• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is wearing armour, of course, the studded leather fitting him well, even if the set he owned was slightly ostentatious, and was monogrammed for another man, a passing noble who never picked up his order. Tommi appears to be unarmed. His lute dandles on his back as long as it's not raining, jostled by his half-empty pack; if they stop for a rest, he tries playing a few chords, but he's not especially musical. He has good walking shoes, but for the most part appears unconcerned with the danger in front of him. He's telling stories and occasionally stopping to pick up a nice stone and putt in his pocket.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack
Daggerford
Morning
Round 0

Angis took point as they headed out of Daggerford, his pack full of his normal supplies. He knew the area well, and the river was easy enough to follow. Once they got to the ridge and the Sword Hills where civilization ended it would be a different story. The goblin camp would likely be somewhere in the hills, but the bluffs would leave fewer places along the river that would be useful for such an encampment, so it would narrow where they needed to search.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Lionel Hardcheese - halfling rogue folk hero, son of the local tavern owner (Happy Cow)
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human fighter waterdhavian noble
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin offers to let anyone ride the cart who needs a break from walking. It was small by most humanoids perspective, but as of yet wasn't heavily loaded. There was quite a bit of room inside for storage or perhaps a passenger or two, depending on their size. The only permanent fixture was a locked chest that kept the majority of Dandin's property which he didn't particularly wish to carry about adventuring. He wore the same suit of studded leather armor he normally wore only nos it wasn't hidden under his customary tunic. The rapier and sling at his side have been freshly cleaned and oiled, though don't show many signs of any real use.

As they get farther away from the city and away from prying ears, Dandinspeaks up. "I didn't want to talk about this where people could hear. Some of you may have noticed, but I have mastered a few tricks of magic which should be of use. I would be glad to explain now that we are away from town, but don't want it widely known that I'm a spellcaster. It's bad for business when people suspect you of bewitching them. I don't, of course, but the suspicion can be disruptive in negotiations. Of course, it does help me find(detect magic) and discern(identify) magical items on the rare occasion."

"Anyways, here is a basic list of things I can do. Cause groups of creatures to fall into a slumber(sleep). I think that is my most dramatic spell, and seemed to work well the other night. I can also understand languages that I don't actually know(Comprehend Lang), even written ones. And I think I just learned some sort of bravery spell(Heroism). Those are all very draining and I can't do them more than a few times a day. I can use two others, pretty much as I like though. One is to make objects or sounds that aren't really there(minor illusion), and the other is... (Vicious)Mockery. It may sound silly, but I ran one of those greenskins off by taunting it. That said, please keep this as secret as possible. My business depends on it!"

Squirrels are evil!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack
Daggerford
Morning
Round 0

Angis eyes the halfling merchant as he explained what he could do. “Aye, lad. Yuir secret’s safe wi’ me,” he promised. “I dae a wee bit o’ spellcastin’ meself. I c’n mark a target sae I can track it, an’ I can dae a mite o’ ‘ealin’. But mostly I use me axes.”

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Lionel Hardcheese - halfling rogue folk hero, son of the local tavern owner (Happy Cow)
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human fighter waterdhavian noble
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi listens to Dandin's confession. It's news to him, of course, but he knows how to keep a secret. He makes eye contact and taps the side of his nose, nodding.

Fradak

Explorer
Draped with a brown fabric to avoid metallic sheen, Enseth listen to the conversation.
"Ho, I see. I beg your pardon, Maester illusionist, for calling you Maester Illusionist on repeated occasions in public. It's make perfect sense to me, now.
Don't worry, I have a discretion setting and I'll lower my honesty parameter to 90.
I learned that absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings."

Searching the sky, "But what bothers me is that ORB1 hasn't come back, yet..."

Archon Basileus

First Post
The priest follows the group in silence. He offers no explanation, and asks for none in return. His concerns are mainly driven towards those he last saw on the battlefield. Clearly, they were all safe and sound, and that comforted him. He watched as Angis took point and quietly heard the merchant's confession, admiring his care and wisdom. Slowly, though, he approached the first person to fight with him shoulder-to-shoulder. Chewing a piece of tobacco, he slides to Enseth's side as he listens to his complaints about ORB1... Whatever it may be.

Fradak

Explorer
"Master Drui! Joy is a new thing to me but I think it is what your presence among us brings to my artificial heart.

To tell you the truth, I was not very confident about your chances of survival, the other night on the south bank...

All things considered, I should lower my honesty parameter a little bit more."

Archon Basileus

First Post
"Master Drui! Joy is a new thing to me but I think it is what your presence among us brings to my artificial heart.

To tell you the truth, I was not very confident about your chances of survival, the other night on the south bank...

All things considered, I should lower my honesty parameter a little bit more."

Drui is unable to avoid a hearty laugh, after the machineman's observations.

"I wasn't sure myself, Enseth... And-uh... Drop the master, will you?" - he spits to the side, leaving most of the tobacco behind. He wasn't used to any sort of emotional displays - at least, not those directed towards him. Enseth's disjointed concern and fumbled honesty made him oddly comfortable, though, as if the warforged's careful social interactions were familiar to him. "Care to update me?" - he asks, encouraged by Enseth's concerns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads