D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Escella follows Lionel into the mansion. When she smells the smell, she runs back and tells the other of the rotting smell and then heads back toward the smell.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi runs to follow, and he hits the smell which hangs in the air as if it were a wall or a barrier. He quickly pats his pockets to feel for pebbles. Good, they're there.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When Escella entered the manor, the smoke-like substance swirled around her. To her, it reminded her instantly of her ordeal. Her mind flashed back to a crazed-looking gnoll shaman, waving a bundle of smoking sticks over her. The smell made her head swirl, and she staggered as she ran back across the bridge. Before she could report the experience to the others, she had a vision...

In her mind's eye she was in a familiar field, not far from Daggerford - one that she had travelled by many times as a scout, looking for any trouble that might threaten her home. From nowhere, a towering man stepped forth - a giant in dull-grey armour, with one glowing eye and one in shadow, behind a helm that hid his face. One arm held an axe made of shadows - in fact, the shadows travelled up the arm so that it was impossible to tell where the hand was that held the axe.

"I am Sing-Axe, a Titan of old." said the Titan, "You are Escella, made known to me by ritual. Should you chose to serve me, I will be your champion in the realms beyond mortals. I will grant you powers beyond imagining, even unto immortality, should you prove worthy. Will you serve?"

As he spoke, he passed his shadowy axe back and forth, and it made a high, but not unpleasant noise.

OOC: Escella should make a Wisdom (Insight) roll.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi saw Escella stagger and lean against the wall of the bridge. She appeared disoriented and confused. One of her eyes shone with a bright light, open but unseeing, while the smoke-like-substance swirled around her other eye, as if it were being sucked into a void there.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Escella, are you alright?" He places his hand on the back of her neck. "It's Tommi. Can you hear me? Can you feel me near you?" He waves a hand in front of her eyes, and steadies her lest she fall.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In her vision-space, the Titan raised himself up in anger, towering over Escella. "You DARE question me!?" he bellowed. The field on one side was consumed by inky darkness, while on the other side it burned.

The situation was terrifying, but Escella was struck with a realization: If the creature could hurt her, it probably would have. Smoke curled around the Titan's abdomen, creating what looked like a tail - or perhaps it was a belt, as it trailed down from the creature's front. It passed by her and travelled off to who-knows-where.

"Of course, I dare." She says with a laugh. "Some fool says 'I can give you power' and they don't give details, they probably need me more than I need them. Also, the one-eye motif makes me wonder if you're a wannabe Vecna or wannabe Gruumsh. I live in the twilight and looking around, there's not a lot of twilight between your dark night and bright light. Now, are you just some angry fool or do you actually have a plan that would benefit us both? I don't respond well to bravado or hubris. Why you? Why me? Why us? So far all you are doing is delaying me in telling my friends where I'm currently defending my boss's mansion that there's a fire and the smell of undead. You aren't working with the undead are you?

"Now, let me go or start talking civilly. And if you are going to talk, tell me specifically who you are, what you stand for and what you think I bring to the table. My thing is twilight, not bright light and deep darkness."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With Escella's defiance, the Titan's face twisted in a look that betrayed suprise behind its anger. He quickly masked the look and waved his hand, saying, "Bah, begone with you then. You have no use to me."

OOC: Please give me a Wisdom Saving Throw and a Perception Check

Tommi caught Escella as she suddenly was thrust backward as if she'd been backhanded by a powerful blow.

Remove ads