D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi hacked at the orc's hands with Gutter, hoping to stop the brute from climbing the crumbling cliff, but the orc kept coming. Tommi tried to run away, but the orc chased him. He ducked into some bushes under a tree, but the orc hacked at the brush with his axe, sending splinters and sticks showering over Tommi.

The houndmaster kicked one of his dogs while ordering a nearby orc to wake the other - the dogs were up quickly and the houndmaster and his beasts rushed to meet the line of Daggerfordians. Angis held off the snapping jaws with his axe while drawing another. Dandin stepped back as the other dog leapt off the bridge to scramble at him, barking.

The big orc houndmaster took a large sword in two hands and swung it mightily at poor Escella, who took a nasty blow to her shoulder.

GM:
(Allies)
Angis did 9 (axe) damage to Dog2
Tommi
did 11 (sword) damage to Orc3
(Enemies)
Houndmaster did 4 (kick) damage to Dog1
& moved (aggressive) to (G18) & did 17 (sword) damage to Escella
Dog1
woke & moved to (G16) & missed (bite)
Dog2 woke & moved to (G17) & missed (bite)
Orc2 moved to (L17) & woke Dog2
Orc3
moved (aggressive) to (P4) & did 7 (axe) damage to Tommi
Orc5 dashed (aggressive) to (S8)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Orcs at the Swan's Nest
SNest4.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Houndmaster (G18); Dog1 (G16); D2 (G17); D3 (Dead);
Orc1 (Dead); O2 (K17); O3 (P4); O4 (AS11); O5 (S8);
(PCs) Angis (F17); Dandin (F16); Escella (F18); Tommi (O5); Vairar (AT12); (NPCs) Orb5 (AR11);
(General Features) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Crypt: (Darkness); Terrain: Cliffs (10 foot drops); Pond (20 feet deep);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14 HP 40/40 HD 4/4 PP14* SS 3/3
Dandin AC14 HP 23/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 3/4 3/3 BI 3/3
Escella AC14 HP 7/24 HD 4/4 PP 14 SS 4/4 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 3/28 HD 4/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 17/31 HD 4/4 PP13* SS 3/4 3/3 SoF
(NPCs)
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 3/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Houndmaster AC16 HP 37/52
Dog1 AC11 HP 7/11
Dog2 AC11 HP 2/11
Dog3 AC11 HP 0/11 (Dead)
Orc1 AC13 HP 0/18 (Dead)
Orc2 AC13 HP 16/16
Orc3 AC13 HP 8/19
Orc4 AC13 HP 10/18 (Distracted by ORB5)
Orc5 AC13 HP 17/17
End Round Three; Begin Round Four

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin was surprised to see the visciousness with which the hounds were treated by the orcs. He almost felt bad for have givem the orcs a reason to abuse their animals. But they didn't have the luxury of self-doubt at this time. He thrust his rapier into yue nearest of the animals, hoping to finish it off quickly.

Their new guide looked the worse for wear so he offered he a few words of encouragment, and an insult for the big orc who'd just injured her.

Hopefully finishing off one of the dogs while they're weak. Not sure which dog is which, one would fall while the other would be almost down.

Siren's Call (Rapier): 1d20+6 20 1d8+3 5 saving a cutting words (1d6) for the houndmaster's next attack.

Healing Word: 1d4+2 6 for Escella

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi squares off against the orc that has pursued him, conscious that he is alone and the huge creature is bearing down at great speed. The tow dodge for a moment on either side of the tree trunk, and then Tommi lunges with his rusty blade, a downward swing cutting into his enemy's throat, and down through his ribs. The blade pours itself through the foe's ribcage, and when it stops, the hulking mass slips to the ground.

To Tommi, it feels like the blade is momentarily hesitant to let go of the corpse, but it does. He leaps over it and runs along the clifftop, in the same direction that he saw Orb5 fly. As he does, he sees another orc on the ground below.

He calls to it from on top of the cliff face. "I've just killed your friend. Catch me if you dare!"

OOC: Action: Gutter vs. Orc 3. 1d20+5=25. Damage - 1d6+3=8. Crit! so +1d6, and Gutter does an extra +2d6 on a crit, so total damage = 8+3d6=19.
Move+Dash (bonus): 60' along clifftop, to Z5.

Vairar smears some blood from the hit on his face and grins. In orcish
"You must mistake me for some pussy elf. It is the lack of tusks, right!? Right!? Run now before I have to tell the general I killed his soldiers. Go!"
He swings at the creature, hammer falling too short as he pulls back his swing keeping the wound on his side pressed.

Action: Attack vs Orc4; damage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [8, 8]+4 = 12
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
- good damage, low hit :(

Speech was supposed to imply that he is one of them...not a big chance with orcs, but whatever. If he seriously hits me again, I'm down. Then again, that one was a crit so...lets hope not. :)
Maybe groveling would buy me a round, but come on! :D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
TL;DR: Dandin 2 damage, needs STR DC 11 or fall prone

Houndmaster frowns at the dwarf and barks something at the dogs and the dog and he exchange places.
("Kill the female!")

He grins at the dwarf and in broken common growls
"She not challenge. Dog takes care of her. I take care of you first. Might care her later if she survives." he leers

He swings at the dwarf after the taunt, but in turn is taunted by Dandin and it pulls his aim just enough to swish harmlessly by the dwarf. As he recovers, glaring at the halfling, the dog rushes at Escella pushing him totally off-balance for the next swing (crit fumble)

The stumble of the big orc disbalances the animal too and it snaps at Escella, but it comes too short to catch her.

But the other one takes a solid grab at the halfling. It hurts, but his armor keeps the teeth out of his flesh. The dog worries him trying to take him down.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The orc's commentary angered Dandin, but he used it as an opportunity. Just as he was making his attack the halfling piped in. "What? Like you 'care' for your dogs?"

He had a moment of satisfaction as his remark struck home. Then hissed in pain as the dog bit his leg. Fortunately the mutt didn't manage to get a very good grip and he was able to keep his feet.

Strength Check: 1d20-1 15

Fyi, Cutting words is a -1d6 to the attack roll, not disadvantage. That said, your attack would have missed based on the first roll anyways so no need to change anything. That said, we run cutting words and the like a bit more loosely just because it's so hard to keep the game flowing otherwise sometimes. Basically if an attack 'would' hit but is within 3 or 4 from missing I'd roll. I will try and announce during my action if I want to target a specific enemy for it.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Afternoon
Round 4

Angis grinned at the orc as it switched places to face him. “Mebbe I’ll cut ye doon t’ me height t’ make this a fair fight,” he taunted the orc, deflecting the axe blow away from him, with some help from Dandin’s taunt.

Then his battle axes did a complicated routine, striking out three times, twice at the orc and once at the dog in front of Escella. The orc managed to block the strikes against him, but Angis landed a solid blow on the hound, slicing off its head.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack Houndmaster
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Bonus Action: Attack Houndmaster
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Horde Breaker: Attack Hound G18
Battleaxe hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
1D8+2+1D6 = [4]+2+[2] = 8

Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Concentration: Hunter’s Mark Hound G18
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 40/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 10
Bolts used: 2
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As a dog jumped on him and tried to bring him down, Dandin kept his feet and thrust his rapier into its side. The dog yelped but kept on snarling, even as Angis lopped the head from its mate with his axe. The houndmaster swung his big sword at the Dwarf in vengeance, but was enough distracted by Dandin's taunts for Angis to hook the blade with his axe's 'beard'. The dwarf and the orc wrestled for a moment, locked together, and Escella took the opportunity to thrust her rapier under the big orc's arm, leaving a deep puncture wound.

On the ridge, Tommi lunged around a tree through the underbrush and split his orcish opponent from throat to groin. The orc fell, and the lad felt an uneasy sense of satisfaction as he pulled the blade free. He ran along the ridge and could just make out an orc running the other way along the trail below him.

That orc reached the ramp-bridge that led to the Daggerfordians' 'front line'. There he shoved another orc as that one was readying to throw a javelin at Escella and the spear went well wide of its target. The running orc grabbed a javelin off of the orc that he'd shoved, and he threw it over the huntmaster's shoulder, gazing Angis' cheek.

In the elves' crypt, Vairar was in a tight spot. He tried a poor ruse and swung his hammer at a very menacing orc. The orc grunted and bashed his hammer aside, raising an axe. Then the small flying metallic orb that Vairar had only just noticed a moment before poked out a little arm-like protrusion and sent a shower of little lightning-bolts into the orc. It didn't seem to injure the orc badly, but it hurt and angered him. The orc swung his axe at the orb in a blow that would surely smash the orb, but a shimmering field appeared and the axe stopped short in a shower of sparks.

GM:
(Allies)
Angis did 8 (axe) damage to Dog2 (Dead)
Dandin did 5 (sword) damage to Dog1 & healed Escella 6 HP
Escella did 11 (sword) damage to Houndmaster
Tommi
did 25 (sword) damage to Orc3 (Dead) & dashed (CA) to (Z5)
Vairar missed (hammer) Orc4
ORB5
did 1 (shocking grasp) damage to Orc4 & cast shield
(Enemies)
Houndmaster missed Angis due to Dandin's cutting words
Dog1 did 2 (bite) damage to Dandin
Dog2
missed (bite) & died
Orc2 missed (javelin) Dog2
Orc3
was gutted by gutter.
Orc4 missed ORB5