D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus & Enseth

Titus the Wolf leapt up at the gates and bounced off, making only a light thumping noise. Enseth, on the other hand, made a loud crashing noise as he tried to throw open the gates himself. The goblins' wedge held, and the doors remained closed. The two goblins on the bridge called for backup while furiously trying to get the bridge to burn.

OOC: Yikes. Those are some bad rolls. Others can try, or they can shoot through the window. (Dandin could fit through the window, if he wants to be on the other side.)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin winces as first Titus and then Enseth bounce off of the door. He looked at the setup with a quizzical eye and then shrugged.

"Can somebody give me a boost? Maybe I can open it from the other side. Er, and maybe shooting a few arrows to make those goblins think twice about their strategy?"

With a quick boost, Dandin squeezes through the window and drops into a crouch to take a look at the door.

OOC: If it's something he can easily remove he will. If not, he'll draw his rapier and charge the goblins.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Squeezing through the little window, Dandin landed on the top of the bridge-ramp. He spotted the trouble immediately and yanked the bent metal spikes out from under the gates. Satisfied, he opened the gates to let the others through. By this time, the goblins had seen him and were moving up the ramp. Averiel dashed along a branch of the tree she had climbed and jumped over to the narrow ledge of the upper bailey's palisade. She saw Dandin and she sent some covering fire.

OOC: I am out so I will put her arrows on my next post when I get home. Gate is Open.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi has primed three stones, and is ready to burst through the doors. He's sore, but ready. Gutter is hanging from his belt, its horrific deformed handle visible across Tommi's belly.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Nothing happens as the Daggerfordians bump against the gate. It's only when Dandin is pushed through the hole that the gate is opened, and Tommi worries about his friend as he begins to run.

He launches a stone at the nearest goblin he can, and then runs south, towards the boats, wanting to catch them before any of the villagers are taken away for good.

OOC: Move: 30' through the gate and south.
Bonus: Dash, another 30'.
Attack (at convenient point along that movement), at a goblin. Ideally one that is setting a bridge on fire, and better yet if it is adjacent to an ally. (I can't see where or what that would be from this map).
To hit: [roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1], plus [roll2] if possible.

Tommi swings his sling, but finds the rock can't even stay in the saddle, as it tumbles uselessly to the ground.

OOC: strategy: This is just a suggestion, but with three major groups (church, tree, docks), and the leader being at the docks, I think that has to be the first target. If we can clean that up quickly, then the leader is down. If reinforcements come, they'll be from the tree, and that leaves that group of villagers undefended. If the goblins at the tree stay with those villagers, then there are no reinforcements.

I think we don't want stealth (true?), since we want to pull the gobs away from the villagers. If we secure the dock, kill the leader, I think we have our best chance. Feel free to offer alternatives, if you think this analysis is incorrect).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Just so you know, the Bridge is about 60 feet long, sloping downward. Even double-moving Tommi would only just reach the goblins. There won't be any allies there yet. I can't imagine how anyone else would get there before Tommi. Edit: Except maybe ORB4. I had forgotten how fast its speed is. Morwin could do it too, but he would have to double-move. Turns out ORB4 could get to either goblin and still use the "Help" action.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus races across the bridge to the nearest goblin, snarling at them.

OOC: Gotta do something. I’ve got a 40 ft speed, so I can make it to them, but I can’t attack till next turn. I’ll move 40 and dodge.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Titus' Round One action was attacking the gate. The goblins were always expecting the possibility of trouble from the upper bailey, so there's no surprise here. Edit: You can let me know what you want Morwin to do, though.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Ah. Right. Silly me.

Morwin will fly overhead, just another flying thing nobody pays attention to, keeping an eye on things. He’ll take the Dodge Action.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi & Averiel vs Goblin1

As the goblins began to move toward Dandin, Tommi ran past him, dropping his sling-stone. Averiel gave them both covering fire from her perch on the palisade, striking one arrow into one of the goblin arsonists. The goblin squeaked, but it was only wounded.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin1 4 (Averiel's Arrow);
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
Averiel's arrows vs Goblin1
2#1d20+5: 2 # 18 [1d20=13] 6 [1d20=1]
2#1d6+2: 2 # 4 [1d6=2] 6 [1d6=4]
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I'll just have Angis dash after Tommi so we can move on...

Angis & Goblin2 & 3

As Tommi ran down the bridge alone, Angis thought Ach laddie, yuir gonna get yuirself killed f'shuir. So he ran after Tommi as fast as his dwarven legs could take him. He saw two more goblins, who had been in a dark lane between buildings, run out into the firelight. One slung a stone at Tommi, striking him in the cheek, while the other ran up the bridge to engage the boy with a spear.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) None;
(PCs) Tommi 3 (G3's Sling Stone);
(NPCs) None
[Sblock=Notes]
Goblin3 Sling Stone vs Tommi
1d20+4: 15 [1d20=11]
1d4+2: 3 [1d4=1]
[/sblock]

Remove ads