Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri narrows her eyes at the glint, and murmurs, "Excuse me for a moment."

She hurries to the dead naga's side and searches for another hint of that tantalizing gleam. After a moment she starts pushing or kicking the snakelike trunk aside, looking for something buried underneath...

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

"It wasn't a headband..." - the bald one starts. "It was a stone... A dark stone that the boss' wife used on her forehead."

After reaching out for the dead Naga, Shayuri makes the connection. After bashing the corpse around, she finds a small black stone underneath a scale, lodged in the creature's forehead. The piece, encased in a silver frame, shines under the light, but at the same time seems to devour part of the energy flow, becoming opaque at some points.

Now it's the merchant that speaks.

"It might well be the case... Having another ooze inside, I mean. The boss was the only one to access that place occasionally. He had no key, also. It's as if something... Something inside... Opened it up for him..." - he shivers once more, as if compelled by his very core.

The bald dwarf continues.

"If... You're really bound to do this, well... I've never seen that thing hurt to a point of no return. Always it recovered, and even faster when... Feeding. There's a weird detail that might help you, though: whenever it talked to the boss, or to anyone, really, it seemed to know everything going on around, as if it had eyes sprung out all over the place. Once it was discussing how to bring lotus into the valley, and it denounced one of the halfling workers for stealing from the boss. An hour later the poor sod was caught, his extra gold, taken, and his hand, cut off. Ya'see, I think... I think it knows what happens because it has a larger body, sprung around in piece-meal oozes..." - he seems half focused and half mad as he rambles about the thing.

Given the circumstances, Arvana simply ascents to Marius' request, mostly ignoring the bald prisoner. She reassures Marius that it would be easy to manage the situation up above while they were gone. "They aren't coming back here, that's for sure..." - she smiles with her eyes, as usual. The rogue traitor quietly acquiesces, willing to help. He doesn't feel comfortable with the unnatural presence down below, apparently. Besides, the captives have no choice, or so it seems.

[Ok, you can take a short rest before moving on, if you so choose. In case you wish to return down, this is what you see...]

The abyss that separates the main corridor of the mine from the ominous door howls lowly with the sounds of the wind. Accidents on the wall resemble old gargoyles, leading towards a pitch-black darkness that even the keenest eye can't pierce from beyond a certain point. The door's housed in a stone column that also rises from the darkness. No other access leads to it, and the column stands isolated, much like a tower silently placed into an ocean of shadows. Only a pair of torches light the flanks of the massive passage. The door itself is quite the work of craftsmanship. The metal thing is decorated by the central image of a bearded, wrathful dwarven face. No hints of hinges or sections are left. Whoever forged it was indeed talented, and odds are that magic was involved. The siege gives a terrifying impression, as if made to dissuade careless travelers from attempting an entrance. Aside from that, all rests in silence, the wooden bridge that links both sides of the cave moaning under the weight of passers-by.

[If you want to take another course of action, I'll re-write the post, no problem! I only advanced for the sake of agility!]

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

I meant 'check the others' as in check the building everyone ran out of. I think Neurotic thinks the same with 'up there ' rather than down...

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri wedges her dagger's blade under the jewel...carefully so as not to scratch or damage it...and attempts to pry it free of the naga's scales. She'll then hurry to rejoin the others.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Ok, I'll leave the description posted for posterity... :p]

The Long return seems to have been emptied in a hurry. Through the open doors, the strong odors of sweat and booze are barely disguised by an assortment of cheap perfumes and incenses. The smell seems to cling to the wooden floors and to the walls. Small doors seem to lead to constricted rooms all around. At the center, a set of doors seem to lead to a banquet room, now abandoned to the noisy fires of a mantle. The smell of cheap food reaches out towards the entrance as well. An office is adjacent to this room, The place is now completely silent, at least near the entrance. If anyone's inside, certainly managed to find ways to hide.

AREA MAP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rbZ13QCK78nK-0ym6wJXsdMBt89vqVBrSL6LSh_SF78/edit
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

Hagadark downs another potion, this one seems like a standard healing potion, not one of his combinations. He is still not well, but between his Spirit given healing ability and available potions, he will live.

He looks around more focused on sniffing the air, recognizing various additives to smells, light drugs, relaxants, covering scents...but he looks for the acrid one of the ooze.

[roll0]
[roll=Perception]1d20+3[roll]
[roll1]

EDIT: let's say he takes 10 on perception so I don't have to roll again :( This is why I advise using outside rollers. But sometimes this seems faster and I regret it :(

Archon Basileus

First Post
Beyond he heavy odors, the shaman recognizes the characteristic scent of the ooze, merged with the harmful hint of rotten flesh. The smell pervades the air, almost as if it overtook the place. Somewhere in the back, though, the scent is far more concentrated.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]

"No need, Marius. It is somewhere there, in the back. It has very specific smell." Hagadark stops the monk.
"Prepare what you have of ranged weapons. Last one reacted on alcali missiles, but I don't have any. So, fire and cold are probably our best options."

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], did we ascertain any immunities on the last one? It reacted to cold, right?

[roll0] <- I believe I rolled this in the last encounter too...no time to check right now.

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The smells lead to the back corridor. There, a small set of rooms, barely closed by curtains, lodge single, unmade beds, still clinging to the scent of their last occupiers. Somewhere around, Hagadark senses the presence of the damn things, but still the very same strange impression persists: it is as if the creatures surrounded the heroes completely.

[The search leads you to the northeastern area of the map, where the scent is stronger. [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], I'm assuming that Marius uses his skills to advance in stealth, even if not scouting for the group, ok? As for the rolls and the immunities, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], you did roll, and you've uncovered that the alcali delivers more damage, but still recoverable by the creature's regen. Ice managed to paralyze the creature, nullifying regen qualities for the duration of the effect.]

As the heroes step further inside, the smell becomes more pungent, and markedly present. The silence within this place is somewhat disturbing, even for Morgrym and Hagadark, used as they are with the isolation of underworld caves.

[Ok, I'm assuming that Morgrym is with you guys, unless you recommend other action for tactical purposes - or [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] posts distinct actions in the next few days. [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] can determine the position for Shay according to the very next posts. :)]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Remove ads