• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Fradak

Explorer
"Of course, Brother Drui.

We are the new alliance of Phalorm en route to save the people of the Shining River. An adventuring company gathered to fight against Maglubiyet and his servant, Khugorbaeyag the Overseer who is forming a goblin-host... And some Red Wizards. I could demonstrate this last assertion but it would be too long.

Would you like to know more? "

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Snake thanked Helmick and walked out of the herb-shop with his two healing potions, starting to purr the same song to himself. He always liked the mornings, the whole day still lay ahead of him and that made him feel good.

After a little while he rejoined with the others and was quite surprised at the crowd that had gathered to see them off. He didn’t quite understand why. But the confusion faded as soon as they hit the farm roads and their journey had begun.

Snake listen’s to Dandin and nods his head, “I can do magic too. I don’t seem to be able to label and control it as well as you seem too but when I think hard enough I can throw fire or do other minor things. I will keep your secret though, some people think weird things, give weird looks.”

Snake grabbed a weed from the ground and gave it a sniff, he wrinkled his nose and through it back to the ground.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The more everyone spoke of magic, the more Lionel felt out if his depth. he couldn't cast spells; he could cut carrots. As the walls of Daggerford began to fade from view, he stopped suddenly and said: "I can't do this. I'm sorry. Good luck! Stay safe!"

He tossed his friend Tommi his healing potion, and he waved as he said, "My mother needs me in the kitchen."

He ran back down the road toward town, red-faced from embarrassment. When he was out of sight of the others, he stopped and shed a tear.

OOC: River Song has dropped out.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi catches the potion, and it takes a second to process his friend won't be coming with the.

"Lionel, no," he says simply, as the halfling departs.

"I might need you," he adds, after he is gone. He slips the potion into his bag.

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus has remained silent most of the time, watching and wondering.

When Lionel left, he wondered if he should go, as well. It wasn't that he was afraid of the fight ahead. Far from it. But after nearly dying, he couldn't help but wonder what he could accomplish if he set his sights on things other than combat.

"I know some magic as well," he said, as he watched Lionel disappear behind them. "Rituals, mostly. Small things. Not much that will help should we meet an enemy on the road, but I'm learning..."

He turned away from Lionel, continuing on with the others. For good or I'll, he would go forward. For now.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin was startled at his friend's sudden departure. He had been about as surprised when Lionel had decided to join the fight the previous night. But in the end, maybe this was a good thing. Dandin wasn't entirely sure about the risk he was taking. But at least in his case, it was a business investment of sorts. Lionel? Well he was the only son of the Hardcheese family, and Wilhelmina would probably run herself ragged worrying about him out here. This would take quite a weight off of her shoulders.

Putting it out of his mind for now, Dandin looked forward, urging Hanar onward. He had a cart to drive.

Squirrels are evil!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack
Daggerford
Morning
Round 0

Angis watched Lionel run off with a mixture of sadness and resignation. The taciturn dwarf took a breath and nodded, tugging at his beard.

“‘Tis f’r the best,” he said. “If anyone else doesnae ‘ave the ‘eart f’r this, noo’s the time t’ gae back. The rest need t’ be able t’ rely on ye if it comes t’ a fight. Ye all did fairly well on the river, but this’ll be a diff’rent thing.”

When no one else spoke, the dwarf nodded and turned back lead down the trail.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Lionel Hardcheese - halfling rogue folk hero, son of the local tavern owner (Happy Cow)
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human fighter waterdhavian noble
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
ORB1

Enseth activated his recall function and ORB1 appeared in his chest compartment.

[sblock=ORB1 REPORT]
Mission: Find "Them" (Definition: Primary: Thayans, Goblinoids; Secondary: Other threats (see list))

Mission Log:

Hour 0.0 Report: Leave Daggerford at speed 6mph; follow river (ID: Delimbiyr); Topography: Farmland.
Hour 0.6 Report: Spot: burnt homesteads. (Q: Goblinoids? A:Unconfirmed) Begin area sweep, circular search pattern.
Hour 0.9 Report: Spot: Bugbears (ID: Goblinoids!) occupying farmstead. Logged.
(Q: Mission complete? A: Incomplete. More "Them" to be found).
Hour 1.1 Report: Increase speed to 9mph (self scan: healthy) follow river
Hour 1.8 Report: Reach Topography: Cliff-to-Hills (ID: Sword Hills); slow to 3mph, circular search pattern.
Hour 2.6 Report: Watchtower (Condition: Disrepair). Noise. Stealth mode activated. Spot: Orcs (Secondary Threat Logged)
Hour 3.0 Report: Continue mission at speed 6mph; Topography: Sword Hills
Hour 5.6 Report: Reach Topography: Forest (ID: Unknown; Speculation: Misty Forest extension North of river)
Hour 5.7 Report: Begin Search pattern: zig-zag (Warning! Avoid trees!) slow to 3mph
Hour 8.8 Report: Spot: Encampment (ID: Elves) (Q: Threat? A: Medium to Low) Conclusion: Elves would drive-off goblinoids. Therefore "them" are not to be found here.
Hour 8.9 Report: Continue mission at speed 9mph; Avoid trees by flying over-river. South Bank: Sword Hills. North Bank: Forest.
Hour 9.4 Report: Spot: Boat! (Q: Goblinoids? A: Confirmed!) Pursue in stealth mode. Boat travel: Upriver
Hour 10.0 Report: Recall activated.
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The old Dwarf road was not hard for Angis to follow, in spite of it's stones being taken and reused for other purposes by the human farmers many generations past. Still, the road was wide and flat, and still used to connect the farmland. The occasional bridge spanning streams still showed their dwarven foundations, even though their upkeep had been taken by humans. Humans who had been here a long time, by their own reckoning.

The people were generally warm and friendly, and the group passed fields of workers and the occasional ox-cart. The people smiled and waved and offered good-days, in spite of the strange make-up of the group before them.

OOC: ORB1 could lead you to the Bugbears at the farmstead in about an hour. It's only a little ways out of your way while following the old Dwarf road.

eayres33

Explorer
“It’s a good day to be walking,” Snake said to no one in particular as he chewed on a piece of grass. “These are good people; they seem kind I am glad we are helping.”

Snake looked around his tail ticking back and forth slowly, “If I’m being honest, I may not have been paying that close of attention at the dinner, and. . .” Snake paused for a moment his whiskers twitching. “Where exactly are we walking to?”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads