• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<You want me to try to trick it? I look like an orc. Or should we just take it out?>~

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
~Good idea. How 'bout you enter first to see what the rest of the chamber looks like, as well as makin' sure there aren't any others. This might be a cellar for the kitchen, so an orc might not be out of place. I'll cover you with my crossbow.~

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As an orc, Eoghan went down the stairs. In case of trouble, the others crept their way partway down, but stayed around the corner as Jack took his same position as before. When Eoghan reached the bottom, he looked both ways, but walked as if he knew where he was going. The bugbear looked right at him and made no sign that his presence was in any way unexpected.

The room was bigger than he expected, with several doors or archways. A second bugbear stood on the other side of the pile of crates, and the room's thirty-foot ceiling was supported by four pillars. To Eoghan's right, a set of ten-foot high double doors were left partway open, with torchlight showing through. Benches lined the walls, but Eoghan's eyes were drawn to two brass gongs - one of the east wall and one on the west. Both were south of two long hallways that appeared to be cellblocks.

Across from Eoghan was another set of double doors (closed), and a third set were open in the south-east corner. On the south wall was yet another set of double doors, but these were twenty feet tall and wide and iron-bound, and through them echoed a clanging noise that sounded like a hammer on an anvil.

G1CellarBBB.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The bugbear guard eyed the orc, not with suspicion but with annoyance. He replied, "Tell it to the Captain, orc. I don't take orders from you."

He gestured toward the open doors in the south-east corner.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Eoghan mimics whatever obeisance the orc gave the chefs and heads to the south-east door.

~<They are having me tell the Captain.>~, he informs mentally.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
~<Let's not fight the whole crew all at onesk,>~ Bible thinks over the mental link while readying herself for battle. ~<Maybe you can delay their cap'n while we take out the two guards, an' then take 'em all on one at a time!>~

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eoghan went to the south-east doors, through which he found a barracks of fourteen beds, seven of which were occupied by sleeping bugbears. An eighth bugbear stood near a door in the south-east corner. When the bugbear spotted an orc, he knocked on the door and soon another bugbear answered. This one was grizzled, scarred, and mean-looking. He looked like he was annoyed at having been disturbed. He marched along the line of beds and asked Eoghan, "Whudizit?"

G1CellarBBGR.jpg

Remove ads