• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

worthley

First Post
"This necklace prevents diseases, and in a place where it is said they remove limbs and reattach them by magical means, it will be very useful." Bazrim looks at Kushnak and Eskard. "I think one of you should wear it."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel begins an exhaustive search of the crammed room. After nearly two hours, the elf has gone through various records, all of which are at least 10 years old, detailing the various business workings of the business. The elf has gathered that, at least at that time, the Sodden Hold appeared to be a fairly regular part of the shipping business of the Free City, servicing both for shipment within the Free City (by the waterways) and to places outside. However, the business records abruptly stopped. There was no apparent lag or downslope, at least in the documents here. They simply stop.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Well, that just leaves that last set of doors. If someone could loan me a grappling hook, I'll go check them. If no one else is willing to face enemies indoors, I'll do my best to get out of the room intact by myself."[sblock=oc]If a (knotted) rope can be secured, Erdolliel will climb +2, tumbling +13 if she fails severely at any time. Then she will move to the double doors in the cell block, search +14 them for traps and whether they are locked, then she will unlock +15 the doors, listen +12 for anything on the other side, open the doors, and hide +13 while moving silently +13 into the room while spotting +12 what is in there.[/sblock][sblock=oh yeah... edit]if the ladder that was next to the collapsed section of catwalk is still intact and movable, she'll just move it to the catwalk within the room where we faced the mimics and use the ladder to climb up to the catwalk.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Hopefully the rest of the building will be slightly more rewarding." Kushnak says, digging out the grappling hook and knotted rope.

"Eskard, go with her, we'll wait. If you find anything, enemies or otherwise, alert us immediately."

[sblock=oc]Eskard and Kushnak have no intention of wearing the amulet.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel and Eskard hoist themselves back to the catwalk and return to the room with the cells. Just as the elf is about to begin searching the door for traps, she realizes something very odd: both Martal and Regim are gone. The apparently dead man in the very first cell is still precisely where you saw him last.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Sonofa!" The elf curses as she hurries back up the steps while looking around the room. "Martal and Regim are gone! I knew we should have just killed them!"[sblock=oc]just move to the top of the stairs to report to the others. spot +12 while moving if possible, or sopt first and then report if not[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel returns to the cell area as she moves to the door of the cell with the dead man in it. "Eskard, keep a sharp eye out for any funny business." The elf then tries to pick the lock on the cell.[sblock=oc]search +14 the cell door. If the door is locked and untrapped, open lock +15. same as before try once then take 10.[/sblock]

Remove ads