• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC - D&D 3.5) Rathan's Problem Down Under

Ambrus

Explorer
The earth elemental searches for the correct words before it raises both stony arms to trace a large oval in the air between Lidia and itself. "Magic... barrier."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Don't worry about it Lidia. As long as we are only tossing guesses and suggestions around there is no damage. Once you act upon assumption...now, that's another matter."

"Barrier? What of magic could stop you from going through earth?"

unleashed

First Post
“Well, a barrier of force would definitely keep our earthen friend from getting inside, which doesn’t seem completely out of the question considering the defensive magic on the door. Whatever it is though, it appears someone went to some effort to protect the tomb, but to keep something in or keep everyone out is the question,” Eltyr remarks, the hint of a smile on his lips.

ethandrew

First Post
"I must admit, I am curious about what's behind the door. If what I can tell about this is right, it looks as if it has an aura of good surrounding it, so that someone of pure heart can possibly gain access," Anton looks at the others quizzically. "But once we get inside that door I don't know where that will lead and some of us need to rest."

ghostcat

First Post
Listening to the others discuss entering the tomb, Lidia frowns as she start to feel a bit uneasy. Suddenly, her expression changes as something occurs to her. "I don't want to spoil your fun boys. However, we have a task to complete and judging by the way we were rushed out of town, time is of the essence. Now, the things that attempted to enter the tomb maybe part of the enemy. So will searching this tomb help our mission or is this tomb just a diversion?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Lets sleep on it. Does anyone have detect magic still active or can cast it? Maybe to check the location where tracks dissapear for lingering magic before we depart?"

ethandrew

First Post
"I have something like that available to me, but I do not know the flesh and bones of arcane magic, so I'd need someone to interpret what I see," Anton seems slightly embarrassed at Lidia's revelation. It was true, they had momentarily lost focus on their ultimate goal. Whether they should act on the distraction or not was a discussion for the morrow.

unleashed

First Post
“Well, I’ve already cast the last I prepared today, but if the tracks are close enough I may be able to sustain it just long enough to check for magic,” Eltyr remarks, wondering if he can actually hold the spell much longer. “If not though, I can always help Anton interpret the results of his spell.”

[SBLOCK=OOC]Don’t know if Eltyr’s detect magic has run out or not yet ... up to you Rathan.[/SBLOCK]

Rathan

First Post
You can still ascertain the tracks with what is left of your detect magic Eltyr but alas... there is no sign of magics involved in the vanishing of the tracks.... somehow they either found a way to not use the ground as a mode of transportation from here.. or they covered their tracks expertly well.....

unleashed

First Post
“Well, no evidence of magic here, so I guess they either left or hid their tracks by more mundane means,” Eltyr reports, as he examines the area where the tracks stop.

Remove ads