D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi bows his head respectfully. "I'll do what I can, Lord Darfin. If it is not too presumptuous, consider me at your service."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella had seen Lord Darfin many times around Daggerford but had only spoken to him on one occasion. Being a minor nobleman of the region, her father had often attended court functions under Duke Paewyn Daggerford (the current Duke's father) and had often taken her along as a child. On one such event, Escella (who had grown bored with the political chatter of the adults) was playing a mock sword-fight with a noble boy and had rounded a pillar in the great hall and had bumped into the elf-lord who was standing there speaking with his nephew, Kelson (later to become her patron).

She had dropped the meat-skewer that was her mock-sword, and the elf had scooped it up and handed it back to her, showing her a superior grip while smiling kindly. She had utterly forgotten this event until just this moment when Lord Darfin corrected himself saying, "Then I was wrong. We have met, Escella. My nephew Kelson, speaks highly of you."

As they got down to business, he said, "We have been outnumbered, of course, as Floshin Manor does not keep its own militia - just a few guards, and friends that stay here when they are not elsewhere. This has made it difficult for us to do much more than defend the place, while the orcs grow in number. We have been able to determine that they follow a leader they call the 'Pale Chief'. I have seen him; he is very pale for an orc."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We can get the Pale Chief," says Tommi, interrupting. "Kill or capture."

The young lad isn't smiling, but he's clearly excited, daunted by his perception of royalty, and caught up in the excitement. Possibly spurred on by the blade at his side. "Let us help you, Lord Darfin, if you know where he is."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"The Pale Chief, you say... Well, we'll just have to see how pale he gets when he realizes the Doughty Daggerfordians are on the case..." The halfling chuckles for a moment amused by his own bravado.

"But seriously, what can you tell us about their forces? Any powerful spellcasters we should be aware of or just any lthing particularly nasty that they've pulled so far?

"I was hoping to get a glimpse earlier when they attacked and they caught me near the temple. I'm thinking he's a half-orc or even human."
Vairar nods at the group
"Your courage is commendable, but orcs organized in the horde are dangerous. Don't get overconfident on one victory."

OOC: changing to blue to not be same color as gargoyleking/dandin

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"We've had more than one, but you're right. We need to find a way to take them down a few notches before we go for their chief. I don't suppose we have a map to work from?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Swan’s Nest
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Angis shook his head. Children playing soldiers. But an orc horde was nothing to scoff at, nor was any orc strong enough to command multiple clans to do his bidding. They had done well against goblins, but nearly broken on the rocks of the hobgoblins.

“Best be cautions, me lads an’ lassies,” the dwarf warned. “Get all the information we can, an’ no’ get overconfident an’ foolish. D’ye ken where the orcs are encampin’?” he asked the elven lord.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (598r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 40/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lord Darfin nodded to him and Talynen fetched a scroll from a rack. He rolled it out onto the table and the elf lord said, "Their main force is camped here in the centre of the garden - about six hundred feet away. I can lend you a glass and you can see for yourself from the balcony. There are outlying banners posted here, here, and here to stop any aid from reaching us."

OOC: He indicated the red diamond as the main camp, and the three blue diamonds as the others.
FloshinEstate.jpg

"We could try to free one of the roads to enable non-combatants to move out and support to come in. I was thinking about clearing southern road and sending a rider out. We would need to hold the manor against the horde and the road clear long enough for support to reach us."
Scarred elf looks over the map
"Western looks to close to the main camp and the northern one is far and we would be cut off from the manor if things go sour. With the southern road we may even assume we killed part of them and maybe have an short-term advantage before they are expected back."

Remove ads