• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] The Odd Job

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Darrowhill/Tomb
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach looked back at Balin with a grin. “Sounds like my kind of woman,” he said lewdly.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield (if needed)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 31/31 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 3/3d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Action Surge (1/R)

Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands, Shield
Weapon Bond: Greatsword, Bat’leth
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Hrgach reaches out to touch the door handle its warm, opening the door he braces for the worst.and. Nothing, zilch,nada the door swings open and nothing just a small flight of stairs leading up.

The stair case leads out onto a room with a rope suspended over a 50ft wide pit with a 30ft drop and spikes lots of spikes. If would appear the only way forward is crossing the pit via the rope. There is a long thin pole propped up against a wall next to it a inscription reads."Only fools rush in." sat on the floor next to the pole is a jesters hat complete with bells.

"Hey, there's a hat. I think there might be bells on it. But I'm not sure." Ignoring the obviously unimportant hat, she looks at the rope. "I wonder how well that rope will hold us, especially our minotaur friend. Do we even want to pull on the rope? Given the spikes below, I can imagine pulling the rope collapsing the ceiling."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Darrowhill/Tomb
Evening
Round 0

OOC: I read that as the rope is suspended horizontal, like a tightrope. Or is it rather suspended vertical, like an Indiana Jones/Pitfall-swinging thing?

Hrgach stared a the rope and the hate. “Great,” he muttered. He glanced at the others. “We could check out the other doors,” he commented. “No fire here. No way I want to try and cross that.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield (if needed)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 31/31 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 3/3d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Action Surge (1/R)

Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands, Shield
Weapon Bond: Greatsword, Bat’leth
[/sblock]

Ana looks at the depth of the pit, at the width of the room, and wonders out loud, "Who built this place? There aren't enough stone carvers in this little backwater town to have done it. And why was it built for some guy who owns an inn? Balin's dad wasn't a lord? How did he manage to afford this place?"

She looks at Hrgach, "Yeah, I don't think all five of us can get across that rope safely."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads