D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon was beginning to feel silly and self conscious as he took turns bowing before much of everything in the room. When he got to the faceless statue, he bowed, and as he began to stand, it appeared to him as if the statue nodded its head in response.

Everyone else stood waiting for him to finish, unsure of what to do.

OOC: Speaking of which, it's been awhile since @gnarlygninja Ghorrak & @Hades#2 Yassah chimed in. What are they up to? (No judgement - this type of stuff is apparently hard to play out by PBP. I'm not sure what the solution is yet, but I'm working on it.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Ghorrak continued to look for similarities between the warrior on the shield and the statues, but after drawing no conclusions and seeing Chrysagon appear to solve the riddle, he moved away so the paladin could interact with the shield. He made a silent vow to have as little to do with evil wizards as possible after dealt with the tomb.

Hades#2

Explorer
Yassah

"Interesssting!" Yassah commented as he noted the statue respond to the bowing.
Yassah walked over to the statue and examined it. Then, taking a chance, he knelt before it as a show of respect.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon watched the strange exchanged between Yassah and the faceless statue and wondered about the significance. It was possible that the statues would protect the treasure in the chamber but maybe, only maybe, they act of bowing to them would show sort of acknowledgement and the statue would not feel obliged to protect anything. Like acknowledging them as Masters?
Come on, he said to the others. Why don't you bow to the faceless statue too? It might help us when we investigate the room further.
I'm curious about the treasure.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen watches her companions interact with the statue. She is uncomfortable here, and Weed is pulling at her skirts.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm not bowing for a spirit in this place." Myrral finally turns away from studying the inscriptions
"Besides, it tells you not to bow to anyone." He climbs up on the wall the study the hole where the skeleton went.
"Take what you think is worth it and let us go from this place."

Ussal grows impatient with the group. He already counted the statues, cauldrons and the pillars. He had an urge to count to bones in the cauldrons which might take a while. Thus, he slithers further into the room coming in front of the nodding statue.

"I bow to no one, ssstone one. I lead thisss exsspedition. Bow before me!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Myrral scaled the wall to the dark hole where the skeleton had disappeared. There he found a long, cobweb-filled corridor with an alcove that appeared to have a large round oak table tucked into it. His cat's eyes spied a stoppered bottle sitting on the table covered in dust.

The skeleton must have escaped out a similar hole on the other end of the corridor, where there seemed to be another chamber.

While Myrral considered this, Ussal slithered over to the faceless stone statue and insisted that he would not bow, and that the statue should bow to him instead. The statue stood silent and still.

OOC: Anyone willing to disturb anything? The sarcophagus? The treasure on top of it? Should we leave? Let's try to get out of this unfortunate stall, shall we?

Remove ads