Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth looked around at the village and wondered why they were still here. After all, they had killed or defeated most, if not all, of the goblins. Surely Sandpoint would be a lot safer now. Fastus and the others seemed determined to find and eliminate all the goblins. This seemed to be excessive in her opinion but reasoned the others might know more about this sort of thing than she did. It was possible the goblins had a fast breeding rate much like rabbits, and that would pose a risk to everyone in the area if they left any goblins alive.

Looking at where Fastus indicated, she squinted to see how she could possibly target anything.

"I cannot guarantee my magic will be effective. My current knowledge of such things is limited and as such, my spells require targets."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah followed after the elf dragging the unconscious goblin and saw the others clustered around the last building they had yet to enter. She was glad that Wireth had at least convinced them to not use fireworks to burn things up yet.

She announced, "We have our prisoner to question... What's going on here?"

She couldn't really tell what Fastus and them were doing exactly, but it was probably more complicated than it needed to be.

Jariah asked, "Are you all worried about more goblins inside? We did just defeat over a score of them, so if there a even a few hiding inside, they would hardly be that much of a danger. Otherwise they would have answered the dead goblin's knocking during the battle."

"If you all are really worried about it, I have an idea. If someone can make a hole in a wall or door were we can see inside, I can summon creatures inside to deal with anything in there waiting."

Jariah reminded them all, "We still need to collect goblin ears, they are worth ten gold coins for each. But they must be relatively fresh, you know. And we also have to pay back for the healing potions we used."

"Then, Chief Gutwad needs to be identified and something tells me he has not been found yet amongst those we have already faced. His head is worth three hundred gold coins."

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 0/2 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 4
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce,
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

The ladder goes up to about the same level as the walkways. Fastus looks for something where he expects a door to be from his vantage point on the ladder but finds nothing. Sachiko peers up at where Fastus was searching. From her vantage point on the ground she finds nothing either.

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel finds a spot to drop the 'prisoner' and then heads back up onto the walkway to retake what he figures is the most advantageous position if something comes out of the hut. "So, are we burning it down, or do we crack it open and see what oozes out? If you are convinced something is there, leave one guard and the rest of us should prepare for a frontal assault."

OOC: Updated Map

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"There's GOT to be something there," assured Fastus with utterly unreasoned conviction as he slid back down the ladder. "You're better than any of us at these kind of sneaky things, Sachi. YOU go have a look... Please?"

Then, upon Jariah telling them of her abilities: "You can?" marveled the blacksmith. "That's so USEFUL. Uh... Don't have an auger though. Wireth's axe maybe? Or- OR, I could forge the end of my mace into a crowbar. Pry some of those stick-things clean off, right?"

Shayuri

First Post
"I dunno," Sachiko says to Fastus dubiously. "I don't see anything from here. And it'd be kind of weird to have a secret door that has a ladder leading straight to it. Look, we're making this harder than we need to. Lets just put the thing to the torch and see what spills out."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah looked hard at Fastus and Sachiko, "No. No burning anything until we know what is inside."

She moved up onto the walkway with Suldrel with Jakira.

Jariah motioned towards the doors and wall of the hut. "Suldrel, I only need to be able to see inside. A crack or small hole is enough. Would you mind just doing it with your polearm and we can settle this?"

Jakira grumbled, "You arrre gonna send me away again."

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 0/2 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 4
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce,
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"I suppose, but if we are going to crack this open we should all get into position first - as a precaution," notes Suldrel. "With the limited space, Elsbeth and Wireth should take up positions for ranged combat, with spell or bow," he says, pointing to broken walkway and area in front of the door. "Vantages might not be ideal, but it will have to do. Fastus should hold back so he can reinforce either us on this walkway or those standing there, in case whatever is in here decides to make a run for it or is otherwise able to get past us. My sister should be close behind us, just far enough back to keep an eye on the area here in case there is something to that ladder. And as for us, perhaps your um, cat, would be best suitable to sneaking a peak. In case of more explosives."

OOC: Suggested Positions

jkason

First Post
Wireth shrugs, swapping his axe for his bow, snagging his mis-fired arrow from the ground where it fell and knocking it and settles where indicated.

"I don't much care how we get anyone out, so long as we get to it. Something scared them enough to cower in their homes, and I'm not keen to find out what it was by having it wander in on us. If Jariah can gangpile whoever's in there without are letting it out, that seems like as good a plan as any to me. Plus, no giant smoke plume to draw the attention of scavenging other goblin tribes or ... whatever might have scared this lot."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I'm staying here," called Fastus from the rear of the big hut. "They'll come SPILLING OUT the secret passage, you'll see!" To Sachi and Elli he added: "It's weirder to have a ladder that leads to NOTHING. So there!"

Updated Map

Remove ads