Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The muscled youth just grinned jariah's way.

"I'm FIRE," he boasted as he brushed by her on his way in. "I won't ever run out."

Case in point, more flames licked out to turn his cold iron 'bar' nice and glowy - so they could SEE, right? - oh, and he also produced a few smaller puffs to auto-light any torch or lantern people pulled out, of course.

OOC: Light cantrips all around, please, so any torch/lantern 'burns' with a flame that won't consume any material while the cantrip lasts.

G

Guest 11456

Fastus burns away the vines and then creates light for those that wish it. Then the group starts heading into the cave. Meanwhile Jakira delves deeper into the cavern. He can see that the brackish water appears to only be a few feet deep at the most. In order for him to get further this way he will need to cross through the water.

CURRENT MAP

Note: If you want a different order let me know. Also I am assuming the Nairo is staying outside at the moment.

jkason

First Post
Wireth squints a moment from the glare of the light spells. He gives a short whistle, calling Nairo down from his high lookout spiral, though he bids the bird stay to the rear of the group. His maneuverability will be impeded in a cave, and the half-orc has concerns about the creature's fragility.

He switches his weapon back to the double bladed orc weapon, then moves shoulder to shoulder with Sudrel, following the path the otherworldly feline is scouting.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg

After the young man’s boast, Jariah muttered wryly, “Yes, of course. Your magic is very impressive.”

She gestured to the right (west) and said, “We can check out the chamber that way while Jakira is looking down the other tunnel. So far he has not seen anything moving.”

Just in case she touched Suldrel and Wireth as she cast her cantrip to increase their competence temporarily.

JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Meanwhile Jakira kept exploring. He backed up a few steps and then moved quickly to gain momentum to leap over the water. He did not want his feet getting wet needlessly.

[sblock=Actions]Jariah, Guidance on Suldrel and Wireth

Jakira: Stealth +4 (Taking 10) & Perception +5 (Please roll for me if necessary)
Use 10ft running start for Taking 10 on Acrobatics +2 to jump over water. Beats DC10. Updated Map, but he will continue down the tunnel until he spots something new.[/sblock] [sblock=BinderFred]Actually you can only have one Light Cantrip/Orison per spell caster active. Casting it a second time, dispels the first casting.
[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +7
AC: 17, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 14 (chain shirt)
HP: 16 Current: 16
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +4
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 3/3 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv, Unfetter)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Acid Flask

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +5, Darkvision
AC: 20/22 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 18/20
HP: 22 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce, Evasion, Mage Armor (1196r)
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko waved the 'wackysachi' around a bit, but switched to her own shortsword. She liked the exoticness of the other blade, but it was so old...perhaps Fastus could fix it later though!

Sword at the ready, she paced forward at Fastus' side, squinting a little into the gloom beyond the radius of the light spells.

(movin' on up! And she has low-light-vision if that helps :))

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel advances into the other tunnel, holding the spike of his polearm forward. Once he rounds the corner hopefully the glare from the light incantation will stop interfering with his vision, which is suited just fine to darkened caves.

Updated Map

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
<Backtracking a bit:
"Uh..." Sometimes Fastus wasn't so sure he and Jariah were speaking the same LANGUAGE. (Like the bracer thing this morning, right?)

Should we try? his gaze asked Sachiko...
...who apparently was ALREADY moving towards the cave entrance! "Eh!"

The young man quickly looked between the two women, one getting farther away with each breath, then quickly offered: "Uh... Most people LIKE IT when you care about their pain. Right?" Or something... "Couldn't you pretend?"

That seemed to work for HIM, sometimes... "Eh, wait up!"

And then he too was hustling to catch up.

---

Jariah muttered wryly, “Yes, of course. Your magic is very impressive.”
Fastus obviously heard though, and looked back, blinking...

Then he nodded, white of his teeth flashing in the gloom. "Did you roll your eyes?" he whispered to her - because SNEAKING, right? - "It feels WAY better if you roll your eyes too."

OOC: Fastus will follow Suldrel (+ Wireth?) to the right... Unless told otherwise?

Assuming he gets there with no reactions from inside, I suggest we all push on to the entrance of the small cave? Like so: Updated Map?

[sblock=Light]
you can only have one Light Cantrip/Orison per spell caster active. Casting it a second time, dispels the first casting.
Ah? Then make that: Spark cantrips all around, to light any torch or lantern. (Although so far it looks like Fastus is holding the only light?)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jakira leaps across the water and notes that the damp conditions almost caused him to slip as he leaps (+2 to all acrobatics check DCs). He can see that the cavern continues further but that he will need to make another jump to clear the water once more.

Meanwhile Jariah casts her cantrip on Suldrel and Wireth. Then Suldrel starts to head down the smaller passage, followed by Wireth who is followed by Fastus and his light spell.

CURRENT MAP

Shayuri

First Post
"Jariah," Sachiko urged, "Let me go ahead of you. So I can keep you safe and so Fastus doesn't get to kill everything before I can get in there!"

Remove ads