D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus rubbed the stubble on his chin. “Could we sow dissent between the dragon and the cult? Get them to attack each other, so there is less we have to deal with?”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"White dragons are always prone to violence, and nothing stays sane when it is made undead. And I have avoided joining the Cult of the Dragon myself because I have never found them to be reasonable." shrugged Maccath, "It may be possible. But both parties are more likely to be suspicious of you than each other, already having formed an alliance."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Alas, nothing cements a friendship like a mutual enemy. Maybe if we sic the trolls on the cultists? I'm not sure they could be convincing actors. Though they might make a useful distraction to give us an opportunity to strike. On our terms."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Maccath nodded at Mord's suggestion, "That might be a good idea. I would not entirely trust the trolls to follow through with their agreement to attack the Dragon, whereas they would be very happy, I think, to kill some cultists. In addition, there are two ways I have seen to enter the lair. The main tunnel, used by the trolls, kobolds, and cultists, is back the way you came and down the circular corridor. There is also a back-way in, and it is in the cavern behind this one. It is only used by some kobolds, and myself. It is small enough that a troll could get stuck, but large enough for a smaller group to enter the lair by that way."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I think we have the beginnings of a plan then. And I'm pretty sure the trolls have a particular loathing for the people that 'Necromunched' their dragon. Do you feel up to joining us in battle? Or shall we 'collect' you on the way out?

Fradak

Explorer
That was a lot of talking and, waiting for the adult to take a decision, Lorenn yawned. But then he looked around him... All those scrolls and shiny things... And before he even thought about it, his invisible mage hand was already crawling under the tables. The trickster went out to "check if Alhana is ok" and casted a detect magic spell, then used Echo eyes, who's still in the shelter, to detect anything magical that Maccath could... spare. If we kill the Dracolich, she wouldn't need all those things anyway.

OOC: If you are ok, Lorenn casts Detect Magic as a ritual, if the talking may take 10 minutes. If not, then he just takes what looks nice. He searches for magic scrolls, mainly. Tell me what rolls you need.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"If I am going to be leaving soon, then I should like to finish my work here, as best I can." insisted Maccath, "And I have no desire to fight a dragon, magnificent as they are, even one that has been so terribly corrupted."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn scratched his chin, and rasped "The beginning of a plan quite. And if we can't get the cultists and the dragon to help, getting the trolls to stop supporting the dragon ... it's not quite divide and conquer, but close enough. There is one other faction though - the Kobolds. We had a fight with them, but I'm not sure how many are left... They are pretty pathetic, but not so pathetic we can ignore them in a fight, they could be a serious distraction.

Any idea how many there are?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"There is only a few dozen. Perhaps as many as thirty." said Maccath, "Kobolds do not do very well in this cold."

Imani's agents calculated that they had (figuratively) decimated the kobolds. If Maccath's information was correct, there could not be more than ten kobolds left. Possibly less.

While the discussion was going on, Lorenn was subtly eyeing the things on Maccath's desk.

OOC: Okay, There is a Tome on her desk that gives off a strange magical aura, and a scroll tucked closer to her that is definitely a spell-scroll. They are about equally hard to steal (the tome is obvious and she has the scroll close on purpose) requiring a dc16 sleight-of-hand check. I assume you have Mage Hand Legerdemain (rogue ability). Primus will notice if you take the scroll if you roll under 19 (his passive) and he'll notice if you take the tome if you roll under 24 (it's right there on the table in front of him). Most of the others are 14 or 15 passive. We'll talk about them if you fail the roll.

Remove ads