D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'm 40+ year Raider fan ... oh dont worry I am tired of it there as well. Everything sucks since the 70s and early 80s. Sound familar?
I am a Los Angeles Clippers fan. Everything has always sucked. Since the team was founded. Our fans literally have PTSD from so many years of disappointment and heart break that it's a legit defense mechanism to rip down anyone expressing positive views about the team. Even when the team wins, they didn't win the "right" away and by "enough" points and we should just fire every player and every member of the coaching and GM staff and start over!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
In a world in which Arnold Schwartzenegger can star in successful fantasy films, blockbuster action movies, and popular family-friendly comedies, everything is possible. ;)

Arilyn

Hero
The guys they got to write it have a solid track record, which while not dispositive, isn't nothing.

And as someone else mentioned above, the studio loves the script and is fast tracking it. Which again, isn't everything - but it's not a bad sign.
Yes, there could be signs of hope. If the script doesn't get torn apart by executives. Oh, I'm in a pessimistic mood today. 😁

R_J_K75

Legend
Actors train to play any part (and usually song and dance as well - basically everything covered by the D&D performance skill). But people don't see most of what they do, because it mostly happens in the theatre.
Not necessarily true, there are many actors that are not formally trained.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My whole concern was that hugh grant was typically cast in romance and drama movies. I'm concerned that he may not portray a successful villain.
He’s already done it. Your comment is ignorant. 🤷‍♂️
Did anybody say Hugh Grant was a bad actor? NO
Did anybody say anything negative about him whatsoever? NO

Apparently some people need to put their personal feelings aside and let people have an open and fair discussion about this without having thier personal feelings for Mr. Grant get in the way.
Lol no one is emotionally defensive of Hugh Grant, bud. We just think your comment was absurd and ignorant.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I have no confidence in this movie. Casting Hugh Grant says to me the person the studio really wanted didnt want the part. There I said it. Maybe...John Gielgud wouldve made a good villain, but you know the whole being dead thing kinda puts a damper on that. As @Mort said this argument isnt even worth having.
Being dead didn't stop Sir Laurence Olivier from appearing in Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow.

Don't forget his Hamlet!

In all seriousness, I would point out his grieving, understated performance in Maggie, a better movie than it should be by rights.

In a world in which Arnold Schwartzenegger can star in successful fantasy films, blockbuster action movies, and popular family-friendly comedies, everything is possible. ;)

Back to the subject at hand. in theory, the new D&D movie could come in on a new wave of interest in fantasy, with both The Wheel of Time and Amazon's Lord of the Rings series premiering the year before, House of the Dragon the same year as (assuming the release dates hold for any of them).

Remove ads

Remove ads