• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend

End Round One Zero; Begin Round One

GM: Okay, you STILL have surprise. (The guard has seen Morwin, but he's more distracted by him than alerted.)
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Angis (P13) AC14 HP 20/20
Dandin (O13) AC14(16) HP 19/19
Drui (U15) AC14 HP 19/19
Enseth (Y15) AC19*(21) HP 14/14
Morwin (L11) AC12 HP 5/5
ORB1 (I1) AC11 HP 1/1
Snake (K15) AC16 HP 13/13
Titus (S13) AC18* HP 20/20
Tommi (J13) AC14 HP 15/15
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Enemies]
Bugbear1 (J7)
Bugbear2 (F5)
Bugbear3 (S6)
Bugbear4 (W6)
[/sblock]

Farm1.png

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin slips up next to Tommi, gives him a quick wink and then walks out into the open, whistling as if he's just out on a stroll. He glances at the Bugbear and gasps audibly before starting to 'run away'.

OOC: Trying to draw the bugbear closer for a better ambush.

Deception to look like an innocent passerby finding himself in a bad place. [roll0]

Squirrels are evil!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi loads a stone and whips it as soon as he has the hobgoblin in sight. He then continues to sprint towards the well, whereupon he attempts to hide in the bushes.

OOC: Move: to D13 (which gives nightlines for the door at m8).
Action: Attack with magic stone. [roll[1d20+5[/roll]. If a hit, damage = [roll0]. No sneak attack because no advantage.
Bonus: (cunning action) Hide in bushes. [roll1].

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin, Tommi, & Drui

Dandin slipped out from behind the farmhouse and began to run down the road. If the bugbear fell for his ruse or not was hard to say, but the big hairy goblin began to bang on his shield and shout while chasing the halfling down the road. As he came closer to the corner of the farmhouse, Tommi ran past him, hitting him in the cheek with a sling stone.

Then there was a noise that could only be made by a charging Dwarf as Drui ran as fast as his short legs could carry him, heading straight toward the Bugbear. The hairy creature turned that way as Tommi ran for the bushes behind him.

GM: The Bugbear is "technically" not supposed to get to move while surprised, but I think that would be a bit weird in this scenario, and I doubt any of you will mind. I hope I got what Archon Basileus wanted with Drui. Just moving up. Tommi can't quite make the bushes this turn, but you can have the roll next turn when he has more movement.
Gone: (PCs) Dandin, Tommi, Drui; (BGs) Bugbear1
Damage Taken: (PCs) None; (BGs) Bugbear1 9

OOC: A placement update for those who haven't gone:

Farm1up.png

Fradak

Explorer
Hearing the shield banging, Enseth concluded that the stealth approach was over and his presence would not be an impairment for the adventuring company progression anymore.

"Target in sight. ORB1, engage."

Waiting for ORB1 to get into position, Enseth progresses in order to get a clear shot to the Bugbear. Then, as the drone starts his harassment, Enseth opens his rack and throws a javelin to the goblinoid.

"Woops, I'm sorry. Is anybody hurt?"
Mentally, Enseth prepares his next assault, learning from his mistakes. "Correction, 5 right . Ready ORB1?"

OOC:
Movement: S17 (or anywhere at 30ft of the gob)
Action: Ready
Reaction: Throw Javelin on Bugbear: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [4, 2]+5 = 9
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6

ORB1
Movement: Move to Bugbear on I12
Action: Help
Movement: Move verticaly to be out of range with any movement left.

4 and a 2, what can you do? ;)

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 14/14 HD: 2/1d8+1d6
AC: 19 (21 shield of faith)
PP: 14
=============
Arcane Devices: Tier 1: 2/3
Concentration: Bless
War Priest: 2/2
Arcane Recovery: 1/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 4/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 198 gp, 9 sp.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Snake crouched behind the tree as the bugbear ran after Dandin, Snake could not quite figure out what the man was doing. Well the bugbear probably does not like getting burnt, I know I don’t Snake thought to himself before he threw a bolt of fire at the beast.

OOC:
Snake reaches out from behind the tree fires a firebolt at the Bugbear before backing off to M17

Snake Firebolt attack on Bugbear: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

Bugbear damage if hit: 1D10 = [3] = 3

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
Initiative: +3
Speed 30 ft
Climb: 20 ft
HP 8/8
Hit Dice: 1d6
Size: medium
Dagger +5 to hit 20/60 1d4+3
Sling +5 to hit 30/120 1d4+3