D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly


log in or register to remove this ad

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Hup'lo wasn't very good with this 'common' tongue, but sensing Qawasha's surprise and tenseness at the sight of this woven woman, he did his vest to pay attention. He noticed her reaction to Qawasga's words and perhaps a bit more, though he tried not to show it.

Insight: 1d20 19
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral looks around and sniffs as he enters trying to get a sense of how long is this elf here. He never heard of anyone living in the Heart, but her explanation may be as good as her ignorance. Still, one doesn't survive in the jungle by assuming something is not dangerous.

He purrs and murmurs something and the hunters spread out and around the chamber. Not being as rude as to go behind their host or invade any closed of parts...but very much the image of the tense hunters.

The shaman nods at the elf at her introduction, but otherwise remains silent.

"Check both sides, don't disturb anything and don't approach her."

[roll=Insight]1d20+1[/roll] Sorry, brainfart
Insight: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11

Perception: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [11, 16]+4 = 20
OOC: Rolled single perception for all tabaxi, but with advantage (Myrral with help)
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Heart of Ubtao
Morning
Round 0

Dellrack traveled with the others, and when they bedded down for the night, he finished off his spells to create more goodberries. The next morning, he looked up at the Heart of Ubtao. Dwarves didn’t mind heights, as long as there was good, solid ground under them. But this was wrong. Earth shouldn’t float like this. Still, he and Kasqa climbed up the rope with the help of the tabaxis.

Athletics advantage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [8, 6]+6 = 14
Athletics advantage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [11, 19]+4 = 23


Finding the elven woman inside the Heart was a bit unusual. Angis understood Qawasha’s hesitancy. She was some kind of mage.

“We’re on the same mission, t’ find oot wot is causin’ this death curse,” Dellrack said. “Wot ‘ave ye foond oot?”

Insight on Valindra: Insight: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
History to know if Dellrack has heard of Valindra: History: 1D20 = [17] = 17

OOC: 30 points of goodberries available.


Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 35/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 1
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider


Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having grown impatient by waiting on the ground, Dellrak climbed to join the others. He missed the passing out of the wine, which was fine by him, but he caught the exchange between Qawasha and the elf as the tabaxi passed by him, looking around the interior of the Heart.

Valindra replied to Dellrak, "How fortuitous to find you on the same mission as I. My research has led me to believe that the cause of the plague is a creature called 'the Soulmonger' - a powerful outsider whose nature has been corrupted for such a purpose. I intend to capture this creature to study it and put things right. Of course, finding it has been an issue. Do you have any leads?"

The explanation satisfied Qawasha, though her presence here bothered him. He did not like her, but he had no reason to press the issue. Yet.
Rodrigo felt that she wasn't 'sorry' one bit, but otherwise took no issue with her explanation. She was obviously quick to anger, and that made a wizard dangerous.
The tabaxi were barely listening to the conversation. They were sniffing about. The cage smelled like human, rather than animal piss. And though they did not go near the doors, they could not help but notice that something dead, or perhaps even undead, was behind one of the doors. The elf herself smelled sweet. Perhaps too sweet. They had not known many elves, but in this heat, even elves tended to smell at least a little sweaty.
Hup'lo could not understand much of what was being said, but he watched the elf with a keen hunter's eye. As friendly and graceful as she was, she moved like an experienced predator. Every part of her was tense and ready.
There was an elf-wizard by that name that had been an Overlord of the Arcane Brotherhood. She had been responsible for summoning a Pit-Fiend that had killed Bruenor Battlehammer. She should be dead, and with this 'Withering Disease', anyone who'd been resurrected should be sick or dying. Unless they were undead. This thought reminded Dellrak that he'd heard that she was an ally of the most famous undead wizard of all - the Lich-King of Thay. Perhaps she too, was this sort of undead wizard. The thought terrified and disgusted the dwarf. Watching her, he thought that this could be the same elf. Every action was far too practised to be natural.
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Hup'lo stidies the woman for a moment, realizing suddenly that they have stumbled upon a dangerous situation he speaks quietly into Qawasha's ear in his native tongue and then turns to leave the crowded interior.

"Be cautious wise one. You are as the lynx, stalking a panther."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sits in front of the woman, nodding as the others present their questions. She holds the cup of iced wine in her hand elegantly. There is no look of surprise on her face when she hears of the Soulmonger, but she purses her lips when asked for leads.

"Our leads have brought us here, as it turns out," she says casually. It's not an accusation, though someone might take it as one if they were looking to take offense. "We discovered the tracks of a group of soldiers, perhaps orcs, that were travelling through the jungle. They led here and then seemed to go away." Miss Imogen does not mention the smaller footprints, that she presumes belong to Valindra.

"They marched with purpose -- and we presume they came here as a landmark. Did you see them at all?" Miss Imogen asks, enjoying the cool feel of the goblet in hr palm.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh, I have not come here alone," admitted Valindra to Miss Imogen, "Those are, perhaps, the footprints of my mercenaries who are searching for clues as to the whereabouts of the Soulmonger. I have just this morning, sent a group south. Have you been to the south?"

OOC: In case you don't remember, regardless of what you tell her, you have come from the north.
 

Fradak

Explorer
Chrysagon installs an improvised camp under the floating island as he doesn't know how long his companions will stay up there. He throws some provisions to Harb then seizes the moment to fixes his broken armor. It's not everyday that you are trampled by a giant gorilla.
 

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Qawasha blinked at Hup'lo's warning.

"You say that the Soulmonger was corrupted for this purpose. This implies that the Soulmonger is a tool, a means to a end. Do you know whom is using the Soulmonger?"

Rodrigo's sense of alertness increased at that question. Qawasha had caught a subtlety that he had missed - the jungle had made him forget the training he had received in Waterdeed. Was that slip intentional or truly a slip. It did not bode well - the Soulmonger was not the true cause, and the wizardress was only interested in in the tool, not the primal cause. A sword might kill you, but the true culprit was the one who wielded it.

He scanned the room carefully.
perception in the heart of Utabo: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
 


AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Upcoming Releases

Top