• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

TiCaudata

First Post
"That's funny, you make it sound like you've done something today, dwarf. Erdolliel snarks as she continues to explore the area.[sblock=oc]jump off of what's left of the catwalk while tumbling +13, hide +13, move silently +13 search +14 search the whole 10X25 area (10 minutes), search the door for traps last. if the door is locked from this side too, open it and walk through OL+13[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I'm sure those charred boxes have nothing to do with me." Bazrim responds. "That's right, you couldn't see from your pit. And don't bother trying to sneak around, I'm sure anything that's around would have heard the crumbling of that walkway." He then shakes his head at the thought whatever might be out there is completely deaf.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar looks at Ilya. "I know, you'd never expect a dwarf and elf couple. But they do have the very cutest of pet names. And you should hear her purr when she strokes his beard..."

Erdolliel, meanwhile, drops down. Her search turns up nothing, save a great deal of dust, suggesting that this room is seldom, if ever, used. She finds the door still locked (apparently requiring a key from either side) but not trapped. Her first attempt to bypass the lock fails.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel focuses on the lock again, very carefully. I 'sneak' so that the things that know where you are can't find me you fool. I swear you're the slowest mage I've ever met." [sblock=oc] Take 10 OL +15 with MW lockpicks[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Taking a deep breath, Erdolliel focuses herself, since she isn't under too much pressure. With a satisfying "click" the lock opens. As suspected, the door leads back into the main room.

o3caudata

First Post
"Well THAT was worth it." Kushnak spits angrily as he swings over the edge and climbs down the rope.

Looking up to Eskard, he says disturbingly politely "Eskard, wait for everyone else, release the rope and come down so we can move on. We have weeks of waiting in the rooms ahead."

Eskard waits for everyone to descend and releases the hook before jumping down to follow the others.

[sblock=oc]Jump: can't fail, suckers[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel moves to the nearest door and tries her luck at unlocking it as well.[sblock=oc]OL+15 try once, if it doesn't work, take 10. If it works, she'll hide +13 and move silently +13 into the room, looking for traps +14 as she goes.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
The group clambers down the rope. While Kushnak very nearly falls the short distance, everyone manages to make it to the bottom. Ilya coughs in the rising dust.

Erdolliel's first attempt on the locked door fails, but, again after taking a moment to calm herself, she slips it open.

The door opens to a dark chamber absolutely packed with boxes and bookcases overflowing with ledgers and papers in no apparent order. Even though the room is small, thoroughly searching it would take an immense amount of time.

[sblock=OOC]Gotta love climb checks. Since you all suck at climbing, I'm assuming you'll take the time to knot the rope. Nethezar won't even try it otherwise.
K: 8- (that's close)
B: 17-
N: 13-
Illya: 9
Everyone makes it.

Open lock on next door: 7+ fail; take 10, succeeds

To put Erdolliel's sense of the task of searching into game terms: each search check will require 10 minutes (instead of the normal full round to search a 5x5 area).[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel looks into the latest room and then looks back at Kushnak. "It would take almost 2 hours to search through all of that. It does look like someone's been in there more recently though... Maybe there would be something useful, like an expalnation of who's running this place."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads