• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Ever Dream, The Worlds of Life (Closed)

Jochannan

First Post
"Very well then."

Rose taps a part of her forarm armor and a miniature glowing image of a shadowy figure appears in midair.

"This is the dark lord, but his lair is in another dimension, so either we can seek out his minions, which is a waste of time since the horizon keeps the lord out of this dimension anyway, or we can head for the portal system and meet up with Albedo before venturing into the dark realms through the portals."

Suicidal Llama

First Post
OOC: Good job defending but you made one minor mistake; Umbryn can pick who goes in the pillar so the assasins wont, but they will be banished to their home plane. Also remember in this war that the shadows also have supernatural power but also have armor boosting them to higher levels though i am not saying your men couldn't have driven them off. As of now the shadows aren't fighting the men but going invisible or sneaking around to get at the "soft" targets.

"So traume you dare oppose me; I am constantly gaining power and my assasins could easily devastate your tienkou If I ordered them to."
Umbryn pauses and thinks for a moment.
"So Tensok, Joxander and Albedo may prove threatening but they or there men would last seconds on my plane; Prepare the capture device."

Oh and The one god empowered the new star not the old one because i posted the new one before he said that, I guess he did that but i dont know really but Im basing some things off that.

Last edited:

periculum

First Post
OOC: Suicidal Llama read OOC forum.

IC: Tensok, impatient to get after U-Do, is adament about no detours, but they of course have to go through the portal system in order to get anywhere on another plane, thus they travel to the nearest portal in a large town on the coast and go to the realm of Kerion.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Shara (Life, Light and Wisdom) @ Zhyreus

Shara looks to the Watcher. "You give me too much credit Watcher. This existence is not my creation. We are all a byproduct of the Progenitor Wars. We are all children of the War and I am hoping that I am the wisest in the sandbox.

When we were borne the planets were all here. I just brought life to it other than that of the Godlings that war at every turn. I have felt the call of our Progenitors often but have not understood what this feeling was until you told me of the 'Place the Isn't' and its connection to our Progenitors.

Mortals and Immortal alike would one day find out about the the 'Place that Isn't' and would venture there for power or understanding. It is just a matter of Time. I have understood the dangers of this other place and have chosen not to venture there until I am ready. I feel its call. I hear its power, but it is something that would overwhelm me and devour me much as it has Tocho. This is not the time for me to venture there.
"

The Godling sighs the frustrated maternal sigh of a mother watching her children who do not learn from their mistakes and are doomed to repeat them. "I am the first borne and there is much that I am capable of doing. If I do everything they will learn nothing. If I was to do everything then there would be no need for the others. Negating the need for their existence is not productive and a waste of the divine flames that burn. We have all developed or arrived for some reason whether or not we know what it is or not. The time will come when they will be ready for the rule of mortals and to allow the true contest to be of the mortals. For now we can be content to watch them play their divine games and hope that existence does not suffer for it."

She comtemplates the idea Far Horizon for moment. "You were meant to be here in this existence and I fear that your abscence would cause more damage than not. I have sensed a little from what you have granted me of the "Place that Isn't". I believe that you being here is more planned than we may yet realize."

She waves her hand infront of herself and as her hand passes a glowing orb of slowly shifting light remains. Its soft radiance shifts over great moments through every color of the spectum and on a moment it turns dark and full of a riot of static, and in that moment both of the Godlings can feel a distubance in the 'Place that Isn't'. Following that the orb continues is travel through light's spectum.

Below the orb appears a Phaenix Egg. "Take this Watcher. You will need to craft those that will watch and monitor this place that those who seek 'That Which Isn't' and educate them appropriately."

FreeXenon

@ Realm of Battle

A bright shaft of light appears near Kerion and as the light receeds a single humanoid form can be seen cloaked in an aura of soft shifting lights. A white-grey full body cloak and a staff are all that can be seen in brief moments following the light's recession.

The creature pulls back its hood and long tressles of white hair cascade down upon her simple white-grey robes. Her graceful Aelven features are even more beautiful than any Aelv Kerion has seen. Her birght blue eyes emit a soft radiance and he notices a small divine spark within her. The nimbus of light mutes, she smiles, and Kerion recognizes this Aelv but she is much different than she was before.

Tsaerus bows deeply before her former master. "Our Mother has seen that your Tienkou war against the Shadows of Umbryn. You have trained them well, but there is more that they need to learn." She smiles kindly to her former mentor. "Our mother has given me knowledge and I am here to impart it to you and your Tienkou. Umbryn's Shadows stalk in the darkness of the Worlds of Life and I will help your Tienkou to bring light to where they hunt. This will give them the advantage that they need to even the playing ground. I bring unto you the 'Way of Light' The Angels and Shara herself has taught me this and she has instructed me to come to you.

With this the Shadows of Umbryn will not be able to hide from the eyes of the Tienkou and will teach them to fight them in a more permanent manner. Light and Positive Energies will banish and destroy the dakness and negative energies. This will help you to battle agents of Umbryn and Jemal when it becomes necessary.
"

Shara, The Light Bringer (Light, Life and Wisdom)

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Shara @ Zhyreus

Shara looks upon Endovior's Devourers and smiles with amusement. "Simple and effective." she thinks to her self. She concentrates for a few moments a great ball of light coalesces infront of her. She smiles mischeviously and moves her had through the large ball of light and it ripples like water suspended in zero gravity. It splits neatly into two evenly distributed liquid orbs of light and then each splits again and it contiunes until they are so small that the division cannot be seen. The masses of divdiing light pulses with the great energies as it works and works away at its task.

She blows gently upon the dust of light and they spread throughout Zhyreus. Whenever a Devourer encounters a Dust of Light it falsely detects divine energies and goes to devour it, and it undergoes a change. A very simple yet profound change. The Devourers of Zhyreus not longer have the insatiable appetite and drive to devour the divine. They now desire to become servants of Shara and serve the ways light, life, and wisdom becoming her Lanterns.

Something akin to Lantern Archons but a bit more powerful: Resistant to and 'devours' divine energies.

Order is quickly restored on Zhyreus as the Dust of Light spread and the Devourers are turned to Shara's will.

Shara, The Light Bringer (Light, Life, and Wisdom)

Jochannan

First Post
@ Zhyreus

The Tribble War comes to a close after many hard weeks of fighting. The 'Lantern Tribbles' now populate Zhyreus as a benevolent force, serving as amusement to the child angels, and a defense against divine intrusion that the great strategists of the angels count on. Temporarily abandoned cities return to life, disabled technology is revivied, and all physical damage resulting from the war is repaired. For once, there are no dead bodies at the end of the day, since the Tribbles didn't actually harm any of the angels, just annoy the crap out of them. A great festival of celebration takes place across the plane, praising Shara and celebrating the return to normalcy.

Last edited:

Jochannan

First Post
Just Outside of Malkavia

Rose and Tensok are greeted with a flash of light and the descent of a stack of seven large rings from the sky, the rings generate another flash of light within them, and leave behind two objects. The rings then ascend to the sky and a large object, which Rose recognises as an Angelic Flying Fortress, is vaguely visible through the clouds. When the object has departed, Rose picks up the objects left by the rings.

"I think Joxandar wanted to properly equip us for our journey."

She presents Tensok with the Amulet of Shara (refer to the artifacts list for Jo'Karr in the Rogues Gallery), and she bears the Sheild of Shara. Also left behind by the rings is a scroll, from which Rose discernes of the celestial runes that the Tribble War has ended, and that ambassadors have been dispatched to Albedo.

Last edited:

Suicidal Llama

First Post
Even as the tienkou train inthis way of light that they have not yet learned the shadows attack; killing many of the tienkou instead of the easy targets. hundreds are killed and the shadows after the raid go to a field and paint a symbol on the crops readable by air. The symbol painted in the blood of the tienkou and it reads "you'll have to be better than that" in a taunting way.

Jochannan

First Post
As the shadow assasins commit their atrocity, Rose and Tensok arrive and rip into the shadow hordes like a hot knife through butter. Tensok, wrapped in the divine flames of the Amulet of Shara, seems immune to the weapons of the shadows, and cleaves through their dark metal armor like cardboard. Rose, one of the greatest living masters of the 'way of light', unleashes a brilliant energy blade at the end of her staff, and she strikes down half a dozen foes at a time with her whirling attacks. Rose unleashes holy energy blasts from the other end of her staff, each bolt is as a holy cannon ball which devastates the shadows. Between the two titans, the shadows are routed.

None-the-less, many of the Teinkou are slaughtered and the blood symbol in the field stands as a foreboding testament to the fighting to come.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads