Examples. Elton John, Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise.

Zard's unofficial A lister guide;). Can you met them in the street?

I don't get the negativity. Hugh Grant has been in a lot more movies since the early 90's. He's a good actor. Perfect for a villain.

I know D&D movies have a bad track record, but if this movie is another stinker, it won't be because of him. It all comes down to the script and direction.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't get the negativity. Hugh Grant has been in a lot more movies since the early 90's. He's a good actor. Perfect for a villain.

I know D&D movies have a bad track record, but if this movie is another stinker, it won't be because of him. It all comes down to the script and direction.

He's in rom coms and arty farty type films not generally action/sci fi etc.

Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, D&D huh?

Also famous for hiring prostitutes.

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
He's in rom coms and arty farty type films not generally action/sci fi etc.

Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, D&D huh?

Also famous for hiring prostitutes.
This reminds me so much of the "goatf***er" joke.

The gist of which is that an old guy in the pub is referred by every local who comes into the pub as "goatf***er". When asked why, he explains that over his long life he's done every one of them these amazing favours and has basically saved their lives, careers etc. multiple times over...

"... but you f*** one goat!"...

Remove ads

Remove ads