[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Dukkoti tells you all “I can’t go down into that hole” and shudders “I need to be free, good luck to you all, I’m going over the wall” “Ill go with you.” replies Cal and without waiting for the rest of you to join them, they disappear over the wall.

The tunnel crawlspace is really tight for Blaze and Chtckh, and relatively easy for Plool. Varsk tells you he will watch the rear, but its possible he didn’t enter the hole at all. The rest of you squirm through the dark earth, nearly blind as the light from behind is cut off by the bodies of your companions. After what seems like much too long a tunnel, Blaze feels the crawl space open up. He stands a small ball of fire appears in his hand. You emerge into a strange chamber it looks like the earth has split open into a rough sphere. This is as far as the escaping slaves got. The chamber is filled with desiccated corpses, they look like they have been dead for seasons, but not years. They are all half covered in dirt and small rocks. None of them seem to be wearing more than the loincloth of a slave.

Then a new form rises up from behind a low boulder, wearing black earth covered white robes, and a flowing cloak also coved in black mud. He wears a crystal symbol of a bird around his head.

He looks crushed, one arm smashed and his chest broken. There is no blood left in his decaying body. He holds a spear in one hand, tipped in METAL.

“ I can hear the air in your lungs, and feel the breeze stirred by your movements. It is unbearable. Your breathing and movement must cease at once. Forever!”

He gestures and one of the dead slaves is pushed to his feet by the rocks and earth, its eyes empty and lifeless as its head turns towards you.

GM: roll initiative. It looks like we lost 2 players, but if either wants to step back in, I can add their PC into the space F0. Varsk should also be joining back in when he can.

Map14.jpg

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
<Then a new form rises up from behind a low boulder, wearing black-earth covered white robes ..> edit

the dead are moving slowly.
GM:
initiative the dead : 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
go ahead and resolve your actions, ill roll your PC saves if they are needed. Assume AC 15+ is a solid hit.
Terrain Notes:
F0 is the beginning of the crawlspace, and the ragged edge at C0, A1, B1 is a drop off into darkness - at least 10 feet. D0 looks like a tricky slope downward. The ceiling is dombed 8' at edges 15 at the center.
the low boulder (alter area) 18" tall, so its mostly only going to effect plool, but skill checks can be rolled to use it for advantage/ignore it for movement - if you think of a reason.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
“Ugh,” Plool's face twisted into a grimace. “Nothing worse than bad meat.”

Plool darts in next to the dead slave, and chops destructively into it with his axe! Then he follows up with a swift kick.

“ 'Cept maybe when it's trying to kill you!”

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
From his time in the arena, Blaze has learned to seize an opportunity, and therefore he wastes no time when the dry, dead-looking creature emerges and starts talking The genasi spreads out his fingers in front of him and the small flame that was in his hand roars from him towards the robed figure over ten feet away.

"Great speech," the genasi says dryly as the warmth dies down again, and the former gladiator grabs his bone club and lazily moves up to his opponent.

OOC: Using my racial Reach To The Blaze ability to cast Burning Hands (1/LR), the cone directly aimed at the robed undead to avoid hitting any allies. It must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or take 3d6 fire damage (and any flammable objects not carried or worn ignite). Successful save means half damage.

Then Blaze moves to D4, making sure it cannot get into melee with any others without provoking an opportunity attack from the barbarian.

burning hands fire damage: 3D6 = [6, 2, 1] = 9

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Plool delivers a devastating blow that practically cuts the dead slave in two, and his secondary blow is just enough to topple it. But the dirt and gravel draw the things abused flesh back together. And it strikes back at him clumsily, not even getting close to the nimble fighter.

Chtckh'Chtckh ‘s arrow cuts muscle and tendons, sending the spear tumbling to the ground, but his arm looks less bad than you expected.

Blazes fire burns the dead man’s dry flesh, roaring up briefly before going out.

The priest mutters and invocation “Darkest earth smite my enemies” – and his uninjured hand shines with black energy; and he reaches out for Blaze, who just barely dodges out of the way. His hand continues to shine.

GM:
Plool 16
Chtckh'Chtckh 14
Blaze 12
Undead 8
slave con save: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
dex ; str saves for the dead man. : 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

priests smiting blaze : 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Slam v Plool : 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Slave: -21 hp (after regen)
Priest -17 hp (after piecing resistance)
PCs unwounded
forgot a roll, still sad.
retrieving the spear is a standard action, but with enough acrobatics...

round2.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads