D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"No, sir. I'm no wizard. But travelling means acquiring unexpected companions."

He's no good at guessing the ages of dwarves, of course, and he has no idea when "used to be" might have been. The dwarf made no recognition of him mom, Jyn, and so it might have been longer than the thirty years she'd been living there.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Ironslag. Perhaps you could tell us something of the gnolls? I've never seen one, live. But we knew they were here."

He doesn't volunteer that they are gnoll hunting, since it seems the dwarf might have had some unfortunate run-ins recently. But maybe he knows something of the magic they use?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Helgrim knew the Hardcheese name, a family of halflings that ran the Happy Cow tavern (and moneylenders). Lionel was unfamiliar to him, but was presumably a descendent of Fulbar Hardcheese, who had owned that tavern when Helgrim and the dwarves of the Ironeaters Clan had first arrived in Daggerford. Fulbar was long gone, Helgrim knew, and his descendants had continued the family business.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Vairar and Dornuk had been setting up a tarp in what had been the north wing of the lodge, while the others spoke to the elderly dwarf. The skies had clouded out the stars and rain threatened to start at any moment. Suddenly, the night's air was split by a cackling howl. A voice called from down what had once been the lodge's access road (now a mostly overgrown trail, that led up a rise, on the top of which stood the lodge foundation), "Hawhooo! C'mon oud, dwarrrrff! I prrromise ta gobble yerr up quick! Make uz cummup derrre, an' I'll gobble yerr up sslow!"

The voice came from a bear-sized, mangy hyena that stood drooling at the arc of the trail as it led up to the ruins. Behind him stood two gnolls, eagerly holding arrows to their bow-strings.

GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians vs Gnolls at Nandar Lodge
NandarLodge1.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Trees, Rocks, Water; Visibility: Dim (Dusk), Dark under trees; Cover: Walls, Rocks
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Dornuk AC18* HP 10/71 HD 4/6 PP14* MA 3/3 BM 3/3 S.dc15
Escella AC14 HP 20/33 HD 0/6 PP18 SS 4/4 3/3 2/2 SP 5/5
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 4/6 PP14
Tommi AC14 HP 37/39 HD 3/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 29/45 HD 1/6 PP13* SS 2/4 1/3 1/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* Shock+5,1d8; SS 2/3 fly60'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Hyena "Worg" AC 13 HP27/27 PP12*
Gnolls AC14 HP22ea PP9*
-Gn1 22/22; Gn2 22/22;
GM: Begin Round One

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Helgrim curses loudly as the introductions are cut short by the shouted challenge. He was just getting to know these people and here come those gnolls again!

"No time fer theoretics, lad," the dwarf says to Tommi, keeping his voice down while picking up his axe again, straps a wicked looking warhammer to his belt and grabs a heavy steel shield embossed with a hammer and a foaming mug. If anything he looks more ready for battle than before, raising his shield and weapon before looking at the others with raised eyebrows as if waiting for them to hurry up.

Taunting the gnolls while stalling for time as his allies prepare for battle, Helgrim calls out loudly, "Ran out of fresher meat, did ye? Better hurry b'fore old age takes me first and spoils me taste completely!"

Quietly he adds to the others by the fireplace, "Might be they haven't noticed ye, so if any has some skill in sneakin' up behind 'em, this is yer chance."

OOC: Readying for battle, hoping to draw them to us.

Btw, I didn't see Helgrim in the Allies spoiler, so here's a line to insert:
Helgrim AC19 HP 58/58 HD 0/6 PP11 SD 0/5d8 dc15

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi nods, and decides to duck round, climbing over the low stone wall of the ruin, and finds a place to hide. With a practiced circular motion, his sling uncoils from around his wrist.

OOC: Move and action: 60', hampered by difficult terrain. Heading south and then east, I thin khe can make either Q26 or V25 (depending on how much is difficult terrain), where he will attempt to
Bonus action: Hide 1d20+8=17.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi climbed over a broken part of the foundation wall and rolled across the grass. He came up behind a tree whose branches went all the way to the ground, and he took cover there. Helgrim was donning his shield and taunting the oversized, talking hyena and the gnolls, and Tommi was sure that they hadn't seen him move to where he was, whether they had known he was there or not.

OOC: Helgrim and Tommi have gone, but no one else (yet).

Remove ads