[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Forged Fury

First Post
[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

"This isn't looking good..." Cal observed. "I'm moving closer to the jedi. They look like they're in trouble." The medic pushed off from the ground and darted closer to the pair of jedi, both appeared to have been wounded and out of sorts. Grabbing cover, he fired a shot at the remaining battle droid, hoping to draw its attention. Not looking to even see if he hit, he dove behind a stalagmite, attempting to give the droid a more difficult target.

OOC: Move - 6 meters to stand from prone (I'm assuming 5e rules of half movement to stand, sorry can't remember if that was the case) then move within 60m of the battle droid for carbine range, but trying not to get too close to Reks and Kacela yet, if possible. Trying to avoid having the droid switch to Auto-Fire, so at least 4m from them. I have 6m of movement to play with, so just let me know if it is possible.
Action - Attack [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]
Free Action: Dropping Prone

Ugh... FFS!

HP: 44/54
FP: 6/7
Blaster Carbine (w/PBS), Ranged +7, 3d8+6, Ammo: 46/50, Range: 60/600

Shayuri

First Post
(agh, I'm confused...how do we roll saves in this? We have static defense ratings. How do I calculate my Con save? Do I have proficiency?)

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: See below... but your rolled a 2, sooooo might not help. :(

[sblock=Negate Energy]Time: Reaction; Target: One attack made against you that deals energy damage; Duration: Instant
Use the Force check: If the result of your check equals or exceeds the damage dealt by any type of energy, that attack is negated and you take no damage. If the check result is less than the amount of damage dealt you fail to negate the attack and take the damage as normal.
Special: You must be aware of the attack to negate it, if you are successful, you can spend a Force Point to regain a number of hit points equal to the damage of the negated attack, up to a maximum of our full normal hit points. You can also spend a Force Point to increase the roll to negate higher damage from an attack.[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Yes, its a Constitution ability check, sorry. I am still playing a lot of D&D and confuse the different termanology all the time. In order to recover from Reeling, you need to make a Constitution ability check vs. a DC equal to 1/2 the damage (round down) or a 10 whichever is higher. The max DC for this check is a 20. If you succeed with an 11 you recover from Reeling. If you fail you are still considered Reeling next round. You can still act if you want to without trying to recover but all attack rolls, skill checks and ability checks (not related to recovering from Reeling) are at a disadvantage while you do so

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
drone muble clicketty whirr "The mists swirl in strange ways," philosophized the gand in answer to their medic, her enjoyment apparently unmarred (heightened?) by approaching death as he rises, firing three bolts out into the cave on his way to another piece of cover.

She caught Kacela's eyes and interrogatively gestures towards the billowing smoke to their right, booted trooper feet crunching into dirty floors somewhere behind there...

[sblock=OOC]Suggesting Kacela use her remaining move to get closer to the smoked-out tunnel AND take total cover from the droids plus 60m-troopers? The smoke-tunnel trooper should emerge from the smoke at the end of this or maybe the next round, depending if they moved full out or are being careful in their approach. Ready action. Bang. Sound like a plan?

Actions:
1/2 move to stand from prone
Double and bonus attacks vs sniper, then droid if hit:
The power of love: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [17, 8]+7 = 15; 3D8+6 = [5, 8, 3]+6 = 22
2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [2, 7]+7 = 9; 3D8+6 = [7, 2, 4]+6 = 19
2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [19, 2]+7 = 9; 3D8+6 = [7, 6, 8]+6 = 27

Using a FP to make that first one a hit: The power of love: 1D4+1 = [2]+1 = 3. Sniper down!
1/2 move take full cover from the droid and the 60m-tunnel troopers, somewhere at least 8m away from the edge of the smoke :)[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna stood up defiantly at Reks and Kacela's injuries. Gritting her teeth, she moved towards Kacela, yelling at her to throw her the explosive, then telling her and Reks to get low whilst they recover.

Once she reached Kacela, she re-doubled her efforts as she sprinted back to the tunnel, an angry and slightly desperate growl on her lips, muffled only by her desire to stay focused on her tactics.

OOC:

Half movement to stand up, then remaining half movement plus dash action to move past Kacela and back to the tunnel.

Object interaction to grab explosives from Kacela on the way past, provided she is ok with that.

Free action or 5e equivalent to yell...

Future actions:
Will attempt to use the force to throw the explosives at the troopers with Uthal next turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove ads