[IC] Return of the Runelords

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael answers, "Why not? This is a dangerous business and you never can tell if you are going to make it one adventure to the next. Let's dine and live a little."

G

Guest 11456

The four of you (Teea and Mei are notably absent from the festivities) decide to eat dinner at the Rampant Reefclaw. The meal is a bit pricy but the place lives up to its reputation and provides a delicious meal. All total that bill was 12gp, 2sp, 3cp. That leaves you with 1037gp, 7sp, 7cp, before any other expenses. Any other equipment can be bought at Cove Armory for the normal price. Post any thing else you want to purchase. We will soon move on to the next morning unless there is any other business.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Drath came in resplendant black robe with no-nonsense polished black staff (which the party easily recognizes as the same travel-dusty staff from earlier, but made presentable. His hair and beard were clean and combed, maybe even oiled given the lush shine. His manners at the table are impeccable and he seems to know a lot of history of the area from personal experience.

One thing that comes across clearly is his hatred of undead. And fascination with the runes of power.

OOC: I will spend some money on new robes of at least fine quality (need to check the prices since I don't have party funds yet). He came dressed like the envoy of the dwarves he is :)

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
In preparation for a night of dining Shendra requests a hot bath be drawn up. She had used a basin in her room to clean up before, but the oracle wanted to be at her finest for the evening's meal. As befitting a woman of stature her preparations took some time, and perhaps tested the patience of her companions a little. But when she emerged from her room in the vividly red dress and silver and ruby jewels she had purchased in the Circle, that lustrous black hair bound in two places along its length and draped over her shoulder, Shendra was a sight to behold. "No need to stare," she said a bit coyly as she made her way out the door and to the modest carriage she had summoned so to spare the hem of her new clothes from the mud and the dirt of the streets.

Shendra savoured every bite of her meal that night, prepared personally by the Reefclaw's famous Unli Jevers, and every sip of the fine wine they had ordered with their meal. The night was not without some trials and mishaps; in this fancy and well to do establishment the whispers in her mind were very loud and persistent, and at one moment when she had let her guard down her fork slipped from her fingers, bounced off her plate, and skittered onto the floor, almost as if swatted by an invisible hand. But she politely laughed it off and waited patiently as a replacement utensil was delivered to the table. The conversation with her companions was good, and overhearing all of the little intrigues in town, was exciting as well.

But still there was one small voice that tugged at her that night, leaving her with a quiet feeling of unease, one easily concealed by her practiced expressions. Lunysh, the voice whispered. It was her conscience, her self. The bill for this merriment would be an appreciable share of all the monies she had thus far diverted to her family in Magnimar since her, well, "accident" . There was a familiar pang of guilt and sadness underneath her surface of her outward appearance. Maybe, once they had divvied up their haul properly, she would be able to arrange another anonymous delivery to her most estranged husband...

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael comes back looking embarrassed from having to sell his old set of worn armor, but he is now looking like a professional warrior for a change. "I thought I'd trade in the ol' breastplate for a new set of banded mail. Maybe we can reduce using up some of those charges from the wand if I can better avoid getting smacked around."

OOC: How much to sell the old 200gp breastplate? Banded mail costs 250 gp.

G

Guest 11456

As you gather the next morning, someone new has joined you. A young female human introduces herself as Michelle Tell, a cousin of Teea's. She lets you know that Teea has decided not to rejoin the group. Teea seems to have had enough excitement to last a while. She also tells you that Mei has also decided to pursue other things and won't be joining you either. Michelle nods to her uncle Michael. What are your plans for the day?

Scotley

Hero
Teodor looks over the newcomer then turns away blushing slightly afraid he might be rude. "Um, we need figure some things out I guess. There is the matter of the mapmaker."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"All my family members coming out of the wood work these days," Michael says with a grin. "It's been good to see you, cousin. Welcome to the team!"

OOC: Sorry... I've been busy with COVID response.

Kaodi

Hero
"Yes," says Shendra politely, offering greetings to Michelle. "Would I be mistaken to think your peculiar names share the same root?" she then asks. "No matter, I suppose. As long as I have known her Teea has had a penchant for experimenting with strange powders and weapons. I do not suppose your own talents are similarly outlandish?"

When they are finished with pleasantries the oracle suggests, "Supposedly the Port-Governor is available for meeting this morning. Once we have addressed the painting we recovered from Roderic's home we can inquire as to the extent of Cove Hall's public archives."

Remove ads