(IC - D&D 3.5) Rathan's Problem Down Under

ethandrew

First Post
Anton stops his yawning and flexes his knee a bit. He moves toward the others, "Listen, we've known each other for what, a couple days? It's pretty clear we've each been blessed with abilities that the others don't know about, and it might take a little while for us to understand each other and what we can and cannot do. Berrek, if you feel like this is something you need to do and are equipped to handle yourself if this becomes dangerous, I trust you. You know yourself."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you Anton. Don't worry, Lidia, I'll be fine."

Berrek uses his wide bladed dagger to rollback part of the turf without breaking it, slides his blanket under it and essentialy dissapears, leaving only small opening from which he can observe the door and the spot where tracks disapeared. He feels comfortable enough to sleep, counting on his twig trap to sound the alarm. He remains awake for at least three hours, like he's holding the watch back at the camp.

"Listen for the thunderstone, I'll sound it in case there is trouble coming."
OOC: ideally, Berrek would sleep for two hours, then be awake two then sleep again, but I don't know what kind of abilities that would require. I heard about soldiers being able to fall asleep whenever and wherever and awake at designated time and I myself awake every morning few minutes before alarm sounds, but it's long habit and not something I can do at any time in day...

Rathan

First Post
The rest of you make it back to camp and lay down for rest without incident.... Menhir watches over the rest needing to sleep as Berrek stays behind and tries his best to stick to his sleep, watch, sleep plan... and does so well till just before morning and falls asleep for good from exhaustion for about 3 hours and wakes once more slightly after dawn when the light from the suns shine into his hole he watches the door through.... The rest of you save for Menhir get a good uninterrupted nights sleep..... Lidas bird companion seems to have left her a rather small rabbit at the foot of her sleeping bad as a promise for a warm meal for the part.. however it is a small kill... it will be a light breakfast for all.... the bird himself found a small field rat to snack on......

Berrek you don't seem to find anything or anyone entering or leaving the area of the mound and while awake you so nothing disturb the door at all to the mound.... once waking you note the charred undead bodies lie where they were last night untouched and unmoved..... unfortunately your hidden position seems to be a wasted effort.... I'm also going to give you a -1 to Inits for the sore neck you have today for sleeping in a very uncomfortable place and not one designed for normal rest... laying under an unearthed piece of ground in the same position as not to give your coordinates away CAN'T be a comfortable endeavor heh

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: No problem. And I asked Menhir to do it exactly so it isn't unconfortable. I'm still at +9 for init :)

IC:
Berrek listens carefuly to ascertain he is alone and then pulls himself forward and into a roll so that he exits lengthwise. He carefuly pulls his blanket behind him again avoiding as much as possible disturbing of the grass.

He jogs back toward the camp slowing down once he is within stonethrow of the grove he sneaks in observing around the camp for ambush. Satisfied that everything is in order he does his best to avoid being noticed until he is in the camp.

If successful he lies near outer border of the camp and rises from under his blanket making like he slept here all night and stretches.

"Good morning everyone"

OOC: if noticed earlier, he simply strolls in the camp. :) Little bit harmless playing of sneak. (I'm not sure what would name of the game be in english, it's similar to hide and seek except its group vs group and one group 'defends' the location while others try to infiltrate it.)

ghostcat

First Post
As usual Lidia wakes half an hour before sun-rise and starts her devotion. Once she has finished, she sees the bird that Shadow has left and silently thanks him. Lidia then proceed to build up the fire and cooks breakfast, although there won't me much more than a morsel of meat for everyone.

Once Shadow has finish his own breakfast, Lidia will send him to see if there is anyone in the area.

If Lidia or Shadow notice Berrak sneaking up on the camp, she will pretend to be busy cooking until he starts to get in his blanket, when she will say "Good morning Barrak. Everything go OK?"

[sblock="mechanics"]Lidia's devotions take about an hour, so I don't know if Berrak will be back before she has finished. If not then Spot = +10. Shadow's spot is +13[/sblock]

[sblock="Prepared Spells"]Druid Spells Level 0 (4/day)
- Cure Minor Wounds
- Cure Minor Wounds
- Flare
- Flare

Druid Spells Level 1 (3/day)
- Cure Light Wounds
- Entangle
- Shillelagh

Druid Spells Level 2 (2/day)
- Heat Metal
- Flaming Sphere[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: probably not since he fell asleep before morning and was awakened by the sun. I meant to leave it as is, but as you consistently call him Barrak I'll make it IC...

"You are early riser, druidess. I know we had little time to properly introduce ourselves so I don't mind, but be aware: my name is B-E-rrek not B-A-rrak. Berrek Sandblade. And yes, everything is fine, nothing happened, nobody showed. But ofcourse, somebody could sneak past, I slept lightly on few occasions."

OOC: Berrek's Hide and Move Silently are at +9 + cirucmstance if any

unleashed

First Post
OOC: unleashed, I don't think we're thinking on camping on the mound. The idea is to camp in sheltered spot, simply somewhat closer to the mound then original camp is.

Well, as Rathan has said since your post and as I surmised there is nowhere good to camp, except the location we already found and inside the tomb. Also, I wasn't saying that anyone intended to stay on the mound itself, but on the barren hillside nearby, perhaps a poor choice of words, but I took the area to be somewhat hilly from the description we received earlier when we found the campsite (i.e. a goat path indicates to me the area is somewhat hard to traverse, thus my thought there might be a hillside or two hereabout). ;)

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Eltyr is awake and studying his spellbook when Berrek greets the camp, giving the man little more than a brief nod as he continues to study the tome before him.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Again the heros have two choices at least.... continue from here on the road that leads to the keep that must be investigated... or go back down the hilly goat path back to the tomb mound and investigate inside this time....

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia is very embarrassed at getting Berrek's name wrong and actually blushes. "I am very sorry for getting you name wrong Berrek. I hope you can forgive me. Please except my most sincere apologies."

Remove ads