log in or register to remove this ad

 

[IC] Evilhalfling's Dark Sun

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool gabs the mask chunk off the ground. At least he had some proof of his hard work.

"Unless you can move the wall itself, the only way out is the way we came in!" He vocalizes loud enough to be heard over the rising winds. "This might be the last time you see anything other than this room you know!" He chides the beast, then thinks better of himself. What would his tribe back think of him for just abandoning the creature? Plool tosses a rodent into the feeding dish. "To make your cage less miserable." he explains, before cautiously moving toward the door.

OOC: Moving to A7
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Chtckh’s pressure pries the mask off the wall and sends it skittering across the floor. the smaller piece is safely in plool's hand.

The wind picks up a little more, and swirls around in 15 feet of the cage.

It picks up some stone chips and gold shavings, and the gold mask skitters across the floor banging on the bars of the cage. Chtckh is buffeted by the winds, but manages to avoid the few flying objects. If there was more particles in the air, it would be doing more damage.
But the real problem is emerging rumbling from the stone wall on the left side of the chamber.

elemental.jpg


A massive creature steps through the wall, its body made of shifting rocks and a few purple crystals. It stops and bangs its fist on the wall that it just stepped out of, three times. Then spreads its arms and steps toward you. The wall it walked through looks the same as it did before.
It is probably an Earth Elemental, a cousin of the large Air elemental that most of you saw summoned to hide the Caravan. Kel knows Elementals can slip through rock and earth, but they don’t have enough control over it to build this chamber. They are also not known for planning or cruelty.

You all notice that the wind is ripping a fine layer of dust off the elemental, it looks like cracks are created in the creatures form and more dirt is exposed between the rocks.

GM:
Initiative. and announce actions,
The Blue Area is difficult terrain due to the rising winds.
Thri-Kreen : reflex vs winds: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23 , no damage.

Rock1A.jpg


this last view shows the battlefield the best. elemental is still standing in the grey circle.
Rock1.jpg
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool's eyes go wide as he sees the Stone Creature. "DARKEST EARTH!" He shouts, before immediately springing in to attack.

 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Blaze is startled by the earth elemental; somewhere inside he feels some sort of connection to another creature of the elements, but the former gladiator ignores that feeling to focus on the danger it poses.

Taking a few steps sideways to avoid hitting his allies in his attack, the genasi makes a fist that immediately erupts into flame, and then throws that magical fire at the elemental.

"Why are we fighting it?" Blaze whispers harshly, realizing the answer doesn't matter now that combat has already started.

OOC: Blaze initiative: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8


Move to D-6, cast innate Produce Flame and attack with that: Blaze produce flame attack:
1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D8 = [6] = 6
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
“We need to find a way for the creature to fight the elemental!” Kel says to his companions, without an actual plan, before he concentrates.

OOC: Cast vicious mockery, wisdom save DC 13 or 1 damage, and elemental has disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.
 

Varsk turns towards the new threat. The green shimmering blades appear in his hand and he watches confused as the thing bangs on the wall then turns towards his companions. Worried that this was some form of signal to companions Varsk throws one of the shimmering blades towards the creature. The blade streaks towards the elemental.

Varsk stands his ground waiting to see how the creature plans to act.

OOC: Initiative: 1d20+3 11

Bonus action: Summoning Psychic Blades
Action: Thrown psychic blade attack w/damage: 1d20+5 22 1d6+3 8

I think I go after Plool who moved within 5 ft of the elemental so here is my Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 7. I rolled it separately because I was not sure it would apply.
Movement: None
 
Last edited:

To Chtckh, this all seemed like a good way to break weapons and to get thumped. Firing arrows would be tricky with all this wind, as well. Perhaps the sky-ray would help them against the elemental. He supposed that the worst case scenario would be that things would get worse, naturally. Chtckh threw his shoulder down and charged into the stone bars that held the creature imprisoned, but they held fast.

 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Plool’s precisely aimed kicks find a weak spot on its leg, but it barely notices the impacts.
Varsk’s blade penetrates the stone creature, aimed at an especially large crack between the stones.
It shrugs off the effects of the mockery, you need to use a simpler insult.
The axe and the ball of flame both strike against its stone hide, deflecting off.

Without bothering to move the elemental just pounds on the closest person.
The elemental swings both fists at Plool, connecting with one. The massive blow nearly brings the halfling to his knees.

The broken pieces of stone bars from the entrance are dragged into the whirlwind, first bouncing off the stone bars of the cage directly, then joining the golden mask and the small pieces knocked off the elemental as the whirlwind , but none seem to hit the elemental, or the Thrikreen. The bars seem weaker, just not enough to break. The Cloud Ray also drifts against the back of the cage, moving the whirlwind slightly. (row 5 is now clear)

rock2.jpg

GM:
The spear was last used by the thri-kreen, so Plool has the axe in hand.
Round 2:
Plool 15
Chtckh 14
Varsk 11
Kel 10
Blaze 8
Elemental 7
Cloud Ray 18

Ele wis save : 1D20 = [16] = 16
Elemental reflex vs flying objects : 1D20 = [16] = 16
thrikreen reflex save, start of turn : 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
initiative Chtckh and Kel: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14 ; 11 (kel)
Ele attack : 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21 ; 1D20+5 = [3]+5+3 = 11
Ray's TK: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23 vs bars. (5 damage to cage), break DC drops.
Earth Elemental @-26 hp
Plool @ 10/23 hp
 
Last edited:


Chtckh noticed that he still held the metal-tipped spear in his lower hands, so he thrust the point at one of the bars holding the ray prisoner. It scraped off the rounded stone to his frustration, so Chtckh threw the spear along the ground to Plool, hoping it would prove more useful to the monk.

OOC: Attack the bars: Spear: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6 for 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9 Yuck. What terrible rolls...
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Plool gets the wind knocked out of him by the blow. "OK... try not to get hit... this thing hurts..." He wheezes as he pulls out his cleaver.


Plool then assumes a defensive stance, using the cleaver as a shield, while probing the enemy with another kick.

OOC: Plool would take the spear back, but right now he has to fight defensively. If someone needs a weapon that might work better than stone or bone, go for it
Using One Ki to dodge with Patient Defense. 1 Ki left.
Attacking with an unarmed strike while holding the Battleaxe to trigger Agile Parry for +2 ac. 18 AC currently.
Unarmed Strike, to activate Agile Parry: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
1D4+3 = [2]+3 = 5

 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Incoming!" yells Blaze, hopefully warning his allies enough before a ferocious wordless cry erupts from his mouth. At the same time, a bright fire washes out from the genasi in all directions as he reaches within his elemental nature to find the battle focus he needs.

Stepping forward, the warrior now appearing larger than before, he attacks the stone creature with a ferocious attack that leaves his defences wide open...

OOC: Bonus Action: Entering Rage, which means all within 10 feet take 2 fire damage, no save.I think that's just the elemental and Varsk (sorry!).

Move: To C-5.

Action: Reckless Attack (advantage on attacks, but attacks on me have advantage too): Blaze reckless attack in rage:
2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [20, 4]+4 = 24
1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10


Critical! Extra damage: Blaze crit damage: 1D6 = [2] = 2
 

Varsk barely has time to move at Blazes warning before he is bathed in flames. He recoils at the heat that singes his hair. As the fire subsides Varsk pats out a small fire from his cloak. He shoots a furious glance at the genasi but turns back to the more immediate threat. He throws his remaining energy blade at the elemental. Varsk then move back away from the creature to avoid being hit by Blaze again. As he moves the green blades reappear in his hands.

OOC: Action: Thrown psychic blade attack w/damage and sneak attack: 1d20+5 21 1d6+3 6 2d6 3 So a total of 9 psychic damage with sneak attack.

Move: Move to D8.

Bonus: Resummon blades.
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The elemental again ignores mockery. The axe and club find vulnerable spots in the elementals skin.
The psionic knife slips into the elementals body as well.
The elemental smashes the wall and the ground, not getting anywhere near the well-prepared halfling.

The spear is picked up and driven more purposefully at the elemental but slides off. The bars, gold mask and now the spear are flung by the random winds at the elemental, leading to more chips and dust being torn off. In passing the items also whirl by Chtckh, who is ready for them and dodges again. Instead, they crash against the bars breaking off pieces, but not yet creating a useful opening. The stone pieces join the whirlwind. There is now a serious amount of stuff in the air.


rock3.jpg
 
Last edited:

Chtckh grew frustrated by the constant wind and the enormous elemental. He drew as many swords as he had, and he lunged at the creature with a barrage of attacks.

 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"I suppose that's what they mean by 'Dumb as a rock?'" Plool mocks the creature as he dances off it's fists of the stone, using the extra height to spring up and kick it in what Plool assumes to be it's head before returning to the ground.

When his feet return to the floor, Plool resumes his defensive positioning.

OOC: This round is much the same as the last one. Plool is going heavy defensive while he can still buy time, it seems to be working for now.

AC=18, the creature has disadvantage.
Ki = 0

Unarmed Strike, to activate Agile Parry: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Now fully into his battle rage, Blaze once more lets the fire within emanate outwards, burning everyone within ten feet, before once again attacking with the bone club.

"Stop it!" he screams in Primordial as the creature once more tries to pound his ally.

OOC: Bonus action: Storm Aura; everyone within 10 feet takes 2 fire damage, no save.

Action: Reckless Attack (adv):
2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [3, 17]+4 = 21
1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10


Move: none
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Kel is disappointed at his inability to affect the elemental. He switches toa different mental approach, and focuses his mind again.

OOC: cast Dissonant whispers, wis save dc 13 or 7 psychic damage and elemental mus immediately use its reaction , if available, to move as far as its speed allows away from you. The creature doesn’t move into obviously dangerous ground, such as a fire or a pit. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t have to move away. A deafened creature automatically succeeds on the save.
Note aoo woulD be triggered due to this movement
 

Flames lick in front of Varsk's face and he can feel the heat from the fire that emanate from Blaze. The heat is almost to much but then dies down, Varsk just ouside the radius of the flames. Varsk throws one of the blades rigght as the orange curtain subsides. He follows up the first blade with the second. The first blade strikes true but the second flies wide. Varsk stands his ground preparing to reform his psychic blades.

OOC: Action:Thrown psychic blade attack w/damage and sneak attack: 1d20+5 20 1d6+3 5 2d6 6. Total of 11 psychic damage.

Bonus: TWF Thrown psychic blade attack w/damage: 1d20+5 8 1d6 3

Movement: Standing my ground.
 

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Now fully into his battle rage, Blaze once more lets the fire within emanate outwards, burning everyone within ten feet, before once again attacking with the bone club.

"Stop it!" he screams in Primordial as the creature once more tries to pound his ally.
Just before your turn, the elemental disappears into the floor.
you still have your actions.
 
Last edited:

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top