(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
At Tenibor's question, the dwarves looked at each other and rapidly discussed the problem in dwarvish. After a moment, one of them turned to the elf wizard and said, "Aye, we think it cauld be doon."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tenibor thanks them for there answer. "I will need to see it for myself. But I suspect it is better to leave it cut off from the world, as it was before."

He will advance with the group through that hole. He will follow up on the location of the shrine. When the time comes, he may split off.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"If you wish, I can keep the prisoners here," suggested Tamanar, referring to the two half-ogres, "I will separate the warriors from the non-combatants. Any who wish to venture forward with you can do so, the rest of us will wait here for the all-clear."

The balding dwarf who had been rescued from the torture-chamber stepped forward, saying, "I will coom wit'ye."

Not to be outdone by the dwarves, two orcs that had survived the assault on the forge grunted and insisted that they would also press forward.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
"Erm, though I love a good talk, preferably with tasty victuals and a refreshing beverage, I think now is the time for action. Jack, you're the quietest of us - do you want to go in, and we'll follow once you've made his sleep permanent?"

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack fought through his fatigue as he crept up to the opening in response to the large one's words.

~I can hear a couple of orogs berating some dwarves down there. While I might be able to take one of them out with a well-placed shot, I'd still have the other to deal with - and he might be able to awake the stone giants if I'm not quick enough.˜

OOC: I believe the DM said we hear two orogs down the passage who are driving the dwarves while the giants slept. Jack might be able to take one down within a round, but not two. Suggest someone else joins him, or we use a spell to keep our combat quiet.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
~Le's you and me be quick about it, Jack,~ Bible thinks to the rogue. ~That dwarf don't sound like he's enjoyin' himself much, but first, some refreshkmenks.~

She retrieves two small vials from a pouch on her belt, uncorks them, and downs each of them one after the other in several large gulps.

"$!@ %@$&! Never get used to the stuff! Blech!" she exclaims after expending some effort to swallow the last mouthful. Then she follows Jack through the hole and into the collapsed hallway.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bible and Jack took the lead, heading into the tunnel in the back of the old crypt, while those that would stay behind organized themselves into groups. Javok, the nominal orc leader, was still recovering from his ordeal in the torture chamber. Still, he possessed enough personal charisma, that the orcs that would stay behind gathered around him. Not to be outdone by the orcs, the dwarves too formed their own little group.

This left only the dwarf Harmock, who had been chained to the wall in the torture chamber, but appeared to be determined to go forth in spite of it, and the two orcs who had survived the attack on the forge - whose names were Bakkog and Khalga. These three where ready to join the group moving forward when Bible and Jack gave the word. Cordit, still in the form of a giant ape, stayed out of the now-crowded crypt, but she positively quivered in anticipation of bounding in to join Bible as soon as it was reasonable for her to do.

The way forward was not far, but it was still littered with rocks that had not yet been cleared from the excavation. Bible and Jack could see an orog in the dim light of a few torches that were affixed to wooden support beams. The orog had finished shouting at a dwarf woman, who was dirty and holding a pick. She looked like she would like nothing more than to bury the pick in the orog's face, but he was well-armored and held a large axe, while she was in nothing but dirty work-clothes. She nodded and turned back to working at the wall.

As Jack raised his crossbow, suddenly an orc stumbled into is firing line from a side-tunnel. The orc was so startled by the sight of them, that he shouted in surprise and raised his pick. Bible and Jack could tell that he was about to charge them.

GM: Encounter: Excavation Site
G1ExcSite.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: rubble; Visibility: dim (torches); Cover: walls
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Bible AC19* HP 79/85 THP 0/8 HD 3/9 PP16 AS 0/1 2W 1/1 Ind 1/1
Eoghan AC15 HP 74/75 THP 8/8 HD 3/9 PP19 SSdc17 0/4 0/3 1/3 1/3 0/1 BI 4/5
Jack AC17 HP 55/66 THP 0/8 HD 9/9 PP20 LK 1/3
Quinn AC17* HP 57/62 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 2/4 0/3 1/3 1/3 0/1 WS 1/2 GB 0/4 CO 2/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 0/1 Ba 1/1
Tenibor AC13(16) HP 56/56 THP 8/8 HD 7/9 PP16* SSdc16 2/4 0/3 1/3 2/3 1/1 WoMM 4/7 LK 2/3
Valda AC19* HP 53/83 THP 0/8 HD 8/9 PP15 AS 0/1 2W 0/1 RNdc15 2/3 GM 3/4 RS 3/4 Ind 1/1
(NPCs - Going Forward)
Cordit AC12 HP 11/11 PP12
-as GiantApe AC12 HP 41/157 THP 8/8 PP14 (time remaining: 40 mins)
Dwarves AC10 HP 5ea PP10*
-D1 (Harmock) 1/5; D2 5/5; D3 5/5; D4 5/5;
Orcs AC13 HP 15ea PP10*
-O1 (Bakkog) 12/15; O2 (Khalga) 11/15;
(NPCs - Staying Back)
Commoner (Olwen) AC10; HP 4/4 PP10
Dwarves (horde) AC10 HP 25/25 PP10*
Guards AC13 HP11ea PP12
-G1 11/11; G2 11/11;
OrcMob (horde) AC11 HP 35/35 PP10*
Tamanar AC12* HP 36/52 PP12*
Zandor AC11 HP 9/9 PP12
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Stone Giants AC17 HP126ea PP14*
-SG1 126/126; SG2 126/126;
Orogs AC18 HP42ea PP10*
-Og1 42/42; Og2 42/42; (prisoners)
-Og3 42/42; Og4 42/42; Og5 42/42
Orcs? AC13 HP15ea PP 10*
-O3 15/15; O4 15/15; O5 15/15; O6 15/15
GM: Begin Round One

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Eoghan moves to where his orc-body is visible to the shouting orcs. "We are with Khalga, and Bakkog too -- throwing off the giants. Let us pass quickly so that those abusers can be dealt with. Fight with us, or go join your comrades behind us."

OOC: Eoghan moves to DC82, right behind Bible, and again uses his action on Persuasion.
Persuasion: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25

FitzTheRuke, thanks for including names for the orcs.

Remove ads