(IC - D&D 3.5) Rathan's Problem Down Under

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Menhir's reaction is largely the same whether he spots Berrek sneaking into camp or not; the elemental doesn't make any mention of it since the rogue is recognized as an ally of the group. If it spots Berrek it'll just try to puzzle out the purpose of his odd behavior.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You don't haev toa pologize Lidia, we had hectic few days. Now, if we are ready, lets bury those bodies and decide what we're gonna do."

unleashed

First Post
Once he’s finished studying his spellbook, Eltyr hunts up some food and while eating says, “So, did people want to head into the tomb today, or shall we push on towards our intended destination? Personally, I’d like a look inside, even if only to see why someone else wanted in so badly ... although I must admit the fact the tomb is warded intrigues me too.”

[SBLOCK=OOC]Eltyr’s spell today are:
0-level -- detect magic (2), light, read magic.
1st-level -- hold portal, mage armor, magic missile (2).
2nd-level -- knock, Melf’s acid arrow (2).[/SBLOCK]

ghostcat

First Post
Once everyone has eaten their ration of meat, Lidia approaches Menhir about burying the bodies. "Menhir, last night you implied that you could take care of the bodies. Would you please do it now?"

Once the bodies are safely disposed of, Lidia assumes a worried expression. "As to what do we do next. I think we should carry on with the mission but there again I was wrong last time, so I'll leave it to you brainy types to decide. Eltyr. Is it just curiosity that makes you want to look in the tomb or do you think it will help our mission?

ethandrew

First Post
Anton rises in the morning and promptly goes over his daily prayers to Pelor, his devotion silent and still. The conversation of others don't really seem to phase him, but after time he rises and cleans up his area, getting his armor restrapped and eating the breakfast presented for him.

"Given the circumstances of where we are and what's happened to this land, this meal is a feast," he smiles politely at Lidia in thanks.

Moving toward the graves, Anton intones a silent prayer over the buried. He rises and faces the others, "I must admit that I am curious as well, and if we only spend a few minutes down there then that shouldn't set us too far back from our goal."

[sblock=The Day's Spells]Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Create Water
1st: Bless, Sanctuary, Cause Fear
2nd: Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Once everyone has eaten their ration of meat, Lidia approaches Menhir about burying the bodies. "Menhir, last night you implied that you could take care of the bodies. Would you please do it now?"
The earth elemental pauses for a brief moment before nodding affirmatively to the druidess. Turning, Menhir leaves its companions' encampment behind as it slides waist deep in the ground out alone towards the distant burial mound.

Once in the vicinity of the tomb the earth elemental wastes no time in interring the handful of charred and broken organic carcasses. One by one Menhir takes a hold of each body and, using its ability to glide through the earth, effortlessly draws each down below the surface. When done, there are few clues to indicate where the bodies now rest.

Rathan

First Post
Menhir buries the bodies in short order and then you are once again all again left to the light breeze of the early morning before the blackened mound....

unleashed

First Post
“No, it’s not just curiosity that drives me here, Lidia,” Eltyr replies, before laying out his reasoning in a methodical manner. “The fact someone tried to enter the tomb right after the starfall devastated the area indicates to me they have a compelling reason to try and gain entry now, and it’s not just simple coincidence. Whether that is one of simple greed or a grab for power of some sort we simply don’t know, and that’s the reason I believe we need to investigate. Because, if it is a grab for power, which is the most likely reason to my mind, due to the wards around the mound, it could well be something we’ll be forced to face sooner or later, and I’d like to avoid as many unexpected complications as we can ... plus I’d prefer to keep powerful artifacts out of unknown hands.”

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm not usualy one for caution, but if we fall then powerful artifacts WILL end up in unknown hands."

Berrek chimes in, pointing to their artifacts

"That said, I'd like to see the inside, too, just not to risk too much. If we can ascertain that this is just 'greed raid' we leave."

Ambrus

Explorer
Its labor finished, the earth elemental returns across the windswept plain to its companions' campsite; offering only a nod to the druidess when it slides into camp to indicate that it has fulfilled her request.

Remove ads