D&D General "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Greyhawk." (a poll)

True or False: "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Greyhawk."

• True.

Votes: 143 65.9%
  • False.

Votes: 74 34.1%

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I started 1e with Greyhawk, transitioning to the Forgotten Realms when it came out. I ran multiple campaigns there. Then in the early 2000's a DM I played with loved and ran Greyhawk. I played in probably a 4-5 campaigns with him.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Played in a short 5E campaign probably 5 years ago involving Hepmonaland and the Scarlet Brotherhood. Ran the barest of campaigns in the 3E era in Yeomanry.

Was never a big fan of Greyhawk to be honest. Mainly their naming conventions didn't do anything for me. That's one thing I give Greenwood a lot of credit for, he had a really good ear for quality names (both people and locations).

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm not sure if I'd even really heard of greyhawk before 3rd edition when it became the default setting. Probably some comments in other 2e material that mentioned it but I had no idea what the setting was like.

Shiroiken

Legend
The first campaign I played in was Greyhawk. The only setting I ever used throughout all of 1E was Greyhawk. I had affairs with other settings during 2E's product orgy. I went back to running Greyhawk in 3E and stayed ever since. I might eventually run homebrew, but I love Greyhawk.

I don't think default 3e really counts.
It shouldn't, as it was an abomination that mostly killed off the setting. When people think Greyhawk's "vanilla," I blame 3E.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I voted No. I played in early 3.0 default setting, which was technically Greyhawk, and I've played Saltmarsh, but I've never known a single thing about the setting, so... no, not really. In 1e and 2e I only played my homebrew.

jeffh

Adventurer
Played in a fairly long-running one back in the 90s, and ran a comparatively short-lived one in the 2000s. I think a game I was briefly in around 1990 might have been set there too, it was never quite clear to me as the parts I was in were mostly contextless dungeon crawl.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases