D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo rubbed his chin. He needed a shave.

"Interesting... although the fact that this task isn't time sensitive makes the choice easier. What about you Harb, did you find a mission?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Nothing so much as a lead on the potential source of the curse we have been brought in to investigate. An artifact of great power which is said to steal the life energy within it's proximity to amass power, potentially to rival a gods. It is called a 'Soulmonger'. Apparently it is late in it's cycle to be affecting the formerly deceased. Should it be allowed to continue for too long, it could sap all life in the affected region."

Squirrels are evil!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo's eyes widen in alarm. "By the gods!" He then leans in and in a much lower tone adds:

"How reliable is this source? It's the first time I've heard of this ... Soulmonger. If this is true, it's dire news indeed. We should pass this information to our contacts. Perhaps by the time we are done with our other mission, they will have discovered more information about this thing."

He shook his head and added "I really don't like the sound of this - granting the power of a god. This is likely to attract all sorts of attention from, well, power-hungry folks, willing to sacrifice others for their gain..."

He leaned back and took a deep drink of Tej. "I needed that. So... are we going on a jungle expedition, or are we looking for this Derio fellow?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I cannot know for certain, this may be based on a guess or false information and I have only Ms Silvane for a source. I shall send for more information from my order, though it may take some time to get back to us. In the meantime I suggest we follow any clues we can find. This mystery of missing people seems interesting. 'Death' is not known to call people to it, at least... Not in the manner described. Though, I sense that it may not be directly related to the curse."

Harb drank freely, or seemed to at least, in keeping with his cover. He acted drunk as well, but under the hood, his eyes were sharp with concentration.

Squirrels are evil!

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Dis do be grave," the dwarf said to the dire news that the Nameless one had discovered. As the two men talk Rodrigo asked a question about what they should do next, and the dwarf didn't wish to take the lead in any discussion like that, but he did have some advice.

"It usually do take a day or two to ready for any sort o'long expedition."
he says after a long pull of the dark beer. "Unless Miss M's guide be ready and at duh' gate, why not look into them disappearances, after setting a date to set out."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Everyone

As the group discussed their future plans, Soggy burst into the inn and came straight toward them, staggering and drunk as usual. He made a small scene, demanding that Harb's friend, 'Ace' owed him money, and insisted that Harb should find the guy so that Soggy could collect his money. After his tirade, Soggy grabbed someone's beer, (not the dwarf's), drained it, and said, "I wanna hear from you soon! and stormed out the front door. It was by far the unfriendliest anyone had seen him.

OOC: Translation: Artus Cimber has something that the Harpers want. The Wren wants Nameless to find him and considers it a priority.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well, Rodrigo replied, taking a very modest sip of the Tej, "Fort Bellurian is intriguing, but there is no urgency..."

Rodrigo looked up and furrowed his eyebrows at Soggy's aggressive interruption. He now knew this was an act... but he didn't quite like it. Besides, he had to act along didn't he? He shifted his position on the chair and put his hand on the hilt of his sword, as if he was ready to spring up and draw steel. Only when Soggy stagered out did he return to his normal - but alert - position.

He crabbed his cup again and added in a low tone "Well, it looks like we aren't quite yet ready to decide Miss Imogen, new information may be revealed. In the meantime, what do you think of Dellrak's proposal?"

As he brought the cup to his lip and took another faint sip, he made eye contact with Harb and then glanced towards Soggy's direction. Rodrigo was pretty confident that Harb had completely caught on, but he wanted Harb to know he understood as well.

Fradak

Explorer
Looking into his empty cup, "I didn't liked it anyway..."
"I think that we could follow the dying, they should lead us to Derio, where death call them. Dying people are often found in temples."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There are plenty of things we can do here in town. We don't need to go upriver just yet, I believe. If we do head to the jungle, and should we choose to go to Fort Belurian, I think the guide could be ready as soon as we were."

Remove ads