• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Important: Please Read! Changes Are Coming!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I'd rather pay for an upcoming feature that won't be available for a while than pay to keep something I already have.

"Gain does not have to derive from the loss of others."

Proud Rouseketeers Member-Badge #33

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am fine with charging more, but I hope there is a lot more than just "signatures" and "rep power" for an extra $36 a year.

We're completely open to suggestions. We do want to make sure that subscriptions remain good value, and if you guys let us know what you want we can always consider its viability.

Kinneus

Explorer
The reasoning behind that is resources. If everyone has access to search, the server explodes and nobody gets anything. Search, simply put, costs us large amounts of money.

It's one of those things I've always planned on changing in the long-term. But we're not in a position to right now. It's a goal, though.
That's actually really great to know. Thanks.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I am fine with charging more, but I hope there is a lot more than just "signatures" and "rep power" for an extra $36 a year. Like, for example, a physical copy of EW publications would be good. Or some type of exclusive content. Or the ability to change other users avatars and titles and such.

I agree.

Personally, it would be cool to make the subscription perks packages ala cart style (which might be harder to implement). That way you get to choose what perks you get when you subscribe at the $3 rate and then get everything with the higher tiered accounts.

Raven Crowking

First Post
No, but I can drop by once and give you enough to pay for a few years...

$3 is what, about UK2.00 these days?

Lanefan

Likewise, I would imagine a 5-year subscription ($360 money order) would be as good as monthly, but what do I know? I am sure that Morrus has reasons for the model he is choosing.

RC

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I agree.

Personally, it would be cool to make the subscription perks packages ala cart style (which might be harder to implement). That way you get to choose what perks you get when you subscribe at the $3 rate and then get everything with the higher tiered accounts.

That would be idea, I agree. It's far beyond my ability to do at present, though. It's absolutely something I can see a couple of years down the line.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
First, glad to see that things are working.

Second, $6 per month crosses that $50 per year threshold and says "expensive" (even if it really isn't). You'll have to offer some good stuff. And be careful about taking away from $3 subscribers...this is potentially dangerous (even if it shouldn't be or changes are seemingly small).

I look forward to learning more.

I have a 4 word Sig. I'm not playing $3 a month to keep it :D
In the immortal words of my sig, "Easy come, Easy go"

I do fear the future announcements of the board becoming members only...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads