(IC - D&D 3.5) Rathan's Problem Down Under

ghostcat

First Post
Although not entirely convinced, Lidia will go along with the rest. "OK. you've talked me into it, I go along with exploring the tomb. I suspect that Menhir doesn't mind what we do and long as we stop talking and do something. So lets quickly break camp and go."

Putting actions to words, Lidia quickly packs and tries to hide the signs that anyone has camped there.

Ambrus

Explorer
Again the earth elemental merely nods its consent to the druidess. Having itself nothing to pack, Menhir collects the geodes it had handed out the previous eve and returns to the subterranean spring to systematically refill them with fresh water.

unleashed

First Post
“Well, while I applaud the thought Berrek, we really don’t know how powerful the artifacts we currently hold are,” Eltyr chuckles. “That said, I agree with your position that we leave if the attack on the tomb seems to be based solely on greed. In fact, I probably wouldn’t concern myself with the tomb if not for the wards or even if I had some idea of what was contained within, but the fact our map doesn’t indicate what the black mound is, even though the location is marked, worries me. In fact, the only information we have is my suspicion that it is the burial mound of Lord Rakas, due in part to a villager mentioning the mound was on the road leading to the keep.”

Seeing as it looks like they’ll be going inside, Eltyr turns to Anton and asks, “Do you think we’ll simply be able to open the door Anton, or is it going to take a more devout belief and energy than most of us can muster?”

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
To My PC's: My fiancee is up for the week so if I'm a bit slow to post you'll know why this week.... I will TRY to post every day.. but this may not happen.... especially this coming weekend mostly......

ethandrew

First Post
"Well, there's only one way to truly find out," Anton states as he approaches the door cautiously. "If I get burned to a crisp, just well..." his thoughts trail off and he turns back toward the door.

A repeating prayer escapes his lips in a low and quiet whisper, "May the light of Pelor guide me. May the light of Pelor guide me. May the light..."

He reaches down and attempts to open the door.

Rathan

First Post
As Anton opens the door a sudden rush of air is sucked into the tunnel the sloped down into the tomb below the earth.... a steep and semi narrow staircase lead downward in a zig zag pattern.... and as the door is opened a set of magical torches lights the narrow staircase down a good 80 feet deep into the earth.... On the back of the door lies a copper plate now gone from it's copper color to an oxidized green..... there lies the Inscription next to the center grip on this overly HUGE giant sized heavy wooden shield....

"Here rests Ordlargu... fire shield of ruthless and deceased fire giant price Grimflame.... slain by King Rakas and his indestructible shield now serves as guardian to the tomb of the king that claimed it as his prize...

From here there was only one narrow zig zag staircase down into the rather dusky smelling decent into the tomb....

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Very good, Anton. Now, let me take a lead. You wouldn't like to step on some other treasure claimed by the king."

After ensuring that top of the stairs is safe and that door can be opened from the inside Berrek calls everyone inside (assuming the door can be opened from inside):
"Enter everyone and close the door. I don't think that guardians would like if we let evil people inside"

unleashed

First Post
“You be careful too, Berrek ... don’t let your curiosity get ahead of your sense,” Eltyr remarks as he enters, stopping to examine the plaque and shield, while Berrek checks the top of the stairs, trying to determine how long the tomb has been sealed.

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia enters the tomb but as Anton goes to close the door, she has a thought. "Anton stop a minute. If you close the door you will seal the tomb. This means that the only air we have to breath is the air that entered with us and I don't know how long that will last. Also, what happened to the air that was in there when the tomb was built. There may be a device for removing the air.

Remove ads