[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The gand glances at people speaking to empty space (again), then back to the blue prism. He squats down on his haunches next to the stick figure of GE3-T3 and observes the exchange with interest, the cone of her glowrod slowly panning over the scene...

OOC: Any trace of markings, panels, recesses etc, GK? Either into the pyramid or into the floor, leading down?
Silent movies: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [4, 13]+5 = 18

GreenKarl

First Post
This Gand could see nothing like a panel or recess in the pyramid or the floor dais it was sitting on. There were markings in the form of strange hieroglyphics that were similar but also fairly different then the ones found on the floor and those from the hallway leading into the chamber. This Gand got the feeling that some had been... change or modified from the original design. She was not sure how just that they had been.

When the three force users indicated that they agreed to the 'test'* the voice in their minds replied "Excellent... open yourselves too me and allow my presence to see into the Way..."

They each then felt a cold sickly brush against their minds... a probing of a presence strong in the Dark Side of the Force, but also limited in some way.

GM: *Assuming Jihahna also agrees to the 'test'... now this Dark Side Presence wants to 'look' at you... you get the feeling it is looking for something akin to how strong to the Dark Side you are (i.e. in Dark Side Points? Dark Side Powers, etc.)

You can reject its touch easily up to you

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Oblivious to the developing mental drama, the gand has ratchetted down her voice and now softly confers with GE3-T3 on the meaning of this or that marking, paying special attention to the meaning of those that appear to have been changed in some way...

OOC: The gand has a datacard on dead languages as well, which might come in handy here.

Shayuri

First Post
"You wish to see me?" Kacela asked the nameless presence in the room. She drew herself up and stared defiantly at the crystal. "Then look. But know that your 'way' is not mine, and I am not here to follow it."

(Kacela allows this thing to 'look,' but is ready with Rebuke if it tries to knock her around with the Force again. :))

Sezarious

Explorer
[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Jihahna moved forward with light, but deliberate steps as she followed the others deeper into the temple. She silently takes the glow rod from her utility belt and breaks and shakes it up. She then cuts into the top of it with her vibroblade and trails behind the rest of the party, drawing a trail along the path back out.

Once she feels the cold darkness pressing upon her, she swallows somewhat nervously. After Kacela replies to the crystal, Jihahna steps forward too. "I'm guessing you need to test Kacela, Reks and myself? I can't really tell you if i'm ready to prove myself worthy, but we have to progress below, so i'll take your test..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
The three Force Users suddenly felt a dark presents within their minds - there was a pause and then a chuckle - 'You are all strong in your own ways but none of you are followers of the ancient ways... your soul's are too... unsuited for the Way. But I will release the seal into the Star Chamber... for there you will see True Power and you will accept it or you will die. I find the prospects of either outcome... interesting.'

With that the present left the trio and the ground began to shake as the central dais sank into the floor to reveal a stone staircases leading down deeper into the core of the planet. Hot, stale air rushes out of this seal area to fill part of room with steam that blocks the view of the team out past a few meters. A powerful bluish glow illuminated the area below.

Those connected to the Force all felt a powerful Dark Side place below... now even stronger then before...

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Oh no, something bad is about to happen if what I'm feeling is correct!" Reks yells to the others.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Shayuri

First Post
"Relax," Kacela instructed firmly, though her own heart skipped a beat and her hand quietly took her lightsaber into itself.

"This 'star chamber' is where we were trying to get to. That's where this presence is. I'm sure it's what the Sith would be after. Whatever it is, we must deal with it this time."

Remove ads