[IC] The Odd Job

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
DarrowhillForest/Cave
10:48 AM
Round 0

Hrgach straightened up. He eyed the pool and tasted the water a bit. If it seemed fresh, he would refill his skin.

“Ready,” he told Ana, drawing his greatsword again. “Let’s check that other passage.”

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 20/22 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/2d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Feeling refreshed the group set off down the tunnel it bends and twists as if a river once ran through the dry river bed keeps running until it comes to a sharp stop and drops at a 90 degree angle."Look there"Balin points to the remnants of a ladder half way down the cliff. The upper half of the ladder looks like it melted and fused into the rock possibly the work of Acid, the lower half looks un damaged though if only you could reach it.

OOC: The drop is a grand total of 75ft due to the lack of light you Cant see all the way to the bottom. The "usable section of the ladder starts 40ft down so it is in Dim light(I'm assuming Asha has been spamming the light cantrip). The climb from top to bottom is athletics 16 advantage or maybe even auto success for clever ideas

Ana looks at the area at the top above where the ladder exists. She's checking for footprints and if she doesn't find any she says, "Does anyone see any footprints here? I thought we were searching for a werewolf. Why would a werewolf climb down into a deep pit?

"Back in the bedroom, we saw that the infected person was trying to keep themselves from hurting people by chaining themselves up. That didn't really work out but that doesn't explain why this ladder down to a pit is here, or why someone destroyed the top of the ladder. I don't think our beast is down there." Ana looks up at the ceiling. "Some other beast is probably down there. Should we spend time dealing with this, presumably contained beast or should we check out the rest of this cave complex and come back to this?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
DarrowhillForest/Cave
10:49 AM
Round 0

“Perhaps it is another way for the creature to get out?” Hrgach said, kneeling down and indicating the claw marks. “I have rope and a grappling hook. Perhaps we can get some light down there.”

The hobgoblin pulled a torch and lit it, then tossed it down to the bottom of the drop so they could hopefully see what might be down there before they descended.

OOC: Not sure if my darkvision would reach beyond (+60 feet?) the 40 foot dim light.

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Yes darkvision does indeed reach for some reason I thought darkvision was only 30ft sorry about that, not even sure where I got that idea from.So those with darkvison can in fact see the bottom as if it where bright light.

No sooner than Hrgach lights his torch do leaves swirl on an unearthly wind that extinguishes the torch.
[Sblock=darkvision]
There is a deep trench at the bottom that looks to be carved by a waterfall flowing for many years, a rope bridge stretches from the cliff to the other side of the trench. The floor on the far side of the bridge looks oddly familiar the same smooth yellow flagstones from Gheedons short cut.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
DarrowhillForest/Cave
10:50 AM
Round 0

OOC: Actually, darkvision only sees as if in dim light :) Disadvantage on Perception checks, but otherwise no other penalties (though I rule you can’t read with darkvision.)

“Well, Hells below,” Hrgach murmured, seeing the rope bridge and the familiar flagstones. “Seems this might be connected to Gheedon’s little shortcut. Same strange wind, too,” he muttered in annoyance, glancing at his now unlit torch. “So...options?”

OOC: I can’t recall, were there more tunnels back the way we came to explore, or is this it, since the pool dead ended.

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

"There were several caved in tunnels in the shortcut. But I think we checked all the tunnels we could reach when we were down there. So this probably doesn't connect to the shortcut." Ana says. "Still, I think we should be sure we've searched everything up here before going down there. I'd prefer not to have something follow us down there and get trapped between multiple enemies."

"I agree with Ana. If there are anymore tunnels or rooms up here we should check them first. Wouldn't want to get trapped down that hole with something nasty up here."

Asha smiles and looks at the others.

"If this is the only way forward then lead on Hgach."

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Pretty sure you checked everything leading up to this point, now that I have checked my notes I am certain.

On darkvision I thought it added 60ft to the light sources range so in the case of the light spell it would be 20+60 bright light then a then 20+60 dim? Unless I have been wrong all these years(possible)

Remove ads